• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hanzo Academy's Star Student: Asuka for Super Smash Bros Switch (Mai Is Down, What Does That Mean For Asuka?)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I kinda Wish SK7 brings out true introductions of the new wave characters like Zodiac and Tono.
Ooooh, that would be an interesting plot line.

I would kind of like proper introductions of the New Wave girls there too. And maybe add some of the new students (NW girls) for older classes like Ashiya and Bashou.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I really don't see this happening, simply because of Senran Kagura's image as a fanservice game and nothing more, but Bayonetta got in despite being an M-rated character, so what would I know?

I like me some Senran. Wouldn't mind if she got in.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
On a new topic, what do you think of Zem-raj's work with this?

Sorry if this is late, but Zem-raj Zem-raj did a fantastic job at covering her sprite. Got both main outfits done right down to the finest pixel. Now I want Takaki to make an 8-but spinoff that's a platformer than an action title. Though it would be far too difficult to see the clhow thing damage.

I really don't see this happening, simply because of Senran Kagura's image as a fanservice game and nothing more, but Bayonetta got in despite being an M-rated character, so what would I know?

I like me some Senran. Wouldn't mind if she got in.
That's my take on it as well. Especially given Nintendo was completely against the idea of Samus or Peach being guest fighters in the first game. A big shame, but at least it didn't stop us from having the ladies of DoA and Ikki Tousen in future titles.

Added. Who are your favorite Senrans (I doubt many images of them would be safe enough for here)?

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Sorry if this is late, but Zem-raj Zem-raj did a fantastic job at covering her sprite. Got both main outfits done right down to the finest pixel. Now I want Takaki to make an 8-but spinoff that's a platformer than an action title. Though it would be far too difficult to see the clhow thing damage.

That's my take on it as well. Especially given Nintendo was completely against the idea of Samus or Peach being guest fighters in the first game. A big shame, but at least it didn't stop us from having the ladies of DoA and Ikki Tousen in future titles.

Added. Who are your favorite Senrans (I doubt many images of them would be safe enough for here)?
No problem :3

She was one of the sprites that I enjoyed designing for.

If there's demand enough, I might design costume sprites for other Senran Kagura characters sometime in the future.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
No problem :3

She was one of the sprites that I enjoyed designing for.

If there's demand enough, I might design costume sprites for other Senran Kagura characters sometime in the future.
Ooooooh yes! And I'm glad you've enjoyed designing her sprite alot Zem.

But I can see Kat being troublesome because of her "usual attire". Unless you simply close her white shirt, though the only difference between the two sprites would be the dragon boots. :laugh:

But if I would suggest more, I would got for the leaders of the other rival schools at least. Homura and Yumi being good candidates.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Ooooooh yes! And I'm glad you've enjoyed designing her sprite alot Zem.

But I can see Kat being troublesome because of her "usual attire". Unless you simply close her white shirt, though the only difference between the two sprites would be the dragon boots. :laugh:

But if I would suggest more, I would got for the leaders of the other rival schools at least. Homura and Yumi being good candidates.
I wouldn't worry too much about Kat's "usual attire" being a problem.

I'd probably find a way to get it to work some how.

Homura might be probably easy to design for.

Yumi will probably be more of a challenge though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because Nintendo is afraid that the game might ruin their image of these conic characters. Peach being seem as a pure kind hearted princess (despite her brutal beatings of Bowser) and Samus being this powerful calculating hunter who takes orders from no one (Inb4 Other M). So I can respect why they would disagree with that, yet their recent team ups with the likes of Playboy to promote Bayonetta 2 AND Splatoon is a serious countradiction. Hell, the fact that they were alright with funding the production of Bayonetta 2 and publish it is a huge contradiction itself.

I can understand why they necessarily need to censor a majority of their titles during localization, but one of these days they will have to realize that a lot of this stuff isn't really needed. Fates was arguably a roller coaster of bad writing with few redeeming qualities (except for the who Soleil situation, but I'd rather not bring up that again), there was no reason to remove the gravure model costumes in Fatal Frame unless they are that scared of groups attacking them for "child exploitation" (when Yuri is obviously a college girl), and the whole Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE royal butcher (Yo home slice, I heard like you like hip urban modeling instead of bikinis, dawg!),. At least the Switch is a step in the right direction being a region free console for those that want the true uncut experience without the Treehouse raining on their parades and The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is pretty much untouched (at least in comparison to the dark ages of Zelda).

