• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ignore my above posts, I decided to fake a restriction.

Hamlet.

Dead. But how? How did none of the crowd witness?

The figure quietly spun the pen in his hand, the ink gently flicking onto the parchment laid on the ancient oak table. Gnarled wooden arms stretched around him as if to hold him in place, trap him in the solitude of darkness. Riddles abound and mysteries afoot, the figure could not help but feel a little regret he was not required to be the puppet master, the king of deceit, the jester of devilry.

Old rivals seemed to surface with regularity, two in particular, erupting in to the game with little force and even less vigour. Wearing the mask of pressure, the veil of logic, the semblance of Cello. Yet amongst the old faces some sparked curiosity, new meat for grinder, fresh young faces full hope of hope determination - soon to pass.

The figure flexed his arm as if to write, but paused. Thinking. He would wait to see if the new sheep would introduce themselves, giving a synopsis of their life and playstyle. Yes, this would be informative. Already one step ahead of the others, the figure settled back into his wooden embrace.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Joey, where is my rap?
Second post and that's all you say?

Come on guys. Try to contribute and help us get out of RVS.

Questions for everyone:

• Policy lynch?
  • LAL? (Lurker/Lyer)
  • RVS, or RQS?
  • Walls, or one liners?
  • Lurking, or active posting?
  • Draw a night kill, or catch scum?
  • Who in the playerlist is hardest to read?
  • Who in the playerlist is easiest to read?
  • Wagon along, or create your own?
  • Do you have a rival in this game?
  • If so, who?
  • Do you trust people easily, or do you have a hard time trusting others?
  • You are told you must offer handholding. Who would be your picks?
  • Thoughts on new names you have seen in the playerlist? (As in, have you seen their play to meta them, or heard stories about them?)

Disclaimer: If you refuse to answer these questions, please explain why, and contribute a method to escaping the RVS yourself.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Here are my answers. I put it in spoilerbox for you guys so it doesn't clutter the thread, I suggest you do the same.

Policy lynch?

No, I feel no need to PL anyone in this playerlist.

LAL? (Lurker/Lyer)

Lurker lynch, possible if this town becomes a lurker town. Liar lynch I wouldn’t do, unless it was a big lie that had all the wrong intentions (scum fake claiming a guilty)

RVS, or RQS?

I prefer RVS over RQS. Solely because I vote people to get reactions. Others (Like July) might just RVS to goof around or just to vote someone they know wouldn’t react to their vote (as a safe vote in RVS)

Walls, or one liners?

Either or is fine, just as long as the content itself is good, and not fluff.

Lurking, or active posting?

Active posting. I will call anyone out for lurking.

Draw a night kill, or catch scum?

Both are good. I’d rather catch scum first before drawing a nk.

Who in the playerlist is hardest to read?

I guess J. I remember reading him very wrong in Pulp Fiction. Others are Gova, July, Soup, etc. Gova because he kinda gets nitpicky and doesn’t exactly scumhunt as much, and lurks. July because she lurks and generally wagons and is a bit stubborn at times. I at times see her stubbornness as a mask over her intentions, so I always keep an eye on her. Soup because he is generally balls to the walls crazy (I did not steal that pun from anyone btw ;p ).

Who in the playerlist is easiest to read?

I don’t know. Maybe Shadow Moth. He was generally easy to read in K v D after a while.

Wagon along, or create your own?

Either or. I find this to be situational. I’d wagon along to either A) solidify my read on a weak read or B) sheep a obv town read when I am out of leads (even though it doesn’t help others get a read on me) If I find scumminess, I’ll create a wagon. I like both methods.

Do you have a rival in this game?

I don’t think so. Maybe I’ll get one.

If so, who?

N/A

Do you trust people easily, or do you have a hard time trusting others?

I’m not so trusting. I’m the kind of person who likes to read contracts before signing. So if you throw me an idea, I will think about it. Keep in mind that I am open to suggestions, but I will ultimately use my best judgement.

You are told you must offer handholding. Who would be your picks?

Sworddancer and Red Ryu. SwordDancer because I feel he is easy to read and would be a good ally, as would RR because I have hydrad with him before so I’m sure we could understand each other a bit more than usual. July’s an exception, we have hydrad a ton but I’d rather try to read her first before handing out my hand.

