• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall Of Fame

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Well for those people who have wonder what D.A has been up to for all these yrs and what not everyone take a look at the link that i am about to give to you its the dawn of a new era people the return of D.A. This link sends you too our site that has our latest content called " HALL OF FAME" IT's a section on our site dedicated to all the smashers that mastered thier characters and repped thier characters to the point that all the knew who they are and called them the best or one of the best with thier character(s) so with out further or due i bring to you the hall of fame: http://smashguardians.com/index.php?...=173&Itemid=28. Note that if anyone has any pictures of any of the players listed on the hall of fame just send DA and emial or emial me at: lewdawes@aol.com hope everyone enjoys peace.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Needz moar Bringer + Gabe imo. Wes, check your PMs, mang. ^_^

Velox

Smash Ace
Svampen is the only one who ever did anything with Yoshi. Gabe and Bringer did things, but less so when it comes to tournaments. Fumi was always an unknown.

D1

Banned via Administration
Svampen is the only one who ever did anything with Yoshi. Gabe and Bringer did things, but less so when it comes to tournaments. Fumi was always an unknown.
Gabe did less so when it came to tourneys? ??????

Wtf.

In my honest opinion best Yoshi is Gabe cuz he's the only one that made me take usmash to another level w/ Yoshi.

Other than that, I don't know much of Svampen except the hot vids of his PAL Yoshi...

...keyword PAL.

Yoshi's in Europe IMO have it easier than us NTSC Yoshis ANYDAY. Our U/Fsmashes don't kill at earlier percents than in the PAL Yo'sters.

Aanndddd Park is mad cool and nice w/ Yoshi but I've yet to add him to the Yoshi Hall of FAme.

WOWWW.

No beef...but seriously...I wouldn't even add myself to the hall of fame. Regardless of my skills w/ Yoshi.

Velox

Smash Ace
Woah, you totally went off on me dude, I knew I might have underrated Gabe in that post, but it's not like I'm etching that post in stone.

However, Svampen did do more in tournaments = undeniable.

Also, I know PAL Yoshi is better, I'm talking where Yoshi went in general. Fact is, Svampen took Yoshi to 4-5th in large European tournaments that were like our MLGs.

What did Gabe do (I'm not being a jerk, I'm actually wondering). I know he has beaten lots of good players, but when it comes to tournaments, every national tournament he's gone to he's done good at, but not amazing (for Yoshi yes though).

It is unarguable that Svampen's placings are better, however, your argument with me is a popular one, whether Europe is as good (comparable) to America, which I think Europe is very close.

So I guess both of our arguments would be unfounded?

Whenever Svampen was placing 4th-5th at major tournaments was the only time where I was like, "omg wow, with Yoshi?!?!?".

I guess Bringer has done better? But really no offense to Bringer, but I do think Australia is out of its league, even though I do think like Shaz and Bringer and I think 1 or 2 other guys are pretty good (comparable to America/Europe).

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If I can interject, I think that's a valid argument...

...if this were the "Best Yoshi" thread.

A Hall of Fame entry doesn't necessarily occur because of exceptional tournament placings. I'll be the first person to love all over Svampen (I've been a fan from the first time I saw his videos), but the concept here is a little different. As good as he is, his Yoshi isn't really that groundbreaking. He's really good. That's...about it. I'm not gonna go on with why I think the others I think should be there should be there (that just makes it seem like they're being pitted against each other), but I will say that in a "Hall of Fame" context, tournament placings should have very little bearing on the decisions about who to list.

That's what I think, at least.

Top Bottom