• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble Boost Smashing

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
I’m having trouble boost smashing. Can anyone help me get the timing down? I can mortar slide with Snake, if it helps any.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah, there is no difference in Boost Smashing with Snake, Falco, Jiggs, etc. They should all be, as ixdnL put it, exactly the same.

-Ter

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
^^^
That.

In fact, now I have a harder time doing it with Snake.

Anyway, the main problem people have with boost smashing or boost pivot grabbing with characters other than Snake, is just not pressing the buttons quickly enough...

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Use this combo. It works alot better for me:

Run (hold left or right), with your thumb hit down on the C-stick, then at the same time but barely after, slide the control stick from the 3 O'clock to 12 O'clock position while with your right index finger hit Z.

Just practice it more then anything. The timing of it will come naturally after you get the hang of it.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Use this combo. It works alot better for me:

Run (hold left or right), with your thumb hit down on the C-stick, then at the same time but barely after, slide the control stick from the 3 O'clock to 12 O'clock position while with your right index finger hit Z.

Just practice it more then anything. The timing of it will come naturally after you get the hang of it.
... What did you think he was doing before?

wangston

Smash Lord
I've changed my L to attack. I find that Z isn't the reliable and I end up doing a grab half the time. With L set to attack I pull of the it boost about 90% of the time. The only way I mess up is I smash up and I jump before I hit down on the Cstick, so I do a sh d-air instead of the boost smash.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
It's basically a Mortar Slide that takes extreme precision. I can Mortar Slide almost every time, but Boost Smashing is like, insane hard.

The timing for me is keep the control stick in the direction your dashing till you hit the cstick. Once you do that move to do up on the control stick and hit the button you use to do the attack.

Top Bottom