• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hancock

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Just came back from seeing this movie, and surprisingly I really enjoyed it. It had an abrupt tone change in the middle of the movie that jarred it, but it worked itself out. I usually have a pretty high standard for movies, but I still thought this was great.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I thought the movie sucked. They ruined it when
they gave the guys wife superpowers

The only way it could have saved itself was by
killing off Hancock and that guys wife. They were both pretty much dead towards the end anyway

It really, really, was stupid. It could have been a great movie, but then it has to go an ruin itself with a stupid plot.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
How is Jason Bateman?
I thought he was great. Kind of same role as in Arrested Development

I thought the movie sucked. They ruined it when
they gave the guys wife superpowers

The only way it could have saved itself was by
killing off Hancock and that guys wife. They were both pretty much dead towards the end anyway

It really, really, was stupid. It could have been a great movie, but then it has to go an ruin itself with a stupid plot.
I agree that what you're talking about was dumb, but I didn't feel like it killed the movie. I enjoyed it anyways

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I gave the movie a 3.5 out of 5 because the entire time I felt like it was missing something.

Skylar, you must have been blind if you didn't see
Mary having the same powers as he did. They hinted the ENTIRE time they knew each other before.

I realized what the movie lacked was a true villain.
Red was good as a mastermind type thing, ala Lex Luther, but what should have worked better was have him kidnap Mary's son, THEN reveal to Hancock she was like him and order her to kill Hancock or he kills the son. It would have created at least some true villain for Hancock and make the possible death by shooting a lot more satisfying, instead of a random robber shooting him.

The film was pretty good overall though, and I have to say that surprised me. Bateman and Smith worked really well together, and I wouldn't mind seeing them in other movies.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I, actually, think that instead
they should of added some other sort of Super hero that hated Hancock for some reason, maybe from something in the past, then have them fight. During the fight, they'd both become more mortal, so they start out superman like and end up just brawling each other.

edit: and I didn't see
that she had super powers at all, I just thought that her and Hancock had some old sort of fling and that it was the reason he was so depressed

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This movie reminds me a lot like Be Kind Rewind. It had so much potential, but then it ruins it with a plot twist that takes away everything funny.

When I saw the previews, I wasn't expecting something this serious. Yeah it's a superhero movie, so there would be serious stuff. But, they ruined it. They made it to serious and didn't put enough into trying to make in funny.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
The twist wasn't as good as it could have been (either alternative that Eor or CK suggested would have worked better), but it was still a fun movie to watch. It's not a cinematic masterpiece, but I would certainly recommend it to others as a movie worth watching.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Will Smith heightened my expectations, but its not his fault Hancock didn't satisfy them. I was looking forward to a comedy of sorts, however, I only got that impression half way through the movie. From the twist on out, it just wasn't the same. Like others said, there were a few things they could have built on from that very awkward revelation. Its disappointing nothing substantive materialized. Ok movie, but its missing a few parts and was running on fumes down the stretch.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I heard the movie went through several re-writes, and it sounds like that screwed it up. I think that the comedy part was great, and the drama part was great (minus the twist), but that the change was way too abrupt and surprising.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Hahah little Jason Vorheese got punk'd lol. But i always knew
the wife had superpowers, and from when captain hook or whatever, i assumed he had powers as well, but didn't.
Would have been nice to see a sequel.

Wanted is still badass though.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
I think the movie was great. They could have had a true villain. hopefully if there is a second one, something could happen where since the cycle was broken (of Will Smith forgetting stuff) some other "angels" could be "reborn." How did he draw a heart on the moon?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If there is a sequel, it'll suck. The movie was good as it was. A sequel would just over elaborate and try to do whatever it can to sell the namesake.

Zero

Smash Hero
I saw it and had a burning question in my mind. How does Mary wear earrings if her skin is unpiercable?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I saw it and had a burning question in my mind. How does Mary wear earrings if her skin is unpiercable?
LOL

I really enjoyed the movie but mostly because it was Will Smith. He's only made one mistake in his acting career. T__T

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I personally loved the movie. I went to the movies twice to see it, and I've never done that before. But I wanted more story as to
how they are "gods or angels." I wanted to see stuff from thousands of years ago when they where alive and more "gods" were around. A part of me still feels empty. I need more story.
I don't want a sequel though, that would ruin it.
I also loved the easter egg bit in the middle of the credits. The was funny.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Again,
when did it say they were "angels"? If I remember correctly, she said that different cultures referred to them as different things; this doesn't mean that they really were "gods" or "angels", only that because of their superhuman abilities, people saw them as gods or angels.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
It never says "they're angels"...
in one clip when she goes to his trailer thing and he asks "who are we" she says "we're gods angels" than she goes on to talk about what you mentioned.

iredecent

Smash Cadet
i thoght it was well done, because it was funny and of course it had Will Smith, who has the uncanny ability to really bring a croud into a character. But it was missing somthing, not sure, but i feel like it was explantion on key points in the movie. still funny though

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
I bought a pirated copy in China but haven't seen it yet. (I didn't bring my laptop XD)

Hope it's as good as people say.

--The MOP

Top Bottom