• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having Yoshi Problems

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
OK, i luv yoshi for 1, 2 he probably has the most techniques ive seen of any other character ive ver played....

I need help, Wut is this Dragonic Reverse, wut is teh point(missed out on melee), and ive watched bigman's vid tut but i dont understand, i dont see the twitch in teh right foot and how does he like stop jumping for no reason?

could someone really give me an in depth explanation of all the Dragonic reverse and everything to do with it, and answer my questions?

Chaco

Never Logs In
OK, i luv yoshi for 1, 2 he probably has the most techniques ive seen of any other character ive ver played....

I need help, Wut is this Dragonic Reverse, wut is teh point(missed out on melee), and ive watched bigman's vid tut but i dont understand, i dont see the twitch in teh right foot and how does he like stop jumping for no reason?

could someone really give me an in depth explanation of all the Dragonic reverse and everything to do with it, and answer my questions?
First of please use correct grammar, not meaning to criticize but I was so distracted by your spelling I had to reread to remember your questions.

Two, the draconic reverse is basically a double jump cancel to attack. Performed quickly, the point is that it can be used in many different ways. (Ftr, I do not believe it should be called reverse, since it is easier performed forward.) But the uses are approaching, using it in a retreating manner to keep people off of you. (Best used in this range order; far use ETS, mid range use Pivot grab, close use DR) Also it can be used for some trippy mindgames. Such as using the Draconic Trot, which is a continuos DR, minus the end attack. Scat's tutorial is pretty straightforward. Watch it a few times and read the info, not just watch. The twitch in the foot is purely from the jump cancelling, ignore this factor. And why he stops jumping is because this is a DJC technique.

And are you using tap, or no tap?

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
And are you using tap said:
I use tap, but I'm willing to change if I have to. Im sorry about the grammar, I will do better, I dont mind criticsism. I enjoy it in fact but not when it is to be mean or condescending.
(Please excuse criticsism and condescending, I'm not sure if they are spelt like that).

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, tap is the easiest way imho. What you want to do, is set L to jump, and keep tap on. Then go to training mode, and start trying to get your speed of your fingers on these buttons. L+Tap+Cstick. Hit these all down at the same time. They will not all activate at the same time. That's the good thing about tap, it inputs before L since it's easiest. Then L and the Cstick will cause the DJC. This will get you your cancel. Once you get this mastered. Just add another attack immeadietely after after the cancel. Smash, Tilt, or whatever floats your boat.

Also Double Jump Cancelled Egg Lay is alot easier and can be done easiest with pressing Y two times really quickly, then hitting B right after.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Could you put that in Gamecube controller format?

I can't hit Cstick at the same time as the others ,Y is to far away from them.

I will look the Egg lay up, and ask questions about that one too if necessary.

Thanks.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That's why you don't use Y in my way. You use Tap+L+Cstick.

And that was GC. XD

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
if ur just starting to use yoshi, u shouldnt try learning dr yet, try learning egg toss slide, edge canceld eggs, or just bair combos.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
if ur just starting to use yoshi, u shouldnt try learning dr yet, try learning egg toss slide, edge canceld eggs, or just bair combos.

Im not exactly new to yoshi or a familiar user. Im in the middle. I do have a knack for yoshi,(like all spontaneous, funny characters), but i will look into all.

Im really tryin to learn some yoshi techs because he is my second and he is one of my more used ones, and my friends that i play with hate it when i use yoshi. They think he is a joke which makes it even funnier when i crap them off the side of the map as an egg after a humiliateing chaingrab of chewing. Now that i think about it, thats kind of nasty. Chewed the same person up for the last 100 damage or so, then you eat them and crap'em off the edge.

Thanks for your suggestion though, Your yoshi picture looks cool.

Chaco

Never Logs In
ECE and ETS are fairly simple, ETS is easier with tap on, but ECE is harder with tap on. So you gotta choose. Tap on or off. I actually use Tap off now. After being the tap DR'r.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Ill keep it on unless there is some other reason that button jump will give me enhanced gameplay other than a few techs

Airborne

Smash Lord
well with tap jump on, you're bound to waste your second jump at the completely wrong time, giving you an impossible time to get back to the edge 75% of the time... once i started using X as jump and i turned off tap, i was able to use utilt and uair like the were my life line.... =P

Top Bottom