• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harmony of Heroes Releases "Final Smash" Expansion

Marthmario

Smash Lord
One would think after releasing an album with eight hours of music, a break might be in order, but Harmony of Heroes is back at it again. The new album is titled “Final Smash” and it features 27 brand new tracks! While the original album featured tracks inspired by Melee and Brawl, this expansion focuses solely on the newest entries to the series, Smash for 3DS and Wii U. So, series like Mega Man and Duck Hunt get the Harmony of Heroes treatment! That said, this album also features tracks from Mario, Zelda, and even Metal Gear Solid (the last of which has no representation in Smash 4). Check out a sampling of this fine expansion below!

5. Your Face is History (Running/Countdown Remix)

4. Shadow of the Core (Master Core Remix)

3. The Year 200X (Mega Man 2 Medley Remix)

2. The Journey to Castle Lololo (Castle Lololo Remix)

1. All That Remains (The Grand Finale Remix)

Now it comes to question, how much would such a fine collection cost? Well, to that the answer is… free! The track-list and full album are accessible on the Harmony of Heroes' website (link posted below). The file comes in either MP3 or a lag-less MP4 format.

So, enjoy the fruits of the HoH team’s labor!

Click here to download Harmony of Heroes: Final Smash!
Want to talk about all these sick tunes? Hit me up on Twitter @ Marthmario Marthmario

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Am I the only one questioning what the hell is wrong with Sonic's eye in that artwork?

Regardless, great remixes!

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Am I the only one questioning what the hell is wrong with Sonic's eye in that artwork?

Regardless, great remixes!
Haha, I noticed that as well. The artist also messed up Lucina's Falchion, but whatever. :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Haha, I noticed that as well. The artist also messed up Lucina's Falchion, but whatever. :p
Well, the Falchion I can forgive because it's an artistic choice, but Jesus Christ that bulging eye of Sonic's D:

D

Deleted member

Jesus Christ, that art is terribad!!

Who did they hire to make that piece for them? It's deviantart fanart-tier bad and totally makes them lose cred.

They should hire a better artist, or just not use artwork at all.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Great tracks... But that artwork... Especially Pac-Man is terrible.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I didn't like a lot of the Harmony of Heroes soundtrack (got it in lossless HYPE!), but some of it was good. I'll check this out!

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Stumbled accross the first album the other day and was surprised I didn't know about it and now THIS.

Its like christmas has come again!

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Awesome! I love The Grand Finale remix, that's one of my favorite tracks in the game.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Okay, three things:
1. The music is pretty good.

2. I fixed Pac-Man.

3. I couldn't save Sonic.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Checked the song list

The lack of Fire Emblem: Awakening songs saddened me. Robin and Lucina are in the artwork for crying out loud!

7upfree123

Smash Rookie
NNID
Snowy123
3DS FC
0533-4047-9106
Eh, I liked The Grand Finale the way it was, but nothingness, these songs are great!

Last edited:

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Hey everyone! Darren here, Director/Producer of Harmony of Heroes. Big thanks to Smash Boards for helping us spread the word about the expansion, i'm pleased that the music was received well!

While I hear the criticisms regarding the artwork, I feel that people are being a little unfair, with many of the comments drawing attention away from the music. My hope is that many people will enjoy the great music we have been able to produce.

I hope you'll also consider checking out the 101 tracks we were able to put together prior to Final Smash in our Harmony of Heroes album by visiting our website and downloading it! :)

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Jesus Christ, that art is terribad!!

Who did they hire to make that piece for them? It's deviantart fanart-tier bad and totally makes them lose cred.

They should hire a better artist, or just not use artwork at all.
I feel the artists involved did their best in the time that they had. The team was made up of three artists who all provided artwork for the previous Harmony of Heroes project, of which I was very happy with. I expect they're looking for good quality, constructive feedback. Perhaps if you can provide that, it might be helpful for future projects! :)

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Checked the song list

The lack of Fire Emblem: Awakening songs saddened me. Robin and Lucina are in the artwork for crying out loud!
We actually had plans to include a Fire Emblem track on the album, but sadly this was dropped because the musician who was creating it, had a much tighter schedule, and had to prioritise, which we fully understood. The artwork was well underway by that point.

