• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Hax Team With a Gliscor Finish" - a Shoddy and WiFi D/P/PT Team (OU)

Ugg

Smash Champion
"Hax Team With a Gliscor Finish" (OU)

Hi. This'll be my second RMT here at Smashboards. This team is centered around paralyzing the whole opposition, then flinching them on the way, eventually setting up a Gliscor sweep. Keep in mind when rating this team that it is for WiFi and Shoddy play, so don't suggest Rotom-A or anything, please. That being said, I've played with this team for quite a while on Shoddy now, and it's been used to some pretty good success, though I don't play enough to see if I'm able to get on the leaderboard. Anyway, Enjoy!

That's the team. Jirachi starts it off with paralysis and Stealth Rock. Togekiss is my other paralysis / flincher. Lanturn is for paralysis / confusion. Machamp absorbs status and confuses. Tyranitar sets up sandstorm for Gliscor, and Gliscor sweeps!​

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 236 Attack / 32 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Serene Grace
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Description: Jirachi's an awesome lead for this team, really. He's absolutely amazing at what he does. Stealth Rock is for obvious reasons. Body Slam is for paralysis (hits ground types, bonus!) Iron Head is for flinching and STAB. U-turn is for scouting and works amazingly when paired with Body Slam, because paralysis usually causes switches, which is where I would U-turn and get the advantageous switch. He's also the only Steel-type this team has, which also means Dragon resist, which can be pretty crucial. I don't play him like a suicide lead, I try to keep him alive so that I can paralyse and flinch more things later on.

EVs / Nature / Ability: 240 HP EVs is so that I can hit 401 HP, which is an odd number and allows me to survive 4 Seismic Tosses. 32 Speed lets me out-run a max Speed Timid Magnezone and Jolly Tyranitar. The rest went into Attack for overall power.

Synergy:

- Lanturn, Tyranitar

- Togekiss, Gliscor

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Special Defense
Nature: Calm
Ability: Serene Grace
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere

Description: Togekiss is my second paralyzer and flincher. Thunder Wave is for obvious reasons. Roost is for survivability. Air Slash is for flinching and STAB, and Aura Sphere is to hit things that resist Air Slash. A bonus is that Togekiss is really specially-bulky, so I can switch in on a lot of hits and Thunder Wave on the switch. I might even replace Roost with Wish, since my team would benefit from Wish support.

EVs / Nature / Ability: A standard 252 / 252 / 4 spread to achieve maximum bulkiness. I've been considering running a more physically bulky Togekiss, though.

Synergy:

- Lanturn, Gliscor

- Jirachi, Lanturn

- Jirachi, Machamp

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Defense / 180 Special Defense / 36 Speed
Nature: Calm
Ability: Volt Absorb
- Thunder Wave
- Confuse Ray
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Description: I love Lanturn. He provides a ton of resistances for my team, which is very useful. I used to use a Rotom-S in this slot, but I tested Lanturn on Shoddy so that I could make the team for WiFi, and it worked out beautifully. Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray make a great pair, when a Pokemon is paralyzed and confused they only have a 37.5% chance of attacking. Thunderbolt and Surf also make a good pair, having great neutral coverage and are both of Lanturn's STABs. For me, Lanturn was an obvious choice because he's one of the only Pokemon who learns Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray. His awesome typing is icing on the cake.

EVs / Nature / Ability: The spread is pretty complicated. 36 Speed lets me out-speed base 70 Pokemon like Skarmory. 40 HP is to hit 401 HP, for an odd number and so that I can survive 5 Seismic Tosses. I pumped Defense, and the rest went towards Special Defense.

Synergy:

- Jirachi, Togekiss

- Togekiss, Gliscor

Machamp @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Speed
Ability: No Guard
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Description: Machamp fits this team really well. He's an awesome status absorber that has a 100 base power move (with STAB) and a 100% chance to confuse, to boot. Payback is for good coverage paired with DynamicPunch. Rest / Sleep Talk are so that I can absorb status and have a reliable way of healing. Machamp's going first when the opponent is paralyzed, so he can wreak havoc with DynamicPunch. Payback hits the Rotom formes, which can be a pretty big *****.

EVs / Nature / Ability: It's a standard 252 / 252 / 4 spread. 252 HP is for the best overall survivability, and 252 Attack is for the best damage output. 4 Speed is to out-pace minumum Speed Blissey.

Synergy:

- Jirachi, Lanturn, Tyranitar

- Jirachi, Tyranitar

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Attack / 232 Special Attack / 24 Speed
Nature: Brave
Ability: Sand Stream
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Description: Tyranitar is pretty much the glue of this team. It sets up Sandstorm for Gliscor, so it always comes in atleast once before he does. I used to have a Choice Band Tyranitar here, but it didn't work really well. This MixTar is so much better on this team. Stone Edge / Crunch are just for general hard-hitting STABs, and Fire Blast / Ice Beam are for wall-breaking. The surprise factor makes this set. If I can manage to kill one Pokemon, they always think that I'm choiced, so they switch in another, only to get OHKO'd, or seriously hurt, by a different attack. It almost always nets me atleast one kill. It also works insanely well with paralysis support.

EVs / Nature / Ability: Pretty simple. Max Attack for the most damage output on the physical side. 232 Special Attack was all I had left over after I put the 24 in Speed in order to out-speed Blissey. You might have noticed that I have a - Speed nature, but I invested EVs in Speed. This is because I don't want to minus one of Tyranitar's great defenses.

