• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have the delays killed the hype?

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai has put his heart and soul into making us a game that will truly last a very long time and continue to entertain gamers for years to come.

Unfortuately, in order to try and make a game as good as he possibly could, a couple of delays were needed.

Now, I personally didn't really care about having to wait a couple of more months, and was still extremely excited for the game no matter what.

However, for some reason, I have recently lost my enthusiasm towards the game. This is probably due to the delays and also the fact that we everything that's in the game and have nothing new to learn about it.

I'm still going to buy the game and will probably enjoy it just as much as if it came out months ago. But for the time being, I feel that the hype has been killed and I don't really care that much about it anymore.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else is feeling any less interested in Brawl (due to delays or other reasons) than they were a couple of months ago, or if I'm the only one.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I'm going to like the game just as much as whether I waited or not, but some of the hype is gone. Just too much waiting, too much youtube browsing.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Slightly. There was enough to lose a bit to delays, in my opinion. Even though I am less hyped for the game than I was in say... October, I am still looking forward to the games release more than anything right now.

Gillenium

Smash Rookie
Yeah, hype can't sustain forever. Brawl should've never been delayed the extra month. That's what did it in. That's why so many complainers are opening topics and mouthing off.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
They enhanced it for me. I didn't really start getting exciting about this game until October or so, and looking back, I'm more excited for Brawl now than I ever have been.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The fact that the release date for Europe remains unknown has killed alot of the hype I had.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
The delays did lessen my hype, but the final nail in the coffin was finding out about all the unlockables. I was all excited about what he had released, and was really anticipating to see what was in store for actually going through and playing the game... and then I find out the majority of stuff is already there at the beginning, and the majority of stuff you unlock are vets that I didn't really even care about. I'll still love the initial game, but I won't be very excited when unlocking everything.

Garuda

Smash Ace
The delays did for me slightly, the unlockables a lot more, but I'm still very hyped about this game. The story, the looks; they never beat the actual gameplay. I just want to experience all this for myself.

TheSpoon

Smash Rookie
As been stated before, I don't think it was the delay's that killed the hype, moreso it was that you know pretty much everything about the game (unlockables, SSE, ect.) before you ever got to touch the game.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
They certainly didn't help it, that's for sure. Personally, the final roster kind of killed the hype for me. "Oh, that's the character lineup? Meh. Yeah, I guess I can wait another month or so."

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Depends on the person some got more hype while others got their hype killed....

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
For me i tried to not think about it and i was always excited but the last week has been deadly for me

I'M freaking OUT! Cause i know it's coming this time and i know there is no more delays the golden moment of getting the game and to start practicing and playing through it are finally almost here so i am now more then ever hyped to get and play this game!

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
For me i tried to not think about it and i was always excited but the last week has been deadly for me

I'M freaking OUT! Cause i know it's coming this time and i know there is no more delays the golden moment of getting the game and to start practicing and playing through it are finally almost here so i am now more then ever hyped to get and play this game!
yeah man I feel your excitement. I'm so happy that the game's almost here!!:chuckle:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Originally I thought the delays would kill my hype, but it didn't. Even with the roster reveal, my hype grew even stronger. After looking the japanese sales, I guess the delays didn't kill the japanese hype too.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Originally I thought the delays would kill my hype, but it didn't. Even with the roster reveal, my hype grew even stronger. After looking the japanese sales, I guess the delays didn't kill the japanese hype too.
The Japanese had a shorter time to wait, and the game will still fly off the shelf. and how did that roster reveal add to your hype?, unless you just liked someone from Melee that you didn't want to get cut, since most of them are vets.

fuuzball317

Smash Apprentice
Delays definitely added to the hype, just added to the anticipation and now we are all dying to get it and can not wait another day. I don't think that is a buzz kill at all. However I would rather actually have the game rather than get it later and more hyped

Mr. Wolf

Smash Rookie
Nah. Although I felt disappointed for a couple days after the delays were mentioned, they ended up increasing my hype for the game.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I hated the roster, but I loved the newcomers. No ridley, krystal or geno. But still I got over it pretty quick. So no real damage done.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I can't imagine how popular smash is in japan. I went to japan lase dec and Wii Fit ads were everywhere. Shops, buses, trains and even toilets. Wii Fits were shown in trains every 5 mins. Video games shops had a whole level dedictated to nintendo while xbox and ps3 had to squeeze into one level. BTW I got brawl stickers from a magazine.

Mule50

Smash Cadet
For me the most hype killing thing isn't the delay but the glut of videos and information that we have from the Japanese release. I have watched so many videos that the game doesn't seem "new" anymore. Nevertheless, I have no doubt that once I play the game all my anticipation will come back immediately.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
For you, maybe. For me, no way. For the rest of the world, it enhanced the hype greatly. Commercials, ads on internet, magazines, and other places, tournaments at almost every gaming shop there is, the Dojo, and so much more. The delay may have sucked, but d@mn it did its job.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
When i get brawl, it will not be a warm fuzzy feeling of me being glad and excited with bursts of energy on the inside that my fandom and paitence paid off.

Its going to be a relieved tainted happy feeling with a heavy dead sensation in my chest.

Top Bottom