D

Deleted member

I feel the artists involved did their best in the time that they had. The team was made up of three artists who all provided artwork for the previous Harmony of Heroes project, of which I was very happy with. I expect they're looking for good quality, constructive feedback. Perhaps if you can provide that, it might be helpful for future projects! :)
Fair enough.

I looked up other work, and some of it was decent, but nowhere near professional production.

I see a lot of imagination, but likewise, a lack of understanding of the fundamentals. Namely composition, anatomy, lighting, and perspective.

I'll simply critique this particular piece and not the others since this is the one I commented on to begin with:

First off, the composition. It's all over the place, my eyes don't know where to focus, nor where I should begin nor end, I just kinda jump around, and I'm overstimulated by everything that's going on. There's no general flow with the piece, just a lot of impact, and not in a good way.

Second, the construction on ALL the characters is REALLY bad. The artist is clearly symbol drawing rather than fully understanding how to draw figures in perspective. It shows both lack of experience with anatomy and perspective. The poses are alright, but they're completely mitigated by how awful everything else comes out. This is also why the faces come off so terrible and honestly, barely resemble the characters themselves.

In addition, the lighting helps further this little bit. Too much impact, and the choice of rendering was bad. It's like the artist couldn't decide on which direction to take his piece. Realistic, or more cartoony. He clearly tried to do more realistic rendering, however, his lack of understanding on a lot of issues really shows here. He clearly wanted to go high-impact for a more "epic" feel, but it just flat out doesn't work due to the lack of detail on the models, and the poor construction.

You can blame time, and perhaps that is a factor, but I just see a general lack of experience. Good effort, and good imagination, but he needs to practice a lot before putting out any work.

If you'd like, I can make my take on this composition, same characters, but just... better done. It might take a while since I'm kinda busy with other work, but I can at least show you what I mean when I say this is just bad from the start. No amount of time would fix this one, since it lacks understanding of the fundamentals.

FantomenK

Smash Rookie
NNID
FantomenK
This getting posted on SB is awesome! I hope you guys enjoy the album. Let me know what you thought about my track!

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
The lack of Fire Emblem songs disappoints me...

J_Retribution

Smash Rookie
I just downloaded this. It's really beautiful music and easy to listen to. Thanks for putting in so much effort, it definitely paid off, as the end product is outstanding.

Darren1986

Smash Cadet
NNID
darrenkerwin
Fair enough.

I looked up other work, and some of it was decent, but nowhere near professional production.

I see a lot of imagination, but likewise, a lack of understanding of the fundamentals. Namely composition, anatomy, lighting, and perspective.

I'll simply critique this particular piece and not the others since this is the one I commented on to begin with:

First off, the composition. It's all over the place, my eyes don't know where to focus, nor where I should begin nor end, I just kinda jump around, and I'm overstimulated by everything that's going on. There's no general flow with the piece, just a lot of impact, and not in a good way.

Second, the construction on ALL the characters is REALLY bad. The artist is clearly symbol drawing rather than fully understanding how to draw figures in perspective. It shows both lack of experience with anatomy and perspective. The poses are alright, but they're completely mitigated by how awful everything else comes out. This is also why the faces come off so terrible and honestly, barely resemble the characters themselves.

In addition, the lighting helps further this little bit. Too much impact, and the choice of rendering was bad. It's like the artist couldn't decide on which direction to take his piece. Realistic, or more cartoony. He clearly tried to do more realistic rendering, however, his lack of understanding on a lot of issues really shows here. He clearly wanted to go high-impact for a more "epic" feel, but it just flat out doesn't work due to the lack of detail on the models, and the poor construction.

You can blame time, and perhaps that is a factor, but I just see a general lack of experience. Good effort, and good imagination, but he needs to practice a lot before putting out any work.

If you'd like, I can make my take on this composition, same characters, but just... better done. It might take a while since I'm kinda busy with other work, but I can at least show you what I mean when I say this is just bad from the start. No amount of time would fix this one, since it lacks understanding of the fundamentals.
Thanks for the comments! It's not necessary for you to make your own version of our artwork, and if you would like to talk about it further be sure to send me a PM. I'd also be very interested to see your own artwork too! :)

Top Bottom