• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have You Pre-ordered Your Brawl Today?

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I pre-ordered Brawl not too long ago. I'm guaranteed the game within the first 48 hours. They'll give me a call when they have one in stock for me :).

Edit: 499th post! Almost half-a-thousand!!!

TheRooster

Smash Cadet
Should be going to a midnight release party...

But I havent pre-ordered it though. mainly going for the free food and party.
I don't live in a very big town so I doubt there will be a shortage.

And I assume theyve been using this extra month to press copies of brawl for 12 hours a day 6 days a week.

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
I didn't pre-order; I'll just walk in and get a copy ;)
There WON'T be any camping in front of stores; it's not going to be a big launch like the Wii and 360 and Halo 3 launches

I feel safe now, because everyone at my town goes to GameStop and they pre-order; I'm going to Wal-Mart at 11pm-Midnight on March 8 and grabbing a copy. There shouldn't be any problems. Pre-ordering isn't always the answer, you know...

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
Should be going to a midnight release party...

But I havent pre-ordered it though. mainly going for the free food and party.
I don't live in a very big town so I doubt there will be a shortage.

And I assume theyve been using this extra month to press copies of brawl for 12 hours a day 6 days a week.
Same; I live in a town with less than 100,000 people; not everyone owns a wii.

about 1/20 people in my town do.

about 0.5/20 of those people want brawl

I feel safe with no pre-order ;)

and yes, since the games already done, i believe that they're just mass producing it, so there shouldn't be ANY shortages, unless it's like California or New York; I'd understand that!

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
i pre ordered mine about three weeks before the feb release date at gamestop . cant wait for this game im gonna also check out k mart or sumthin a day or two early cuz my friend told me that they have made mistakes before and put games out a day or two before its actually releaase date.

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
I've never pre-ordered anything so it just doesn't feel right doing it.I don't know if it's reliable.
It's not; I'd rather get a game by just walking in instead of pre-ordering it.

because they usually give the walk-ins their games first, then they see if they have any more left. if the staff wants a copy, they'll hold one back for themselves (not fair). then, if they have any more, they'll call the pre-orderer's from first to last, either telling them that they have enough copies, or that they don't.

but, like i said, it shouldn't be any big deal; they're mass producing it (or they should be)!

TheZeroOne

Smash Apprentice
It's not; I'd rather get a game by just walking in instead of pre-ordering it.

because they usually give the walk-ins their games first, then they see if they have any more left. if the staff wants a copy, they'll hold one back for themselves (not fair). then, if they have any more, they'll call the pre-orderer's from first to last, either telling them that they have enough copies, or that they don't.

but, like i said, it shouldn't be any big deal; they're mass producing it (or they should be)!
My gamestop doesn't give walk-ins first... They had pre-orders of Super Mario Galaxy. But they wouldn't sell it to me. I still got it though, on Christmas.

Anyways, my plans are if they have a midnight release. I could just walk on over to gamestop and get it at midnight and play it through the night. Or if they don't. I wake up early and go pick it up on Sunday.

I pre-ordered 2 months before the December release.

Desu.

Smash Cadet
My Gamestop is supposed to honor a midnight release; however, knowing my mother and family, I probably will not be able to obtain the game until early in the morning. The night before, I'll probably dress for outing so I won't have to do so in the morning.

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
I just called my gamestop today trying to pre-order and they told me I already reserved my copy on 08-01-07, im the 4th person on the list. The only reason Im saying this is because I dont ever remeber doing this... <_<'

Desu.

Smash Cadet
I just called my gamestop today trying to pre-order and they told me I already reserved my copy on 08-01-07, im the 4th person on the list. The only reason Im saying this is because I dont ever remeber doing this... <_<'
They actually tell you which number on the list you are? Does that mean if I were the say , 300th person on the list, and I arrive earlier than say 100 people, will I not receive my pre-order copy until those individuals come forth?

ConeZone

Smash Ace
pre-ordered it and paid for it in full. I plan on picking it up at midnight from my local gamestop because i am guaranteed a copy. that is it. and no, it doesn't matter when you preordered it, just as long as you preordered it

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I just went and reserved it today. My local Gamestop is having a midnight release and is hosting a tournament starting around 10pm. They also get the demo in about a week, so I shall be playing Brawl soon, practicing up for the tournament!

illphil

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I'm gonna preorder mine. I plan on getting it at a Best Buy and my friend's sister who works there says that when Halo 3 came out they had more than enough copies. I'm going to get it the second the store opens whether its midnight or normal hours.

Anyone know if best buy is having a midnight release? It seems unlikely since it's not like a new console release. It's also not as hyped as halo

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
I've ordered it from Amazon to be delivered on the English release date, but if there is a local midnight opening, I'll be going to the nearest town to get my copy. But I doubt that'll happen in the UK since camping out for games or midnight releases is a very rare thing indeed. Smash definitely isn't popular enough to warrant that.

seanovan

Smash Rookie
I pre-ordered mine the day after Christmas expecting a February 10th release date. I ended up paying it in full, because I might not be there to pick it up.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I haven't pre-ordered Brawl yet! :mad: I haven't had the time nor the effort to go to Square One....

Also, I don't think my Wal-Mart allows people to pre-order. I'll probably have to pre-order from stupid EB games... >_>

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I preordered it so that when I pick it up I don't waste time counting how much money im giving the cashier. JK lol.

I pre-ordered from gaymestop

Batchfile

Smash Apprentice
So many replies xD

They say my copy will arrive 21-3:5? (Lol?)

I'm expecting it to probably be around a week after release for my copy to arrive.

Anyone know if Circuit City is good with these things?

Sorry for double post, stupid node error.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I most certainly have pre-ordered while I was near gamestop a month ago. They told me once the door opens on March 9th, you can pick it up.

Sir James

The Doctor
I had my copy preordered since the first day my local GameStop started taking reserves on it. I think the store is doing a midnight launch as well. It's the only game I'd ever pick up during a midnight release.

Top Bottom