But right, I'll get back on topic by saying Yomi is the best girl. Nuff said.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration

Let me see... my top 5 Senrans would be...

5. Asuka
4. Murakumo
3. Murasaki
2. Katsuragi
1. Daidouji

This might change, I haven't really gotten into Estival yet. But Daidouji will always be my #1.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Let me see... my top 5 Senrans would be...

5. Asuka
4. Murakumo
3. Murasaki
2. Katsuragi
1. Daidouji

This might change, I haven't really gotten into Estival yet. But Daidouji will always be my #1.
Excellent choices indeed. Diadouji definitely needs to get more credit where it's due. She's Jotaro Kujo if he were a Senran.

Most of these are even my favorite Senrans too. Here's my list for reference.

5. Yoshimitsu
4. Bashou
3. Murakuma
2. Yumi
1. Katsuragi

Bashou's a sweet girl with some potential (I would like her to actually meet Hikage in one of the main games), Yoshimitsu is everything to love about cheerleaders, I like Murakumo's two faced personality (Unmasked Kumo is a major cinnamon roll), Yumi is cool and that was no pun, and Katuragi is life as much as the things she's an expert on. I just love this Senran alot, even if she was kind of bad in the first game (Thankfully, she's gotten a buff in future titles). Maybe one day, the Oppai Kami may shine on her.

Because Nintendo is afraid that the game might ruin their image of these conic characters. Peach being seem as a pure kind hearted princess (despite her brutal beatings of Bowser) and Samus being this powerful calculating hunter who takes orders from no one (Inb4 Other M). So I can respect why they would disagree with that, yet their recent team ups with the likes of Playboy to promote Bayonetta 2 AND Splatoon is a serious countradiction. Hell, the fact that they were alright with funding the production of Bayonetta 2 and publish it is a huge contradiction itself.

I can understand why they necessarily need to censor a majority of their titles during localization, but one of these days they will have to realize that a lot of this stuff isn't really needed. Fates was arguably a roller coaster of bad writing with few redeeming qualities (except for the who Soleil situation, but I'd rather not bring up that again), there was no reason to remove the gravure model costumes in Fatal Frame unless they are that scared of groups attacking them for "child exploitation" (when Yuri is obviously a college girl), and the whole Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE royal butcher (Yo home slice, I heard like you like hip urban modeling instead of bikinis, dawg!),. At least the Switch is a step in the right direction being a region free console for those that want the true uncut experience without the Treehouse raining on their parades and The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is pretty much untouched (at least in comparison to the dark ages of Zelda).

But right, I'll get back on topic by saying Yomi is the best girl. Nuff said.

We already know who your waifu is, just give us a list. :troll:

Nintendo is definitely similar to Disney in more ways than one. If not, they are far more stricter with copyright or censorship in comparison. They've done some oddballs in the past and present, but they just can't stop clinging on that family friendly image. I'm kind of hoping we get much less censorship in future With titles (Thankfully, Takaki is free to do what he wants and never get censored whenever he's putting Sernan Kagura on the 3DS). Even they were generous to let him actually develop the game for the 3DS after they initially rejected the series for its idea (They saw how fun the gameplay is and judged it based on that merit alone). We can hope he provides good support to the new console.

Also, I've laughed and cringe at that TMS line. That's pretty much the game's localization in a nutshell. Just minus Avera with her special Shadowrealm Bra. :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We already know who your waifu is, just give us a list. :troll:

Nintendo is definitely similar to Disney in more ways than one. If not, they are far more stricter with copyright or censorship in comparison. They've done some oddballs in the past and present, but they just can't stop clinging on that family friendly image. I'm kind of hoping we get much less censorship in future With titles (Thankfully, Takaki is free to do what he wants and never get censored whenever he's putting Sernan Kagura on the 3DS). Even they were generous to let him actually develop the game for the 3DS after they initially rejected the series for its idea (They saw how fun the gameplay is and judged it based on that merit alone). We can hope he provides good support to the new console.

Also, I've laughed and cringe at that TMS line. That's pretty much the game's localization in a nutshell. Just minus Avera with her special Shadowrealm Bra. :troll:
Meh.

5. Ryona (Fine, I'll admit that I hate the worst dog and find her playstyle horrid to play as. Happy?)
4. Asuka
3. Murasaki

2. Hikage
1. Yomi

That's accurate enough. Disney has their limits while Nintendo can be more extreme at times with their policies. Even Disney movies can still be dark and violent despite being far from their original scrapped ideas/scripts. If Gargoyles was a Nintendo IP, you would tell that **** would be censored. But enough about that, let's focus on Senran Kagura.

