• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having Some Trouble With Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
So I have a friend who mains Zelda, and I've been having a bit of trouble with this character in particular. Her tilts outrange me, and Phantom really messes up my fireball approaches. It also doesn't help that the Farore's Wind combo kills so incredibly early(~80). Any tips for playing against this character?

Filosafer

Smash Apprentice
P.S. I should prelude this by saying that I haven't actually played a Zelda. Mostly theory, so take it with a grain of salt.

It's a tough battle in all aspects. Nayru's Love is safe on use most of the time, especially when your fireball is helping it. A lot of Zelda's attacks out range Luigi, which is especially harsh because that's a big con to him. I see this as a fight where it's necessary for Luigi to bait, as Zelda does have some extra lag on a bit of her attacks. Fade outs, dropping downBs, and SHFF Nair are all useful when approaching. Play defensively, with plenty of mind games. Empty hops, running past her (is there a term for that?), and just general mindgames are needed. It's definitely a fight tilted towards Zelda in theory, but she is punishable on a lot of attacks, so try to take advantage of that.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Bait those phantoms out with the fireballs, when she's throwing it out you get an easy jump in. Same with a lot of her other moves she has a lot of recovery, just watch what she does an time a good down-b to get in. As mentioned above as well when you're in her grill nair will come out first and give her a problem. The up-b combo and kill you at early percents but again she has to land it and that's a huge risk to her, if you can bait it out you can score a free punish. Make her scared to press buttons full screen and you overcome one of our biggest weaknesses.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Zelda's always been a pain for Luigi. Oh, also shield her up B, I wouldn't try much else when she uses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom