• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hate to be a bother but I have 2 questions

LanceStern

Smash Lord
that were not able to be answered in the Q & A topic. So I thought I would post it here so maybe people wouldn't be turned off by the sea of questions.

Question 1: Can the Uair string be buffered out of a float dair -> turnip smash up throw?

I posted this video a while back to see what people thought, and I realized that I have been pulling this off legitimately in friendlies.

People say dair can be sdi'd, true. But now I don't even do the dair twice. I hit them with some move to put them at > 10% but less than 20% and then do one dair. Smash throw the turnip up and go right to the uair string.

What I'm wondering is if I buffer the uair after the turnip throw, is there anything the opponent can do to escape? I think it's a frame trap. Particularly bigger and slower characters (D3, DK, Snake)

Question 2: Can the Uair string be buffered out of the dthrow chaing grab?

Might be easier to answer, but on the heavier characters with aerials that take longer than 5 or so frame to come out, I've been uair stringing them out of the chain grab. Particularly bigger and slower characters (D3, DK, Snake)

Any help, answers, FRAME DATA would be great

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
idk if it's a frame trap, that'll be cool but anyway there's no possible way to buffer the uair.

you can use buffering to help you but what you're buffering is the original jump when you first land and then during that start-up if you're holding down quickly enough then you're buffering the float afterwards but this is why buffering uair won't happen. the float starts up on like frame 1 w/ no ending lag so the uair will just come out as soon as you press it.

that's the dumb technical answer but ofc buffering the jump and the float will make it faster.

as for all the frame data ask hotgarbage or sumtin.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
;p you're not a bother, I like your threads.

Your question arent very simple to answer however, mostly because they arent common situations at all. As for your first question, I think that the turnip gives you enough frames of advantage and doesnt hit too far to start an Uair, so yes (albeit being quite situational and the timing will most likely be very strict).

Question 2... I have no idea, but no, I dont think so, because the Dthrow angle is too low.

:052:

Top Bottom