• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has this been noticed yet?

demondude

Smash Apprentice
When playing against fox as wolf if you use wolfs final smash he goes. "Can't let you do that star fox"
Has this been noticed yet?

EDIT: Needs to be 1vs1

waks

Smash Journeyman
Lol, its actually great that they thought of doing that.

Anybody tried it when Wolf is battling Falco?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I bet he says the same thing.

There should be an official easter eggs thread. You know, with all the videos of all the secret taunts, and sayings like this, and wheN Wolf beats Fox he says, "Playtime's over, Star Fox"

All that stuff.

elliottbez

Smash Rookie
Um I just tried this and it didn't work... Does it only work on online or something? I do get the "Play times over, Star Fox" ending but that's only sometimes.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I have a sneaking suspicion that Starfox may be one of Sakurai's favourite series.

He seems to like putting little easter eggs for Starfox characters, what with this, and the secret taunts in Melee, and the 'Smash' taunts in Brawl.

demondude

Smash Apprentice
I guess its because the star fox characters are the only ones that talk often. xD
Though someone told me lucario and pokemon trainer do something similar but I don't believe that one.

Jon2Anderson

Smash Rookie
when you're fighting online, make one of your taunts "that's what she said" and then say it whenever Wolf says "we're gonna have some fun with this". Gets 'em everytime ;)

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
The one I am thinking of fake is the one who said Wolf vs. Falco where Wolf says "Nice try Falco."

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
Either it is random,or it's a fake, because I tried it 1v1, both in Training and Brawl modes, and nothing. You can get the "Playtime's over, Star Fox" if you hold in either B, X or Y right after it says "GAME!," just like in Melee. But this, nothing.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
The one I am still wondering is the "Nice try, Falco" from Wolf. Wolf doesn't care about Falco. Only Fox.

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
I'll test this in Training and Brawl modes and will record it with my gamebridge. Right now.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
The reason it doesn't do it sometimes is because there are three different winning poses. If you win with the wrong winning pose, he is obviously not going to do it.

The winning pose where he normally crosses his arms and growls... I think that's the one you have to see to hear the Easter Egg.

Again, we need an Official Easter Egg Thread.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
It's not even in the sound test :O Just so you all know. Sorry not going to waste more time less there is a vid :p

Kotep

Smash Cadet
I do think that Sakurai has a thing for Starfox. Wasn't he the one behind Kirby? I'm pretty sure remembering reading about him connected to those games. Any word on if there's anything like this for them?

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
To get "Playtime's over, Star Fox," you have to press and hold the B button as soon as you win with Wolf. Originally, this taunt has Wolf growling and then he says "Hmm," but if Fox was at least ONE of his opponents, 1v1 or Free For All, Wolf's dialogue will be replaced with the "Playtime's over, Star Fox" dialogue.

If you hold in Y after Wolf wins, he says "I'll be the one to...take you down."
If you hold in X after Wolf wins, he says "Weaklings, the bunch of you."

As for the "Can't let you do that Star Fox" Final Smash dialogue, it's not in the sound test, so it COULD be a secret and/or COULD be random, but I doubt it. I tested it on the Lylat Cruise and Corneria stages, with and without Wolf's and Fox's special taunts at different warps (Wolf has no special taunt in Corneria), and nothing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wolf says "We're gonna have fun with this thing," but the party is short lived if he doesn't get any KOs with his Landmaster.

Although I've never tested this out, doesn't Wolf say "Play time's over, Star Fox!" after beating either Fox or Falco?

Top Bottom