• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble against ROB.......

i1337

Smash Ace
I really cant do well against ROB. My main problem is racking up damage. i usually approach with SH bairs, grounded up b, and ftilt, but his laser (aimed up when i bair) and gyro, mainly gyro, are what i usually have trouble with. i also cant really gimp/spike him due to his recovery :urg:

Any tips on beating ROB?

ook

Smash Lord
I usually approach with tilts, down-b, or up-b. That way you can stay on the ground and shield the gyro/laser.
Try dtilt if you're close enough. It's faster and it can trip them.

Plus, ROBs tend to spotdodge a lot, so down/up-b ***** that.

For edgeguarding, try just bair chasing them off the ledge really far. DK's horizontal recovery is good, so you can go way far out there and get some quick kills. It especially works on ROBs that charge the gyro as they're falling, cause they don't expect you to jump out that far.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
always stay within f tilt range. this is a must if you want to beat ROB. never go beyond that range or closer on purpose. super tight spacing will **** rob.

I will be money matching overswarm at the next circuit event so I'll record and upload those as a guide

i1337

Smash Ace
always stay within f tilt range. this is a must if you want to beat ROB. never go beyond that range or closer on purpose. super tight spacing will **** rob.

I will be money matching overswarm at the next circuit event so I'll record and upload those as a guide
wow thanks :)

and thanks ook, the part about bair edgeguarding actually helps a lot, lol.

Top Bottom