• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has Anyone Else Found Themselves Disliking the Movesets and Items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I remember Bowser's update. Here is a quote from it: "To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around"

I notice the slight part, but still, most Vets are unchanged. Let's look at Luigi. He has the same moveset from Melee only with Buffs. Sorry, those don't count. The Poltergust would have been a perfect option as a move for Luigi.

Falco, another potential character to have his own moveset. His A moves were altered, however, his specials were changed to a degree that's not acceptable. He throws his reflector now... He could have used a Gattling Gun, Smasrt Bomb Launcher, and Rifle.

Take Ness, at least he got some animation changes (grated though it should have been more).

I think Sakurai was low on imagination here. All you had to do is make a slightly different effect with a brand new animation for most characters. Most clones should have becombe radically different. No, Ganondorf is not radically different because he has Raptor Boost+Flying Slam.

And, most newcomers have some un-original moves:
Dedede: Inhale, Super Dedede Jump
Pit: Mirror Shield,
Metaknight: Tornado, Dimensional Cape (teleport from Mewtwo)
Squirtle: Water Gun=FLUDD 0.5, Withdraw=Yoshi's Egg
Ivysaur: Razor Leaf=non-returning Boomerang, Vine Whip=All tether recoveries and Sheiks chain
Charizard: Flamethrower, Fly=Fox Fire
Wario: Bike, Cork Screw=generic spin upwards
ROB: Laser, Top=Turnip, Booster=Cypher+Rocket Barrel Boost
Lucario: Extreme Speed=Teleport visible, Inner Focus=Counter, Aura Sphere=Shadow Ball

Those are just a few without mentioning clones. The Final Smashes are also really, really, really un-original:

Mario/Samus/Lucario/Pokemon Trainer=Same
Wario Man=Powered Up stats
Volt Tackle/Super Sonic/Octopus=Same
Light Arrowsx2/Critical Hit/Blue Falcon/Dark Beast Ganon=Same
Tri-Force Slash/Great Aether/Galaxia Darkness=Same
Super Dragon/Rocket Barrel Barrage=Similar enough
Palutena's Army/Waddle Dee Army=Similar Enough
ROB's FS=Super Spicy Curry
Bigglypuff=...

And the items. The Assist Trophies piss me off the most. Saki, Samurai Goroh, Knuckle Joe , Little Mac, Waluigi, and Gray Fox are the same. They may have some different effects, but they just move around and hurt you, that's all. Even the more original ATs are underwhelming (Jill, Kat and Anna, Hammer Bros).

I loved the ATs that were mentioned at WHOBBY. I liked Eevee, Onix, Regigas, Rosalina, Duster, Pegasus Knights, and Sothe. What happened to them?

Anyways, that's my tirade.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
*shrug* You've got what you've got, so there's no point in wishing for something else now.

And as for the missing ATs, since there was no proof of them ever existing, they probably weren't real.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
dedede's inhale isn't unoriginal, he uses it against kirby in the classic days of nintendo and sakurai, i think its hilarious dedede has that move...who can suck the most between the kirby and dedede?

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Quit whining, especially if you don't even own the game...
QFT

Tell the truth we need less people talking about there feelings and talking more about tactics...>_>;

Go to GameFAQS to do this stuff...please...

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
You're disappointed because the roster and character move sets are full of failure and wasted potential, join the club.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
You are really stretching some of those move similarities or whatever. ROBs upb is original.
BTW, have you ever seen Lucario's FS? It does not = mario, samus, and PT's final smash. Poketrainer does NOT = mario or samus's either.

S623

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. A lot of the moves are rehashes, but so what? What else would they do? If they could think of moves, I'm sure they would've used 'em.

I'll recall my opinion if you can think of moves to replace the current ones and explain them.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Many of the things you claim are similar are indeed not.

Besides, there are 35 characters, each with over 15 moves. Some moves are going to be similar, that's just how it is.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
I cannot believe you said Luigi is the same as in Melee. Either you haven't played Brawl, or you seriously seriously don't know what your talking about, I'm sorry.

Oh wait, I forgot that a character uniqueness is completely composed of their B moves and Final smashes.

How silly of me.

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
A majority of your similarities were either down right wrong, or ridiculous stretches. This thread phails badly.

ROFLs

Smash Cadet
Ok, so you didn't get your little gun added to Falco, so what? You try programming a game that millions of people are going to play and see how you like it. If he changed our vets then most of the vet gamers would be like "WTF I WANT MY FALCON PUNCHZ".

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Lol @ the world.

People will complain if the game is not different enough from Melee, and people will complain if the game is too different from Melee.

Lesson from this story: People will complain about anything.

The only reason any of us are even slightly disappointed with the game's roster or movesets or online or stage builder or SSE is because it was way overhyped.

Regardless, I'm just glad we HAVE a new smash game.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I give you the Final Smashes, but the special moves are VERY original because they are mostly from the games the characters come from.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
A) The similarities are either wrong (Charizard's Fly, R.O.B's moves), a stretch (Dimensional Cape, Vine Whip), or really obvious they were going to be in and not much else you could do ('zard's signature Flamethrower, Dedede's moves)
B) The AT's were lies. We have found no traces of them whatsoever within the data. That means they were never in the game.
C) You say originality can come from a different effect with a different animation, yet you call the Final Smashes unoriginal, same with the ATs.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Different flavor could mean that they play slightly differently, not that they actually have different moves.

Anyways, I don't follow your thinking as if a move has new effects and animations it's a new move in my book.

I'm actually pretty satisfied with it. As each new character provides a different experience, even clones.

(Doesn't matter if they share simular moves with other characters)

errtu

Smash Apprentice
ur similarities r fu****g wrong. wario man rocks. stupid a** thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom