• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest Challenge in Melee

Trulinkmaster

Smash Rookie
The hardest possible thing to acomplish in melee (one of the hardest) is to give a level 9 team of link, luigi, and falcon THREE TIMES MORE DAMAGE THAN THEY GIVE YOU. Anyone out there know of anyone with the defensive/offensive poise and accuracy to accomplish this? Even giving twice as much damage as recieved would be very impressive. Before thinking its easy try it. To prove it in a vid one must go to the damage recieved and given screen after the match.
I was gonna post this in 1 player melee board but it isnt technically one player

Oh and thanks to Magik0722 i must waste time by adding the obvious - u must give damage of at least 500

Magik0722

Smash Champion
done i did it. Accoplished in 0 seconds. at the begining of the round i have 0 % each of them have 0%. 3 times 0% is 0%. killed self (winning was not a requirement).

Trulinkmaster

Smash Rookie
Yea i think it impossible also - but if someone could give even twice as much damage I'd be impressed - maybe there is someone who's badass enough to do it - thats why im puttin it out there (nevermind the nitpicking deviation from the obvious implication of my enquiry given by Vodage and Magik)

okiyama

Smash Ace
I care! That was epic win. He beat your challenge in zero seconds with MATH! :laugh:

Now he has to make a challenge where u divide by zero
Divide by zero is simply illgogical, because 0 is not a number. A number represents a quantity of something but 0 is not a quantity, it's simply saying "no quantity of X in this place" if the quantity of nothing in the place of the single digits then it's just 0 but if it's 0 in singles and there's 1 in the tens it's 10, which represents 10 where it's saying there is 1 in the tens and 0 in the ones, not 10 in the everythings.

But a lot of people will be unsatisfied by this answer so im going to go ahead and also say a possible outcome is nullify.

Wikipedia puts it quite well why using division by 0 ruins everything about math... ever.
Assuming that
1 * 0=0
2 * 0=0
then by the law of syllogism we can assume that
1 * 0=2 * 0
divide by 0
1 * 0/0=2 * 0/0
Subractive property of equality yields
1=2...

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zero

dividing by 0 makes math mean nothing!

Also, the cahllenge is hard but I think we already have a topic similar to this.

Grunt

Smash Master
they keep dying before they get to 500%.
AND IM SPAMMING LASERS, WTF?!

EDIT:
Wow, that was easy.
1.pick fox
2. run around on the bottom of temple.
3. Grab ledge
4. wait for them all to gather
5. fall and firefox upwards diagonally
6. run to opposite end of bottom of temple
7.repeat
8.??????
9.PROFIT!

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
When I saw this thread, I was hoping some random dude decided to bump a thread from 2001 or something. I'm disappointed to see somebody actually make a topic like this now, although I'm not really surprised, either. >_>

Grunt

Smash Master
brawl tiers are out.
WOOHOO

on a related note:
i finally realized what was stretching the page.
o.0

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wait, Brawl came out? I didn't know!
*amnesia from such a horric experience with Brawl*

The hardest challenge in Melee would be to claim that another person is more manly than Falcon.

Let's try.

Ganondorf is the most awesome most... most man... mostmal... FALCON IS DA MAN!!! SHE ME YOUR MOVES!!! KNEEE!!!!!!!!!! FALLLCCOOONN PUNCCHHH!!! SOOO MOTHER ****ING MANLY!!! I WASH HE WAS MY DAD!

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
yeah, that's a great challenge, especially since the only way to really do it it so memorize the cpu's habits and find a cheap strategy, then hope they don't powershield you too much.

The real "hardest challenge" would be to improve your skills to become as good as M2K, PC Chris, Mango, etc.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
You've made 3 threads about this same challenge that is ultimately pointless. When will you learn your challenge has no meaning?

Top Bottom