Thoughts on new names you have seen in the playerlist?

(As in, have you seen their play to meta them, or heard stories about them?) Yeah. Sangfroid and TC are the newest to me. Sangfroid I saw a few bits of her play in Newb 13. I didn’t find her to be scummy, so hopefully she’ll be as easy to read as she was there. TC I have seen her play, but I can’t say anything because it doesn’t actually exist. Everyone I have played with before. Didn’t hear stories of either one.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Besides the mod. :c Plz answer my questions :bee:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@ran's questions

don't believe in them
neither
RVS
quality is better than quanity.
speak up when you need to, don't flood the thread.
catch scum.
nobody
you
create own, wagon along if mine fails and agree with it.
yes
my ability to stay active, and ku
you have to gain my trust and i will trust you.
Kuz, Jerkus.
hi clownbot

asianaussie

Smash Hero
sure, i have nothing else to do

• Policy lynch?
    bit early for that
  • LAL? (Lurker/Lyer)
    atm lurker, probably will change if the opportunity arises
  • RVS, or RQS?
    dunno what this means
    ok i googled it, probably the latter
  • Walls, or one liners?
    neither, succinct paragraphs
    obviously the latter, mild levels of activity aren't too bad either
    if i interpreted it right, this is an arbitary question with an obvious answer
    gova? dunno tbh
    probably soup or me
    depends on mood
    dunno
    the first option by an overwhelming amount
    uh...acrostic
  • Thoughts on new names you have seen in the playerlist? (As in, have you seen their play to meta them, or heard stories about them?)
    nothing to add tbh

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

Policy lynch?
Bleck

LAL? (Lurker/Lyer)
Bleck

RVS, or RQS?
Bleck

Walls, or one liners?
Bleck

Lurking, or active posting?
Bleck

Draw a night kill, or catch scum?
Bleck

Who in the playerlist is hardest to read?
Bleck

Who in the playerlist is easiest to read?
Bleck

Wagon along, or create your own?
Bleck

Do you have a rival in this game?
Bleck

If so, who?
Bleck

Do you trust people easily, or do you have a hard time trusting others?
Bleck

You are told you must offer handholding. Who would be your picks?
Bleck

Thoughts on new names you have seen in the playerlist? (As in, have you seen their play to meta them, or heard stories about them?)
Bleck

:172:

July

Smash Apprentice
Ran's questions:

• Policy lynch? No
  • LAL? (Lurker/Lyer) Neither
  • RVS, or RQS? RVS
  • Walls, or one liners? Walls
  • Lurking, or active posting? Lurky usually but I like active posting
  • Draw a night kill, or catch scum? Depends on the situation
  • Who in the playerlist is hardest to read? J
  • Who in the playerlist is easiest to read? Ran
  • Wagon along, or create your own? Situational: I will start my own
    wagon if I feel its necessary but if I agree with a pre-existing wagon I will wagon along
  • Do you have a rival in this game? Don't think so
  • If so, who? N/A
  • Do you trust people easily, or do you have a hard time trusting others? Depends on the person
  • You are told you must offer handholding. Who would be your picks? J and maybe Joey
  • Thoughts on new names you have seen in the playerlist? There are a couple people I have never played with, heard of everyone on the player list though

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
[collapse=ran's questions]
  • Policy lynch? Nope.
  • LAL? (Lurker/Lyer) Neither. If I had to chose, lurker because they're not doing anything whatsoever for the town.
  • RVS, or RQS? RVS.
  • Walls, or one liners? I don't care as long as they have content, although I slightly prefer walls.
  • Lurking, or active posting? Active posting when I can.
  • Draw a night kill, or catch scum? What? Um... catch scum.
  • Who in the playerlist is hardest to read? No idea.
  • Who in the playerlist is easiest to read? No idea.
  • Wagon along, or create your own? Create my own.
  • Do you have a rival in this game? I don't think so.
  • If so, who? N/A
  • Do you trust people easily, or do you have a hard time trusting others? It all depends. I usually start off having a really hard time trusting people but as the game goes on I trust them way too much. It also depends on the person and how they play.
  • You are told you must offer handholding. Who would be your picks? J. I haven't really played any full games with anyone else yet and I don't really trust Acrostic (no offense, it's just hard reading you, especially from NewbieXIII)
  • Thoughts on new names you have seen in the playerlist? (As in, have you seen their play to meta them, or heard stories about them?) I recognize every name but that's just because I read a lot of games on here. I've played with only a few of them before.
[/collapse]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thanks Joey! : D

Red Ryu, thank you for your opinion. I expect you to contribute in some other way though.

