• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest matchup for M3t@

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah perhaps its because he hasnt seen before a truly good Snake before so yes I would recommend showing him videos...

On the other hand I disagree on the subject of TL being an easy match up... An experienced TL can easily have a good match against an MK also keeping in mind the crazy nuts low percentages TL requires to get an Mk

Rawrness

Smash Journeyman
Yeah perhaps its because he hasnt seen before a truly good Snake before so yes I would recommend showing him videos...

On the other hand I disagree on the subject of TL being an easy match up... An experienced TL can easily have a good match against an MK also keeping in mind the crazy nuts low percentages TL requires to get an Mk
Well when MK gets into Toon Link's face, it's game over for TL.

and TL's recovery is VERY good.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
I really don't understant how snake is competition for Metaknight.
Snake is so much slower than MK, and MK won't let snake any time to think and perform good combos...

i would agree with dojo, a better MK.
also Marth or Link
snake is not that slow...hes pretty fast in almost every way actually...all his commonly used attacks have little lag and execute pretty fast. trust me MK has his most trouble up against snake (ive played good ones) cuz grenades and mortars keep MK out of nado pretty well, which is probably meta knights best approach. approaching snake on the ground is pretty dangerous cuz thats where snake ***** with tilts. also c4 and up tilt kill at low percents. good MK vs good snake matches are pretty epic, but the upper hand has to go to snake.

characters ive had problems with are zelda, toon link, snake, olimar, and kirby.
zeldas smashes ruins spot dodges, a common meta knight tactic and dins fire beats tornado at far enough range.
turtling TL's with good DI can ruin a lot of MK's offensive potential and if TL has a bomb in his hand approaching him is very tricky cuz those things take u out of nado.
if an olimar learns how to stop MK's tornado then MK doesnt have much he can do anymore. tornado beats the spammed pikmin, but not the proper-shielding olimar. and when tornado ends then olimar is one of the few characters that can punish him after it thanks to his grabs range and little lag. gimping him is possible but good olimars can avoid this in most of their matches with MK.
kirby can be brutal if kirby knows wut he has against you. kirbys final cutter takes meta knight out of his tornado and his f smash beats MK's tornado AND shuttle loop. that means you will get punished for halberding, and since your on the ledge your probably going to die after getting nailed by the f smash

still, im goin to say that the characters that meta knight is at a disadvantage to is snake and maybe olimar. this only applies to the good and experienced snakes and olimars though, because they have to know what they have over MK.

Marth, falco, rob, and DK havnt been a problem for me though, but i dont think i have played a good marth or falco. but im sure ive played a good DK and ROB. tornado ***** them if used right tho cuz theyre huge characters. even when those characters have several moves that counter it.

M@v

Subarashii!
I dont think falco's THAT hard of a matchup. In fact, when I come up against Falco with fox(My 1st main), I usually counter the next match with MK, since he does a lot better than fox .

Dojo

Smash Champion
Falco can definitely be a hard matchup... >.>
There's just not many great ones out yet. (ie. Sethlon)

Fact of the matter is.. Falco can chaingrab->dair to have a 60% advantage every stock. Lasers can do alot of damage to MK's air game if played right. And he is definitely the hardest of the space animals to gimp. He has a fair list of kill moves and a really good boost smash can surprise you.

Top Bottom