• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having touble Dashing after l-cancel immediately

Skycry

Smash Rookie
I took this advice from ken when you short hop fair and opponent and dash behind them you can't get punished or shield grab
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFCQIAnYUMM at 24:33

but after I l cancel and input the dash immediately I just start walking but when I l cancel with my less dominant hand I have like a 80% of consistency to none

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I think that you are trying to dash too early. If you input dash before you hit the ground (or while still in landing lag? Not sure on this part), it will come out as a normal input (Walk) Instead of a smash input (Run). If you delay the input you will be much more successful. Dashing on the first possible frame is nice, but you should work up to that point instead of trying to start there.

Skycry

Smash Rookie
I input the dash the time when marth stands up but maybe it could be like a fraction of a second to early

Zodiac

Smash Master
I suggest letting the stick go back to neutral before dash dancing, that did wonders for me, eventually you become able to do it without letting the stick flop back to neutral.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I suggest letting the stick go back to neutral before dash dancing, that did wonders for me, eventually you become able to do it without letting the stick flop back to neutral.
Can confirm, thats what I do for PP dancing (Short hop laser -> Dashdance).

Top Bottom