But, can you explain why you have no answer to some questions? (Like, the ones relating to other players in this game)

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Nah I doubt it. I'm not that great myself. :p

Haha. Read newbie and my mistake. Depending on the lie, I don't think it's that much of a scum tell. If it's a lie about their reads and about their alignment or something bigger then, yeah, it could be scumtell. But if it's some little lie/mistake I'm gonna try not to hold it against them. Yourself?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
like you said, situational

definitely places where lying is acceptable, but if it's not an obvious lie then its often a scumtell

looking forward to playing with you :)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

Questions for everyone:

• Policy lynch? - No.
  • LAL? (Lurker/Lyer) - No.
  • RVS, or RQS? - I don't like either, but I prefer RQS over RVS.
  • Walls, or one liners? - Walls.
  • Lurking, or active posting? - Obviously I prefer active posting. I'm an active poster when I care about mafia or when I'm in the mood to play/not playing anything else.
  • Draw a night kill, or catch scum? - I'm not good enough to do either.
  • Who in the playerlist is hardest to read? - Eh... a lot of people... Soup, Ran, Ryker/Kuz, Swiss, Gova, July. Not in any order.
  • Who in the playerlist is easiest to read? - J or Shadow Moth probably.
  • Wagon along, or create your own? - Neither. I may follow a wagon with good reasons that I've stated and that I agree with, but thats it. I vote who I think is scummy.
  • Do you have a rival in this game? - Ehh. Not really.
  • If so, who? - Bleck
  • Do you trust people easily, or do you have a hard time trusting others? - I go with my heart more than my mind, so I easily trust people.
  • You are told you must offer handholding. Who would be your picks? - J, July, EBR, Ranmaru, or Acrostic.
  • Thoughts on new names you have seen in the playerlist? (As in, have you seen their play to meta them, or heard stories about them?) - Excited to play with Acrostic and Sang! :)

:172:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
[collapse=Answers!]
  • Policy lynch?
    Nah, PLs are silly.
  • LAL? (Lurker/Lyer)
    Dependant on who and what type of lie. Really scenario based.
  • RVS, or RQS?
    Uhm I love RQS and RVS doesn't really do much for me so yeah, RQS.
  • Walls, or one liners?
    Haha doesn't matter imo. People can post walls/one-liners.
    Love to active post but this game I may be lurking a bit simply due to busy life. Once again, it's dependant on things.
    I love drawing the night kill =L. However seeing your scum-pick flip scum is sooooo satisfying.
    Soupa or DH simply because I can never tell if they are actually town beneath a lot of things. >_<" Or July, she is confusing cuz she's really good haha.
    EBR/Joey/SM
    Usually I create my own but lately, I've coming to be more going with the flow.
    Yes.
  • If so, who?
    Only one I would say is probably the Kuzi-side since Zen left. Sang too cuz of IRL shenanigans!
    Yuuup I do trust people easily but I sometimes waffle on that too. More trusting then not.
    Joey/July def in a heartbeat. Sang would be fun but never tried it before (she always wants to kill me! Grah haha). Gova cuz we make an awesome team. RR cuz he's a cool dude in himself.
    This is actually the first game in a bit where I have actually played(or am playing) with everyone on the player list. So no new names for me. :p
[/collapse]

Erupting Burning RYKERRR!!!

th3kuzinator|Ryker
Kuz has agreed to pick up the slack in this game while I can't be as active as usual. Which means I didn't ask him, but know he should be good for it.