And I'm damn glad the man got to creat the ideal game franchise that he wanted to make without being under heavy restrictions from Nintendo (minus the strange decision to make Burst digital exclusive in the US. Damn it Europe! No offense Zem-raj Zem-raj ). Nowadays, he chase after whichever platform has the cutting edge technology and focus on the next hottest gimmick, hence the creation of the more popular Shinovi and Estival Versus games along with the recent Peach Beach Splash). We already know that he has five more PlayStation games planned with his new studio, so what will that Switch game be about other than having those accurate softness sensors with the HD Rumble. Assuming this is a typical "Kingdom Hearts late game advertising" scenario, I'm hoping the next serious title is a follow up to Deep Crimson that actually introduce the new Hebijo, Gessen, and Overseers of the Kagura Festival girls. Maybe throw in some New Wave girls if they want to be generous enough.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
That's my take on it as well. Especially given Nintendo was competely against the idea of Samus or Peach being guest fighters in the first game. A big shame, but at least it didn't stop us from having the ladies of DoA and Ikki Tousen in future titles.

Whaaat?!?! They actually asked for that? Dang it Ninty, that would've been so cool to see. Peach beating the snot out people with her parasol and throwing veggies. They could've even included just Samus and kept her in the Power Suit if the risque nature was too much of a problem.

Another reason why I hate Nintendo's insistence on a squeaky clean image across the board. They're not even consistent with it as Yomi already pointed out.

"Censor TMS, Fatal Frame V and FE which are already T and M games? Of course, we're kid friendly Nintendo!"

And the next minute; "Partner with Playboy for Bayo 2 and Splatoon? Why not?"

I love their games, but Nintendo hurts my soul sometimes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Put them in the game, but don't let their clothes get torn. Simple.
This. Not that it would be inconsistent when the same thing happened for Sayuri (until recently. *shudders*).

Too bad they never take the easy way and refuse like most stubborn companies would. Peach vs Daidouji would have been too good of fight. Or maybe a little Samus vs Haruka (if only because she's close enough to a mech fighter with her puppets).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Whaaat?!?! They actually asked for that? Dang it Ninty, that would've been so cool to see. Peach beating the snot out people with her parasol and throwing veggies. They could've even included just Samus and kept her in the Power Suit if the risque nature was too much of a problem.

Another reason why I hate Nintendo's insistence on a squeaky clean image across the board. They're not even consistent with it as Yomi already pointed out.

"Censor TMS, Fatal Frame V and FE which are already T and M games? Of course, we're kid friendly Nintendo!"

And the next minute; "Partner with Playboy for Bayo 2 and Splatoon? Why not?"

I love their games, but Nintendo hurts my soul sometimes.
Yep. He specifically mentioned this on his Twitter not too long ago (in Japanese obviously). Definitely would have been great, but yeah. Nintendo logic.

This. Not that it would be inconsistent when the same thing happened for Sayuri (until recently. *shudders*).

Too bad they never take the easy way and refuse like most stubborn companies would. Peach vs Daidouji would have been too good of fight. Or maybe a little Samus vs Haruka (if only because she's close enough to a mech fighter with her puppets).

We do not speak of that cruel April Fool's joke again.

I like the match-ups. Though I'd argue that Peach vs Hibari would be a better fit since they are alike. Maybe have Samus fight Katsuragi instead since they are rather alike, minus the perversion. But you get what I mean other than "they both have special combat boots".

Put them in the game AND let their clothes get torn, but put in Smash For's black void :troll:
That would be too awesome for words.

Make it happen for the Switch, Nintendo! :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Black Void Peach and Samus for Senran Kagura Switch. :troll:

By the way, Xseed Ganes will be bringing some games to the Switch soon. Chances are that they are their original IP's since I don't see them localizing Senran Kagura Switch THAT soon. It's probably in the early stages of development by now. But at least we know for now that they would be willing to localize the Switch game after Marvelous and Tamsoft are done making the new game in Japan.

Come Takaki, spill the beans already.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/04/11/xseed-will-be-making-nintendo-switch-announcements-soon/

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I have a friend who is really into sk and i have been meaning to try the games out but have not gotten around to it. If bayonetta got in may a sk rep can too so you never know. I would not mind seeing this and there seems to be support but idk how well known sk is to the more general audience which could be an issue too.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I have a friend who is really into sk and i have been meaning to try the games out but have not gotten around to it. If bayonetta got in may a sk rep can too so you never know. I would not mind seeing this and there seems to be support but idk how well known sk is to the more general audience which could be an issue too.
And which games did he ask you to try, the main series (3DS) or the Versus games (which are mostly PlayStation exclusive)? Either way, I would reccomend them if you are a fan of beat em ups.

Senran Kagura is extremely niche, with Marvelous's other big series Story of Seasons being bigger (if you ignore the Natsume Harvest Moon rights controversy). If not, far more niche than the likes of Dead or Alive. The series is big in Japan however, but nowhere near blockbusters like Puyo Puyo or Dragon Quest. It took the series four years just to sell 1 million copies worldwide in 2015 (For reference, it took until 2013 for the US and 2014 for Europe for the first games to be localized for those extra sales). Even the Fire Emblem franchise sakes are gargantuan in comparison.

So it's definitely not a large third party series to warrant a must have addition like Pac-Man or Sonic (Bayonetta is considered lucky thanks to the ballot). The likeliest scenario, Takaki would have to be chill enough to approach Sakurai about the possibility unless he's open minded to take that offer (along with the obvious adjustments to make Asuka or any other character appropriate enough for Smash).

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
And which games did he ask you to try, the main series (3DS) or the Versus games (which are mostly PlayStation exclusive)? Either way, I would reccomend them if you are a fan of beat em ups.

Senran Kagura is extremely niche, with Marvelous's other big series Story of Seasons being bigger (if you ignore the Natsume Harvest Moon rights controversy). If not, far more niche than the likes of Dead or Alive. The series is big in Japan however, but nowhere near blockbusters like Puyo Puyo or Dragon Quest. It took the series four years just to sell 1 million copies worldwide in 2015 (For reference, it took until 2013 for the US and 2014 for Europe for the first games to be localized for those extra sales). Even the Fire Emblem franchise sakes are gargantuan in comparison.

So it's definitely not a large third party series to warrant a must have addition like Pac-Man or Sonic (Bayonetta is considered lucky thanks to the ballot). The likeliest scenario, Takaki would have to be chill enough to approach Sakurai about the possibility unless he's open minded to take that offer (along with the obvious adjustments to make Asuka or any other character appropriate enough for Smash).
I do enjoy beat em ups. He plays both series, i was waiting for a steam sale to try one out, i figured that might be a little better quality than a 3ds one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I do enjoy beat em ups. He plays both series, i was waiting for a steam sale to try one out, i figured that might be a little better quality than a 3ds one.
Then the Versus games (Estival and Shinovi) and Bon Appetit (a rhythm game spinoff) are your only options for Steam. The 3DS games are Nintendo exclusive and will probably never get a Steam release in the future.

Not that it's bad because Estival is fun as far as arena brawlers go. I never played Shinovi (Don't have a gaming PC or Vita), but it shouldn't be too far off from its sequel. It just doesn't have that beach theme and properly introduces The Hebijo Clandestine Girls and Gessen Girls Academy.

I hope you have fun with them.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Senran Kagura Switch is a thing guys and Takaki never fails to disappoint (That research on softness with pudding and water balooons). I ****ing love that crazy guy.

Now if only we will see if this is a true successor to the 3DS games instead of being another Versus game.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
The absolute madman...
:4greninja:'d by Aussie

Guess now is as good a time as any to ask: Where do I even start with this series?
I know the mainline series are the 3DS games, but we have all the games in the west so far or at least on the way right?

EDIT: nvm, I'll just refer to the above posts. Thanks Aussie & Yomi :)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The absolute madman...
:4greninja:'d by Aussie

Guess now is as good a time as any to ask: Where do I even start with this series?
I know the mainline series are the 3DS games, but we have all the games in the west so far or at least on the way right?

EDIT: nvm, I'll just refer to the above posts. Thanks Aussie & Yomi :)
If you like 2D style beat em ups, I'll recommend Burst and Deep Crimson. Estival and Shinovi Versus are for the free roaming arena brawlers/action titles like Warriors.

Either way, I hope you have fun.

Senran Kagura Switch is a thing guys and Takaki never fails to disappoint (That research on softness with pudding and water balooons). I ****ing love that crazy guy.

Now if only we will see if this is a true successor to the 3DS games instead of being another Versus game.
Don't get too excited. They could just make this another Versus game and make Yumi the main character. :troll:

But jokes aside, I do get some Burst vibes based on the screenshot alone. This could be a KHIII situation where THIS is what that teaser could be about all alone.

