• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hax's invincible ledge stall tips?

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
^ ^ They definitely are possible, jab is pretty fast. Also grab would obviously need to be JCed just so you don't run out of invincibility frames.

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
JC wouldn't help lol. It adds a frame at least.

If you try to running a bit and then grab then sure it helps, but you won't have invincibility at that point.

carnivore

Smash Cadet
Jab has a 5 frame window where you can get the hitbox out and your fist is still be invincible. 1 Frame after that and your fist is invincible up until the hitbox comes out.
Similarly, Grab has a 2 frame window where it's invincible and then after you're invincible right up until the hitbox comes out.

Assuming perfect ledge drop, jump and waveland ofc.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
Great read. Tons of information.

Also, it's not that hard to do maybe like 2-3 invincible ledge dashes in a row after a couple practice sessions. Don't let the gifs fool you.

For anyone still learning, I HIGHLY recommend doing this without the fast fall to ledge grab first. It's not invincible and it's not that useful, but it'll help you learn everything you need, and then all you need to do is double tap when you do the WD and you're set.

sam:)

Smash Cadet
i have a ****ty old purple controller with no control-stick rubber (its just plastic, kinda loose too) and i can do this tech pretty consistently. i just think anyone who says you need a fresh white controller to do any tech in particular is bull****ting you, don't waste 40$ if you feel comfortable.

Last edited:

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
i have a ****ty old purple controller with no control-stick rubber (its just plastic, kinda loose too) and i can do this tech pretty consistently. i just think anyone who says you need a fresh white controller to do any tech in particular is bull****ting you, don't waste 40$ if you feel comfortable.
I'd like to see you do this with ANY controller with full invincibility. I doubt even Hax can do it anymore without consistent practice. You literally have to be frame perfect, with no leeway.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I've started looking into this ledgedashstall/haxdash for a week or two, and I've made a bit of progress.

The case where you wave-land or wave-dash as soon as possible without fastfalling compares pretty closely to wave-landing onstage instantly from a ledgehop. The difficulty is that to haxdash you need to hold forward as quickly as possible after dropping from the ledge (like quarter-circle forward), circle back for the wavedash offstage, then circle forward as quickly as possible again. Holding forward after the ledge drop is so that you drift onto the stage just enough to clip the platform on the way down with the airdodge. When wavedashing back, it has to be as close to horizontal as possible so that falcon slides off quickly, and then because you're sliding off quickly, you need to hold forward so that the momentum from the wavedash doesn't put you out of the range to grab the ledge.

The speed required to move the control stick is something similar to that of moonwalking, but a lot more lenient because you never need to make a full half-circle for any segment.

There is risk involved in the extremes of methods proposed here.

if you choose the method that fastfalls to catch the ledge, you risk holding down for too long and not grabbing it, forcing yourself to jump or upB. It's also a lot more precise in timing of when you ledgedrop and when you re-catch the ledge, so achieving an invincible hax dash this way is hard.
if you choose the method that doesn't fastfall to catch, you risk either a.) not being far enough above the stage, b.) not being far enough onto the stage, and c.) not holding forward quickly enough after the wavedash to be in range to grab the ledge.

Do any falcon mains aim for the earlier wave-dashes back?

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
It's not hard to ff to ledge...you just tap it. Also, you do the same thing to ledgehog anyways so it should be ingrained in your muscle memory by now lol. The actual hax dash isn't hard tbqh, it's just that ledge stuff can be intimidating at first

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
any videos on this topic?
Bringing back this topic just to say that I made a video of myself doing it on Yoshi's.
It's much easier on there because of the slant, cutting out the fast fall to the ledge. Currently practicing on other stages as well.

Top Bottom