Swiss, please stay as active as time travelers at least and we'll run back RF soon.
J, if you're indy, replace out.
TCat, be obv town. It's been too long since I've played a game like WK and Oba's Exam game maybe this time, the dumb *** town that's left alive after we're dead won't lynch the damn moderator over the confirmed scum. We should've won that game.
Everyone else, you're not worth my limited time.

@Questions I Remember -

People are calling Moth easiest to read and I feel he's being heavily underestimated when compared to the rest of this cast. The entire playerlist is pretty easy to read.

Only ones even kinda difficult to read are Swiss and TCat. Other than him calling someone the "hardest to read" is like calling Moth "manliest" when compared to Joey and J.

The only player I would hold hands with is Kuz.

refuse to yield a further answer and probably won't answer anything else in that set because it's a bunch of theory related BS that leads to arguments based on your own mafia philosophy that can falsely incriminate someone. I'm voting whoever the OP is.

th3kuzinator|Ryker
Second post and that's all you say?

Come on guys. Try to contribute and help us get out of RVS.

Questions for everyone:

• Policy lynch?
  • LAL? (Lurker/Lyer)
  • RVS, or RQS?
  • Walls, or one liners?
  • If so, who?
Disclaimer: If you refuse to answer these questions, please explain why, and contribute a method to escaping the RVS yourself.
Figures.

Vote Ran

I will probably be tunneling him all phase and offering my own lynch if I'm wrong about him. It feels right with this avatar.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So what's the problem with that? RVS is about people voting people. Then squablles occur, which happen to be arguments, and then, viola, we emerge from the RVS.

That was the purpose.

Plus, half was theory, the other half was about the playerlist, or getting reads on other people, etc. Those are good things to talk about.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
And I am not underestimating Moth. He Seems easy to read, I'm not underestimating his ability to play the game.

Ok, so how about the question about people you haven't played with before?

th3kuzinator|Ryker
So what's the problem with that? RVS is about people voting people. Then squablles occur, which happen to be arguments, and then, viola, we emerge from the RVS.

That was the purpose.

Plus, half was theory, the other half was about the playerlist, or getting reads on other people, etc. Those are good things to talk about.
It promotes rampant theory discussion and conflicts completely based off of clashes in mafia creed. It is not the right kind of conflict at all. It's also the only thing that will be widely discussed if your topic takes hold which I do not intend to let it do. This is why I'm voting you. Your manuever is anti-town and I think it is one that a mafia scummate told you to do. Most likely Swiss or J. I do not think you came up with it on your own.

Why are those good things to talk about? How does knowing who I am wary of and who I am not help you get a read on me? There is no stance there. There is no substance. It's all a big pot of null, so don't try and pass it off as more than that.

And I am not underestimating Moth. He Seems easy to read, I'm not underestimating his ability to play the game.

Ok, so how about the question about people you haven't played with before?
Writing him off as easy to read allows yourself to be more easily swayed on less information. It takes a lot less for me to clear you than it does for me to clear Swiss. I think that writing Moth off is a bad plan for a townie.

I've played with everyone on this playerlist in at least one completed game. What do you gain from asking that question?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Of course I have come up with it on my own. I have done this before. (And gotten lynched for it) Not in the same degree, but I thought it would be a good thing to get some RQS going since the content level was already so low. You can see me trying to create discussion earlier with Circus, but no cigar. I have seen discussion about RQS, so I tried to keep it to mafia theory/reads/thoughts on other players.

You say it's the only thing that would be discussed, sure. But there was very little already being discussed. I wouldn't intend for there to be just theory discussion all dai erry dai, I just want RVS's cherry to be popped.

Knowing that could help with knowing who you might pay attention to in this game. (The hardest to read) Knowing who you can read easily would also help with knowing how you can handle that person with ease. It's the RVS. There's little to be said anyways, so I don't find it a problem to ask these. It get's discussion going, simple as that.

Well that was not my intention. Regardless, I'm interested in why it is bad for a townie to say that. I see people asking "Can you read this guy dude?", so I don't see how saying I can read a person is bad.

I think giving thoughts on players you haven't played before would be good in forcing out thoughts on a person earlier (Possibly strengthen a scum connection later on was my intention for this one). Did I get a stance? Not really. Did I get a read?

