• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having some trouble with Mario

JUDGE

Smash Lord
^yeah that's right
or you can try to stage spike him with a bair
and congratulation with your ike problem^^

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
i actually got marth in a U-air combo into a jab lock combo. That had to be one ofthe most epic things i have done. I want to do a double F-air ever since i seen firemario do it. it was so epic that i put the video under my favorites. Mario FTW

MrLopez

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! It's been a while! Haven't played this game for a few weeks.. I'm still using mario, but it's so freakin hard to gimp.. -_- Every attempt fails.. It's very annoying..

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hmmm....hard to gimp chars with mario??
mario has great edgeguard moves^^ make use of them

but it could get difficult if you wanna gimp a snake or mk....

MrLopez

Smash Cadet
I don't know.. I just can't pull it off.. Not the Nair, not the spike, not the Fireballs, not the FLUDD and not the Cape.. I can never do it :(

UberMario

Smash Master
Uair > Nair. I almost never use Nair because it leaves you somewhat open to attacks.

Which spike? The UpB spike or the Fair spike?

What trouble do you have with fireballs? How do you use them?

If it's against projectiles, pretend to be AFTC to bait them into unleashing it, if you mean gimping recoveries, just use it twice to make sure it connects with them. If it's to cape stall just time it so that you use UpB right when the edgeguarder's invincibility wears off. If you mean cape glide, use cape as you're JUST about to leave the stage.

Ghostpowder

Smash Rookie
You can try to do a jumping Nair OOS or a Nair to gimp people like marth. Using fireballs in the air is better than using them while grounded if that's your fireball question.

Use the fludd for FIHL on characters with high priority attacks giving you an opportunity for a hit. Don't worry too much about the Fair spike because it's hard to pull off (well at least for me) and try to get some Bair stage spikes when people are on the ledge.

MrLopez

Smash Cadet
Well none of them work lol I also tried doing Uair but that almost never hits.. Maybe Mario just isn't my character..

UberMario

Smash Master
Try to unleash the Uair when they're here:

0 . .
. . .1

Foe = 0
Mario = 1

If you time it, it's an awesome "suprise" kill-move.

If you have wi-fi, I could give you some pointers later in-game. :)

JUDGE

Smash Lord
Well none of them work lol I also tried doing Uair but that almost never hits.. Maybe Mario just isn't my character..
no don't give up mario!
the world needs more mario mainers

what about making a short vid what problems you have with mario so that we can help you better

MrLopez

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! Haven't played for a while.. Was playing some other games lately, but I can't make a video because I don't have a camera.. But I think I'm gonna play again pretty soon.. So I'll let you guys now how I'm doing :)

MrLopez

Smash Cadet
Bye guys.. I'm gonna stop playing this game, it's getting on my nerves.. It's been over a year since it's release. It's time to play some other games... Thanks for all the help, you've been great :)

JUDGE

Smash Lord
and there is another mario mainer who gives up...:(
it's time to close the thread skyler^^

Top Bottom