Either way, I'm glad we are getting a "traditional" style game again instead of the usual hack n slash gameplay.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Don't get too excited. They could just make this another Versus game and make Yumi the main character. :troll:

But jokes aside, I do get some Burst vibes based on the screenshot alone. This could be a KHIII situation where THIS is what that teaser could be about all alone.

Either way, I'm glad we are getting a "traditional" style game again instead of the usual hack n slash gameplay.
Speaking of Yumi, I wonder where she is. Given this is Timeline 1 (Burst and Deep Crimson), she was never properly introduced as a character and they could introduce her there. She's the Isabelle of Senran Kagura and you know Marvelous loves promoting her character alot.

I guess we will have to find out sooner or later through other news outlets. Given the usual trend, it will take a year or more for XSEED Gaming to localize this game unless any of you want to import the game on a Japanese Switch account (Thank you region free gaming).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Real talk, I wonder what's up with the "Shinobi Refle" subtitle. Is it a new style of gameplay or will it be like Deep Crimson?

And what about the theme of the game. Will we see the Yoma again? What role will they play? Will Kagura return canonically (Versus is part of a separate timeline)?

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
And I thought it was some kind of late April's Fools joke. Takaki seems REALLY interested in the HD Rumble feature so I bet that it's going to be a key element in the game. Yumi will most likely appear mainly due to her being the poster girl.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So some are speculating that this could be a dating game based on the screenshot alone.

Come on, why would they give us a spinofff after we just got Peach Beach Splash? And I can't see that type of game being full price either.

I hope those fans are proven wrong.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A sim dating game would be a waste. I dislike the genre myself and wouldn't want to buy this if that were the case.

You do have a point, making a spinoff is pointless when we just got Peach Beach Splash this year. I definitely want to wait for more news before this spells doom.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
My initial thought on what the Switch game would be (before the trailer) was "Warioware with "plot" ". Maybe I was on to something, since both the SK Switch trailer and Warioware have this:

..Or not. Now I can see where the visual novel idea comes from, but it could also still be a 2D Beat em up, just with the story sections told in first person perspective & heavily interactive (to take advantage of the joyconz). That'd explain the Asuka screenshot, since it seems like she's holding the player's hand.

Still, I wouldn't write off the game being a spin-off, since it is called "Shinobi Refresh", which might hint at a more laid back title.

Also, my personal ranking of the Senrans (only counting the ones in EV):

32) Ryona
31) Oldbag Sayuri
30) Hanzo-Asuka
*skip*
5) Hanabi (even though she plays the worst.)
4) Homura
3) Yomi
3) Katsuragi (tied because I really can't decide)
1) Big Ryona.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My initial thought on what the Switch game would be (before the trailer) was "Warioware with "plot" ". Maybe I was on to something, since both the SK Switch trailer and Warioware have this:

..Or not. Now I can see where the visual novel idea comes from, but it could also still be a 2D Beat em up, just with the story sections told in first person perspective & heavily interactive (to take advantage of the joyconz). That'd explain the Asuka screenshot, since it seems like she's holding the player's hand.

Still, I wouldn't write off the game being a spin-off, since it is called "Shinobi Refresh", which might hint at a more laid back title.

Also, my personal ranking of the Senrans (only counting the ones in EV):

32) Ryona
31) Oldbag Sayuri
30) Hanzo-Asuka
*skip*
5) Hanabi (even though she plays the worst.)
4) Homura
3) Yomi
3) Katsuragi (tied because I really can't decide)
1) Big Ryona.
True. It could still be an action game while having a heavier focus on relationships and interactivity. The series always had a Visual Novel flair with the cutscenes, so why no push that even further? Nothing wrong with adding more interactivity if that won't be the main focus.

Yeah, it will probably be a while until we get more solid news or gameplay for it since it just started development. Takaki's research better not come to a waste. Most pudding. :trolll:

Also, you must have a thing for giantesses. :troll:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
My theory is that it's actually a cooking game where you make flan, pudding and other dessert stuffs. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My theory is that it's actually a cooking game where you make flan, pudding and other dessert stuffs. :troll:
In other words, Cooking Mama will have no choice but to be a guest character.

Come on, you know that she's got it going on. :troll:

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
In other words, Cooking Mama will have no choice but to be a guest character.

Come on, you know that she's got it going on. :troll:
Does SK already have a cook/chef character that fights with cooking utensils? If not she could indeed make for an interesting guest. :troll:

Now I'm trying to imagine Cooking Mama in SK's artstyle, but with the same face. It's weird...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Does SK already have a cook/chef character that fights with cooking utensils? If not she could indeed make for an interesting guest. :troll:

Now I'm trying to imagine Cooking Mama in SK's artstyle, but with the same face. It's weird...
I'm not that knowledgeable on most of New Wave's cast, so I wouldn't know. I do however remember that there is an artist that use giant brushes and Souji.

Yeah, Mama would look weird unless they make her face more anime and less cartoony. Seeing that with the same face would be more creepy than cute. *shudders*

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Everyone's talking about Cooling Mama for Senran Kagura while here I am still in shock that Super ****ing Sonico is in Peach Beach Splash.

Now all we need is Miku Hatsune and my life is complete.

Oh wait, because of recent attempts at censorship in Project Diva and the creators having to keep her a pure character for the hardcore fans, that dream is dead. :(

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I've seen this series before being played at my locals sometimes. Also you guys made me do some research on this character and series XD (I never played it before, though I am a fan of beat em ups).

I've seen some gameplay vids. I don't see Asuka having a chance at making it into a Smash and no it's not because of fanservice issues (I mean we DO have Bayo in this game so that cant really be used as a excuse).

The reason is that I don't see what Asuka brings to smash that other characters haven't already.

Air combos? Bayo has those and also reps the action genre like our ninja here.
Ninjas? We have Greninja and Sheik

What will she do that Bayonetta doesn't? Besides doing ninja things that two other characters already represents?

Don't get me wrong though, Asuka looks cool and wouldn't be mad at all if she did made it in. Maybe one day I'll try her games. I can get behind this and support it. She would be a good inclusion despite her chances.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Asuka looks pretty cool. She has my support.
Nice. I'll definitely do the honors.

She sure is cool whenever she's put in a moment that involves deepening her ninja way or fighting for her friends. More than enough of a reason why we need a Deep Crimson follow up.

I've seen this series before being played at my locals sometimes. Also you guys made me do some research on this character and series XD (I never played it before, though I am a fan of beat em ups).

I've seen some gameplay vids. I don't see Asuka having a chance at making it into a Smash and no it's not because of fanservice issues (I mean we DO have Bayo in this game so that cant really be used as a excuse).

The reason is that I don't see what Asuka brings to smash that other characters haven't already.

Air combos? Bayo has those and also reps the action genre like our ninja here.
Ninjas? We have Greninja and Sheik

What will she do that Bayonetta doesn't? Besides doing ninja things that two other characters already represents?

Don't get me wrong though, Asuka looks cool and wouldn't be mad at all if she did made it in. Maybe one day I'll try her games. I can get behind this and support it. She would be a good inclusion despite her chances.
That's fine, you aren't wrong mate. She's definitely suffers from being one of the more basic characters in the series compared to other characters (especially Yumi and Katsuragi). Truth be told that we already have Sheik and Greninja covering that ninja theme before her or Bayonetta being that combo heavy character either. She definitely need some standout factors that would make her unique than those two factors.

One interesting mechanic that can be bought to the table, that might be unlikely to include in Smash would definitely be the clothing damage mechanic. She can be strong or durable depending on her attire (The basic Hanzo clothing for her default stats, Shinobi Transformation for more durability and strength, and Frenzy Mode for far more strength at the cost of losing health and durability). The real problem comes from having to translate that into Smash without it really messing with the rating. She basically wears her bikini under her clothing (which Frenzy Mode strips off to reveal from her excess power). When trophies like Wonder Pink or Palutena had to be censored in the Japanese release, it's pretty likely that her bikini would be considered alarming for an A rating in Japan. However, there are plenty of PEGI +12 and E+10 games in the West that still had bikinis or similar revealing outfits (especially Super Swing Golf and select 3DS/DS RPGs). Though rating standards have changed for those regions, possibly making it difficult to transfer Senran Kagura's trademark transformations/clothing damage in Smash.

And that is true. She certainly would be a fun character to have in Smash despite her background and pretty low chances as far as third parties go. The series started its life on a Nintendo platform before its move to PlayStation because the need for advancing the series with HD and gimmicks. I'm quite excited myself that we are getting a Nintendo exclusive series again. And what gameplay videos did you see, the ones from the PlayStation or the Nintendo exclusive titles.

Top Bottom