• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
The movies just left waay to much out to the point if you hadn't read the books you could barely comprehend it.
My bro was constantly asking me who was who? didn't he die? "Explain to me what's a _____ is again." etc.

If I had to choose a Harry Movie it would be, the first or second movie.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Third or fifth movie. I haven't seen the sixth movie yet.

I found they were most true to their original stories. Plus, the third one had time travel. And time travel is always awesome.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The books went downhill for me after the fourth, but I enjoyed reading them for the most part. I was really disappointed with the ending though and find it ironic the worst book (which isn't even the longest) gets two movies. The movies are about as good as they can be; they feel rushed but the essential stuff is in there.

sammy p

Smash Lord
really? i thought the books got MUCH better 4-7.
the movies are really accurate for me. my cousin who watched all the movies understnds everything thats going on(except for a FEW things) i dont seem to need to explain anything to her...
this series is amazing books AND movies

GENRL MILLS

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah the books get a lot better I think from 3 to 7... As far as the movies I guess they do as much justice a two and a half hour movie can fit in. I hate when they add dumb scenes and the endings are always a little awkward.

Just off topic: I just got an Iphone and ive downloaded several "Mugglecast" podcasts! They are really good. Have any of yall listened to them???

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I love Mugglecast! :D

Though I haven't listened to them in quite awhile.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I am a VERY BIG fan of the Harry Potter books. Hell if there was a petition for a new Harry Potter book id be the first one on that list. Now the video games i really dont know if they are good. Ive only played one video game and it was a gameboy advance version of the philosipher's stone. I was obsessed with the game. That was years ago. Now that i picked it up again it was quite boring. But i do remember the secret ending to it. When you are at the hospital they show you a Harry Potter chocolate frog card.
you have to not die once in the game to get the chocolate frog card
Now I really really hate the movies. I am more of a book purist. That means that I hate every movie that is not accurate to the book. For example in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in the book there was a chapter on Nearly Headless Nick's deathday party. Not happening in the movie. Another example is on the first chapter of the half blood prince it is said that there was an accident on a bridge by death eaters and they actually showed it in the movie. The second chapter of the half blood prince happened later in the movie. The first chapter is actually omited from the movie. they took out the last chapter of the book in the movie. in the top of the tower ginny, ron, hermione.... yeah i forget i havent read the book in some time well anyways they are omitted from the scene. i could list MANY more but ima tired its early in the morning

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yeah, the movies aren't the same as the books. There are things that work in books, but not in movies, and vice versa. Also, the 4th-7th books would be 4-5 hours long if they were faithful to the books. And while I wouldn't be complaining, that would just be silly. The movies aren't supposed to use the books as direct scripts. They take the books as inspiration and tell the story their way. Take the scene in the 6th movie with the bridge. First off, totally awesome. Secondly, in the books, we hear about it through conversations and news, which makes sense since we're reading the book. In the movie, we see it. It fits well, and adds suspense to the movie.

Another example of them making things better for the film's way of doing things: having Moody/Crouch Jr. be out of Polyjuice Potion as he talks to Harry. I thought that was a brilliant way of getting the tension back up after the relative lowering with Harry's return. In the book, it might have made the scene more confusing to read about, but it can be more easily incorporated visually.

The worst two omissions in the entire movie series so far: the Quidditch World Cup and the battle in Hogwarts at the end of 6. The game was like, here it comes, here it comes, the game starts... it's over and we're in the tent. Ouch. That hurt me. And that battle was one of my favorites. At least the one in 7 will be like half of the second movie's length, which will be epic. Possibly my favorite extended scene right there. So darn great.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I thought one of the worst omissions was in the fifth movie where they took out all the quidditch(i forgot how to spell it). i was seriously crushed when i didnt see that

Top Bottom