Possibly. I did like the interaction between Sang and AA. I didn't like Red Ryu refusing to answer yet not contributing anything at all regardless (as I have addressed) That's it. I liked what Circus said earlier on. That's all I got.

I do not think it's Anti-town. In fact I believe it is protown, because it even caused one person to put out a stance. I am not sitting around letting RVS take it's time. :glare:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Actually i think it's all really rather null. Dunno what you got from me and sang lol, all I did was ask her a really generic question...basically what you were doing, only more for personal interest than for town intent.

Swiss

Smash Lord
The figure squinted through the murky darkness, lost in the amnesia of his past, the fog of the charade.

Did the one who calls himself Ranmaru drag us out of RVS in order to cast us into RQS? Foul things afoot, why did Eruption say naught and merely try to emphasise his prescence? Suspicious.

Faking restrictions is dumb.

Vote: Swiss
Shudder.

A cold chill ascended the figure's spine, icy hands clawed out as if to part flesh from bone.

Why did this Moth, this flea of contempt, attack him so? Why echo the words of a clown before him? A clown known to be sour and sultry over his mistreatment at the hands of the figure. Mischief.

Vote: Shadow Moth

I may be blind, yet my eyes see all
I may be crippled, but I still stand tall

The figure was peturbed at the lack of information flowing. Why so little?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see no wrong with RVS + RQS. Double the info in my pov.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You can see me trying to create discussion earlier with Circus, but no cigar.

I am not sitting around letting RVS take it's time. :glare:
Yet you make no inference, no assumption 'nor debate from his refusal, rebuttal, denial of conversation.

Alas, you are sitting arouund, letting RQS take it's time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well I don't know what to say about that. I don't know if he's been online to post in here or not. ;-; I would have liked to continue the convo.

I do not think RQS is taking it's time. I think everyone else is. :c

Vote: Travelling Cat

Sup with you. I have seen you view more than once. I'd like some input.

And Red Ryu.

#HBC | ѕoup

The talk between Sang and AA read to me as obv town, or just really cute.

EBR's vote on Ranmaru and his explanation for voting him is warranted for their own reasons, however, ranmaru is using this in a pro-town manner AND using this strategy used by a player who was town in the game he is using it from, i should know because i lurk his MS games.

vote on TCat makes me want to puke however, but i'm just gonna get myself a paper bag.

SMoth could be scum, hasn't spoken up yet, i'm fine with swissai's vote on him.

that's about it.

Vote: Jerkus

#HBC | ѕoup

Jerkus, where you at man? i'm not retracting my vote until you get here :c

#HBC | ѕoup

Also, ranmaru, tell me what you personally got out of everyone answering those questions, and what you intend to do with them, for me they are Null besides RQS never mattered to me, but i can see you being that type of person, tell me what you have gotten from people answering your questions so far, and why you haven't acted on them, and instead vote someone who isn't here.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 1-2

10/18 to lynch.

Ranmaru [3]: Acrostic, July, EBR!
Swiss [2]: Sworddancer, Shadow Moth
Circus [2]: J, Soupamario
Shadow Moth [2]: Joey, Swiss
Joey [1]: Red Ryu
Acrostic [1]: Gova
Soupamario [1]: asianaussie
J [1]: SangfroidWarrior
SangfroidWarrior [1]: Circus
traveling cat [1]: Ranmaru

Not voting: Raziek, Dark Horse, traveling cat

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Swiss > Shadow Moth
Joey > Shadow Moth
Gova > Acrostic
Acrostic > Ranmaru
Circus > SangfroidWarrior
Raziek
Red Ryu > Joey
July > Ranmaru
EBR! > Ranmaru
Dark Horse
Soupamario > EBR! > Circus
Sworddancer > Swiss
Ranmaru > traveling cat > traveling cat
J > Circus
asianaussie > Soupamario
Shadow Moth > Joey > Swiss
SangfroidWarrior > J
traveling cat
[/collapse]
[collapse=Edit Log]Edit 1: Added the note at the bottom.
[/collapse]
Note: I will count votes for commonly held nicknames of players in this game, since that showcases an intent to vote that nicknamed player.

Top Bottom