Synergy:

- Lanturn

- Jirachi, Togekiss

- Gliscor

- Togekiss, Gliscor

- Togekiss, Machamp, Gliscor

- Jirachi, Lanturn

Gliscor @ BrightPowder
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Special Defense
Ability: Sand Veil
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Description: Yes. The showstopper. This Gliscor is almost impossible to take down if I can manage to set-up on someone who's paralyzed and / or confused. I ALWAYS make sure that I get Sandstorm up before I send him in. The combination of Substitute, BrightPowder and Sand Veil is amazing. When a Pokemon is paralyzed and confused, they can only attack 37.5% of the time, right? Now imagine that with 30% evasion. Yeah, I know. You'll only be able to hit Gliscor 37.5% of the time, and if you do manage to get past that, a 100 accuracy move is reduced to 70 accuracy. Earthquake and Stone Edge round the set off with great OU coverage, only resisted by a handful. I've been able to pull so many wins out of my *** with this Gliscor that it's not even funny.

EVs / Nature / Ability: A standard 252 / 252 / 4 spread of my own. 252 HP for overall survivability and 252 Attack for max damage output. I was considering running a more bulky spread, but the fact that I barely get hit at all makes it a bit of a turn-off.

Synergy:

- Lanturn

- Jirachi, Lanturn

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Gliscor should have Leftovers, so you have five chances for your opponent to miss.

At a glance, you have a Dragon weakness.

Why doesn't Tyranitar have a Life Orb?

supermarth64

Smash Ace
SubCM Jirachi sets up on your special attackers, as none of them can break a Sub with their attacks. +1 Flash Cannon sweeps the rest of your team easily. Ttar is 2HKO, Machamp is 75% OHKOed after SR, Gliscor is OHKOed, and Jirachi sets up on the rest of your team with Sub. Unfortunately, it has few counters. You could add in a Resttalk Swampert over Machamp, though the confusion loss might be unappealing. Celebi could be added as it can Thunder Wave and U-turn out, as well as support the rest of your team.

Jolly Lucario with Ice Punch also sweeps this team if it manages to get a SD off (most likely predicted Rest on Machamp and 1/3 change of selecting DynamicPunch or scaring away your Ttar). To remedy this, make your Gliscor 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Speed with a Jolly nature.

Ugg

Smash Champion
Gliscor should have Leftovers, so you have five chances for your opponent to miss.

At a glance, you have a Dragon weakness.

Why doesn't Tyranitar have a Life Orb?
I was considering Leftovers for a while, but then I went against it because.. well, it's a hax team.

What determines NOT having a Dragon weakness? Having 3 or more Steel types? No thanks.

I've explained this in the set. For the surprise factor. It nets me so many more KOs than a 10% bonus on SE hits or 30% bonus on non-SE hits ever would.

SubCM Jirachi sets up on your special attackers, as none of them can break a Sub with their attacks. +1 Flash Cannon sweeps the rest of your team easily. Ttar is 2HKO, Machamp is 75% OHKOed after SR, Gliscor is OHKOed, and Jirachi sets up on the rest of your team with Sub. Unfortunately, it has few counters. You could add in a Resttalk Swampert over Machamp, though the confusion loss might be unappealing. Celebi could be added as it can Thunder Wave and U-turn out, as well as support the rest of your team.

Jolly Lucario with Ice Punch also sweeps this team if it manages to get a SD off (most likely predicted Rest on Machamp and 1/3 change of selecting DynamicPunch or scaring away your Ttar). To remedy this, make your Gliscor 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Speed with a Jolly nature.
I didn't know about the SubCM Jirachi weakness. Good thing they're rare, haha. I'll probably replace Lanturn or Togekiss with Celebi.

Sure, if it manages to get an SD off, but that really rarely happens, to be honest. I know it doesn't sound right, but stat-uppers have never been a problem.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I was considering Leftovers for a while, but then I went against it because.. well, it's a hax team.

What determines NOT having a Dragon weakness? Having 3 or more Steel types? No thanks.

I've explained this in the set. For the surprise factor. It nets me so many more KOs than a 10% bonus on SE hits or 30% bonus on non-SE hits ever would.
Leftovers gives you just as much hax. In fact, it gives you more.

Having more than one Ice attack helps.

Surprise factor only works once.

EDIT: Personal complaint, I don't like sweepers with a x4 weakness, but I suppose you can't do much aside from switching to Cacturne.

Ugg

Smash Champion
Leftovers gives you just as much hax. In fact, it gives you more.

Having more than one Ice attack helps.

Surprise factor only works once.

EDIT: Personal complaint, I don't like sweepers with a x4 weakness, but I suppose you can't do much aside from switching to Cacturne.
Yeah, assuming I've got a sub up. But if I'm in a situation where I can't get one up, then I have to rely on them missing.

It sure does, but having 3 sources of Paralysis and 2 sources of confusion helps, also.

One free KO is plenty for me.

EDIT to your complaint: So you don't like the 4 most used Pokemon? Scizor, Salamence, Gyarados and Heatran?..

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So you don't like the 4 most used Pokemon? Scizor, Salamence, Gyarados and Heatran?..
Heh, of all of those, I've only used Scizor, though that was quite a while ago, considering I don't play OU anymore.

Top Bottom