• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having fun with Melee.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I don't know about you guys, but I tend to get stressed out whenever I get too serious with melee. Often I find that with playing my main too much, I get stressed, and my game gets bad. Melee becomes a lot less fun at that point.

What do you like to do when you get frustrated/bored with serious Melee?
What characters do you get the most fun out of, as opposed to boring gimps/spacing/repetition?
How do you get the most fun out of this wonderful game?
serious melee = fun melee imo; an intense match is when I truly feel the best. I lust for challenges, and nothing feels as good as landing combos and techniques that I've practiced so hard to learn.

If I get tired of my main, I pull out my secondary, then after that I go down the list.

I haven't actually played super casual games with items in a really long time. I might do that some time. Just for old time's sake.

Smash Rookie
For fun Melee I play serious Melee. Seriously, items irritate me to no end most of the time. If I'm playing with 2 or more friends, then maybe items on Medium, but by myself, like I am 99% of the time, items are BANNED.

I play many different characters so I don't get bored, but my favorite "fun" characters are Ganon, Link, YL and Doc.

Although to me nothing can beat Marth vs. Roy on a Neutral stage.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I never really get mad after losing a serious match. My friend, on the other hand, immediately starts another match the moment he loses to me, and continues silently until he wins. If he fails to beat me after about a dozen attempts, he buts the controller down and claims to like Brawl more.
Whenever he gets on a winning streak at Brawl, he says he feels like playing Melee. I don't know what he does after a winning streak in Melee, because I always win =P. If he's on a winning streak at Brawl, I can just switch to my main. The end.

To reduce stress, start a FFA, pick a fast character, and just whiz by everyone with a hit and run NAir or FAir, never stopping for follow ups or anything else. I have a little bro who, despite disliking Smash, particularly Melee, plays every once in while in FFAs, and is fairly good. He makes things funny as mess. He taught me the comical art of "Pick Jiggs. Spam rest. Ensue laughter."

IYM!

Smash Lord
i love play competitive melee.

but, when i am without my friends, or boring to play always in the same way, i go to the items menu, activate Super Mushroom, Metal box, buny hud and the party ball, set it in very hight. After i go to special melee, giant mode, i chose Ganondorf vs bowser vs DK, vs Cfalcon (the strongest ones) and i play a Gods match, is so fun

another thing than i do is play with pokeballs and party balls only, in very high.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
i love play competitive melee.

but, when i am without my friends, or boring to play always in the same way, i go to the items menu, activate Super Mushroom, Metal box, buny hud and the party ball, set it in very hight. After i go to special melee, giant mode, i chose Ganondorf vs bowser vs DK, vs Cfalcon (the strongest ones) and i play a Gods match, is so fun

another thing than i do is play with pokeballs and party balls only, in very high.
Do you go to Fourside as well, so that you have a Godzilla/King Kong/God match? :)

Top Bottom