• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hard to play Bowser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
Sorry, this is in the wrong place, I'm new. >_<

But yes, back to the topic. Is Bowser hard to have as a main, I have him as my main so far, but I'm not so good.

Crux

Smash Rookie
I agree with Gray... he's not a very complex character, however, it is very hard to become a proficient bowser player. I'd say he is one of the harder characters to truly play at a competitive with.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea we pretty much do everything right

Its even better because no one here besides me and the other six Bowser mains, and they know who i'm talking about, dare to use him in a tournament and succeed

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yea we pretty much do everything right

Its even better because no one here besides me and the other six Bowser mains, and they know who i'm talking about, dare to use him in a tournament and succeed
XD, "the other six Bowser mains." The Bowser professionals really have a lot on their shoulders there. The rest of us are just here to scrape knowledge from them. More power to those that can brave the tournament scene and come back with good results; I tip my hat to you.

The aspirers are doing their best to make a name for themselves, too. Hopefully the "six Bowser mains" gain people good enough to join their ranks.

Oh, wait...there was another topic.

Yeah, Bowser's difficult to win with, if only because he plays differently than most characters. It takes time to learn the vast mindgames to effectively play Bowser. He's a simple character in action, but the mindgames are deep and essential.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Reflex i included you lol

Pretty much

You, 2 Percent, MagnuM, Gojira, Arash, Gimpy, Cao, That Duel Bowser Team from New York, Yo-Yo, Maybe Me.. I don't know if i count,

SO ZOMG THERE IS 11!!!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
almost all of those players dont use bowser in any serious tournament matches
Really? I'm a bit daft when it comes to identifying players, so I guess I wouldn't know.

At least, I can say that I go Bowser when it really matters~

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
I am officially changing Bowser to be my main. From now on Fox and Falco are only my secondary characters.

EDIT: But you know what? Falco is actually a lot easier to win with.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
why would anyone want to main bowser its seriously an incredibly dumb decision

i play bowser because i love bowser, i dont really have dreams of greatness or anything like that, i just figure since i'm using the character i love i might as well see what i can do with the big guy

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Reflex i included you lol

Pretty much

You, 2 Percent, MagnuM, Gojira, Arash, Gimpy, Cao, That Duel Bowser Team from New York, Yo-Yo, Maybe Me.. I don't know if i count,

SO ZOMG THERE IS 11!!!
*raises hand*

Bowser is hard to use to match winning tournament needs, for many reasons.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
That dual Bowser team from NY would be me and DJ Nintendo yup yup.

Bowsers definetly my secondary. I always pick him in tourney in my first match no matter wat. Then if i happen to lose the match which doesnt happen often, depending on my performance of my first match, if i feel i could beat my opponent in the rematch. i'll use hiim again otherwise i'll switch to my main.

I've fought and beat some big faces with bowser. If anybody would like to challenge me and DJ Nintendo's bowsers anytime they in the east coast u guys are welcome to.

U wont find a better bowser than ours in the East Coast.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Warriorknight- Do you have any videos? Im interested to see how you play. I live in the east coast as well, maybe me and my friend could match you and your friend. No promises, though.

HUGO-Hes on rarely, and hes a retired bowser.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Warriorknight- Do you have any videos? Im interested to see how you play. I live in the east coast as well, maybe me and my friend could match you and your friend. No promises, though.

HUGO-Hes on rarely, and hes a retired bowser.
I do actually but they're team matches, they're ancient vids when our bowsers kinda sucked. Go watch em.
Im open to every challenge.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_2T-Y1HSKNQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QQ-cYHNQdcc
Im the transparent one in both. DJ N is the normal one

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
I wish I was as good as Gimpy and all of you guys. ._.
But for now I need to learn how to dodge and stuff.

khold

Smash Apprentice
you know how to dodge, it's just you use the down-B quite a lot.

Dynamik

Smash Cadet
Oh, I just have a sudden feeling for that move. I just do it.

EDIT: It's the dodging from jumping and making opponents miss and such.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
If you can time the jumping well and use them with mindgames, then work on facing semi-fast players that are offensive. You can try different, but im just suggesting. ^_^

As for the shield dodging, Bowser has lag after the dodge. Yes, dodge lag. -_- Dosent quite cover good distance either, avoid using it against fast players and spamming it. If you can do it right, good job. But i suggest not doing it at all, because 9 times out of 10, you will be punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom