• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

halp

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
i r ned mah woof rated.

Seriously though, I finally grew some balls and decided to put some vids of my Wolf up. Enjoy. I apologize about the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixEPcX9wVE - I got lucky, that Snake is really way better than me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWxUr7HLkU8 - Vs Metaknight. SDs Ftw, cool guy, smart player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVS6wPJGQtA - vs Link. Yeah, lol @ beginning, I suck haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prpy5QWAEO4 - vs Pikachu. Get *****. My excuse for losing this one: "Omg I have the momentum and I'm gonna do 100% in 5 seconds while he can't get a Dsmash on me!" -.-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgDJAt20RRM - Wolf dittos are so FUN! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1GpLd45Q8I - This was for you Ether <3 xD My Snake sucks, I still needa get way better with him.

Take it for what you will.

ALso, I'm not making fun of people who ask for ratings. I'm making fun of people who actually talk like that.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
First 2 vids
So far i havent seen any tilts =/ Wolf has good tilts, you should throw them into your game for damaging more to keep your smashes fresh for killing. Your fsmash is getting punished too often and should instead be used to punish people. You up b'd once onto the stage, doing so is crazy punishable. However your crossover game is pretty good and you don't seem to have too much trouble getting KO's. Your dsmash is pretty accurate for the sweetspot and as long as you save it you'll be able to KO even better =)

3rd vid
still no tilts. you up b'd while you were above the stage, it didnt really cost you anything but it was kinda weird xD. You should use bair to edge guard more so than fair. You could have finished off the link when he up b'd onto the platform had you done so. You rolled a lot against him too, or at least at certain points. I catch myself doing the roll forward, roll backward ordeal sometimes, if that happens you just never should have rolled forward. also, you blaster'd at like point blank once, there are better options. yay @ the shined aerial btw ^^

4th vid.
-woot an utilt
oh wow get *****, lol. you either need not to play wolf against pika or learn this match up better. SDI out of that dsmash always!Theres no reason to take that extra dmg. You got out the 2nd time, but if i was that pika i would have been dsmashing all day until you start SDI'ing out of it. Pika's punish game really shined here, you need to smash less. Sure you want to kill that pest but gotta take it in small steps. learn that match up ^^

5th vid
-ftilt ^^ (though you shouldve fsmashed, lol)
mmm, this match was full of questionable gimps and bad decisions. try not to charge smashes in hopes of people running into them even if they do.

Overall:

Good Things =)
-Good lazor game
-Decent punish game
-Good aerial game with bairs and fairs
-Pretty good use of SHADs though sometimes they were a bit numerous, lol
-Your recovery got a bit repetitive, but was pretty good

Things to work on
-TILTS
-Don't Up B on stage.
-Sometimes you punished with just jabs
-Jab canceling can be your friend, such as jabbing into tilts
-Reflector usage: you used it very lil to counter aerials, use it more in the same way
-Charging smashes: your choice in when you use them is weird. its like you expect your opponent to run into them, which does happen sometimes.
-Speaking of smashes, save your dsmash if you plan on KOing with it
-Overuse of Dair i feel, and no uair?!?
-In general play a little safer. You over commit a lot and that gets you in trouble.

Work on all this and you'll reck that/those guy(s) =)

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Wolf's tilts are crap. Utilt = Laggy, Dtilt = laggy (If it had IASA frames it'd be so much better) and Ftilt is... don't hit shields. Majority of the Up Bs on stage where intentional (Mixup or due to opponent being on ledge...) Except for against the Link player, the footstool was unexpected, and I jumped WAY higher than intended.

What's wrong with punishing with just jabs? It refreshes 3 moves, and puts your opponent in a disadvantaged situation. It also outspeeds the vast majority of crap. And usually I don't jab cancel (even though I kinda did, I dunno why), when I hit with the first jab, I'm going with the guaranteed combo instead of the maybe things.

Reflector - Eh, wouldn't hurt. Though reflector can be really punishable if you mess up. Most often people will shield it and grab.

Charging Smashes - Dsmash I charge when I'm expecting the Airdodge/Spotdodge. Fsmash... is weird. If you time it right, you can manage to get people for airdodging. But good players like the Snake figured out that if you attack instead of airdodge... I get hit D= Other instances like against the Metaknight I was hoping the Fsmash would force him onto the ledge (Thus making it safe for me), so yeah, I'm still figuring out a lot of crap about what's punishable and what isn't. Especially with Fsmash. It works wonders if you predict right.

Dair is easier to hit with (at least on a grounded opponent) than with Uair. Plus Dair doesn't send them as high, so your opponent tends to airdodge (Free grab/Dsmash/whatever)

I do commit to crap a lot O_O Oh wellz, something to work on.

Oh and SHAD - that's bad, I do a lot less of it now. It's very punishable.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I punish with jabs too sometimes, it's not bad, and personally puts your opponent in a worse position than fsmash. Nice job with the charging in general, but you should focus a little more on punishing IMO. If your opponent airdodges after getting hit by a grounded dair, usmash their face :) Very liberal use of dsmash, but that's not necessarily bad. Also, it looks like you airdodge mostly for momentum cancel, or whenever you get hit, and that's a bad habit because it can cause things like your first stock against the MK/pika (AD past the ledge) or your opponent ****** you when you come out.

Against the snake, really work on getting him offstage more, and then don't ever stop the pressure. Don't use blaster so close, either: if he PS's, you're getting a good ftilt to the face. Against MK, lrn2DI shuttle loop to avoid likely gimps, and also DI for his dthrow at lower %s, but not bad overall. Not much to say about the rest, just play smnarter, and all that other advice you like to tell people lol.

:059:

Top Bottom