• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hacking Stage Files (SOLUTION!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
well I never made the stages, if i did, mine would look CRAZY AWESOME!, and be super glitchy

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
There was already a topic about this in the stages section. =P

But yeah more people will now notice this being here.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
I guess this is new.
Could you really rotate pieces with that? As far as I know, there is no mechanic like that in Brawl, so it'd be quite unlikely that seperate values exist when only one is supposed to be used.
Still, this is very nice, especially considering AR'll get blocked when it's out.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I seriously doubt you could rotate pieces, at least when hacking the stages is an early concept. because walls have a wall property, ceilings have a ceiling property, and floors have a floor property. I doubt that it was programmed for a wall to become a floor. if someone did that, then you would get VERY STRANGE PHYSICS (like wall jumping the ground, or standing on the ceiling). and since there is no property to rotate in the game itself, then you will most likely NEVER BE ABLE TO ROTATE PIECES WITH AR OR GECKO. and it would be very unlikely you could even do that anyway. But what is currently allowed to be done by usb gecko is to rotate any piece side to side, overlap any piece, have unlimited pieces, and basically remove any limitations the game makes in stage builder, you will however, be surprised how well game mechanics work with overlapped pieces, the only glitches i encountered in the stages the guy made was moving platform going up through objects, which just causes you to move straight though the objects, and not being much of a glitch a warp, and the other glitch was when the special pieces (the ones that take up way too much space than they should) are next to each other, just causing a up b between the openings to let you go through, even less major than the previous glitch.

Sariku

Smash Master
This looks great. Who is making these stages, and do they take requests? I wouldn't mind making a Melee Final Destination of freakin' awesome Sonic themed stages.

When will casual people be able to make them?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
The person who made the stages goes by "SCUPizzaBoy". Here is his own Forums where he goes by "The Pizza Boy": http://z11.invisionfree.com/SR388/index.php?act=idx . I found no info of him replying to requests made by users, despite the many made. He has only made like 6 and will try to make more soon (no request stages have been made).

Here, however, is one reply to a request I just found.

I'm a fan of simpler stages, too.

Now if you download one of these and put it on the SD card, do you need to have the hack active for them to work, or will they be fine on their own?
They run fine on their own.

I've gotten lots of requests for smaller stages, so I'll try my hands at some.
Here's the FAQ he made... (he might be on to rotation)
I'll update this as I get asked.

Do I need a modded/hacked Wii to play these levels?
No, you just need an SD card.

Can you make objects rotate a way they aren't suppose to?
Not at the moment. Maybe in the future.

Can these maps harm my Wii?
No.

Can I play these with the Wii 3.3 patch?
Yes.

If I edit your level will I have unlimited parts?
No.
Here are his updates on the stuff he's able to do (in order First to Last)

I managed to place objects so that they are outside the grid or not lined up with the grid. However, upon playing or saving the level the game forces them into the nearest 'correct' position.

I can now turn objects into other objects, but only ones that could already be placed on that level (or else the game freezes). A TON of other weird side effects occur as well, such as being able to fall through a block but not jump up through it.
I can now make the game think a large object is actually a small object. I can take a large block and make it think it is a small block, place it at the edge of the map, change its size to normal, and the block will be overlapping the grid edge. This is the only way I have found to make objects intersect the grid edge.

814E3558 contains a list of what every object is, its x and y, and its width and height.
Placing objects too far beyond the edge of the map can cause serious side effects such as:
The collision structure of the map breaking.
The object being moved to an almost random spot on the map.
The object disappearing.
The object becomes a distorted polygon.
Objects and players spawning in weird places.
Etc.

I am going to say that it will be a long time before we can place objects totally out of the map.
Tutorial, if you have USB Gecko (and Twilight princess for wii, and an sd card)

http://z11.invisionfree.com/SR388/index.php?showtopic=281

Pics (with any comments he made on them)

This was going to be more complex, but my wii froze and I lost a lot of work that I didn't feel like redoing.

A small block is off the map to the right.
The elevator moves through the ground. You can ride it up but not down.
The AI has trouble with this map (because of the elevator).

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
ok ok ok....let me get this strait.....

those stages are available for download onto an SD card right?

when your friend sends you a stage it says you cannot edit a stage you did not create.

but since we download these to an SD card it tricks the wii and thinks we made the stage?.

so then we should be able to go in and edit these hacked stages right? or will the game completely freeze and blow up? if it does let you edit will all the normal rules apply? or do we get to edit using hacked pieces safely?

im not testing (risking) it...so someone else try! :p

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
ok ok ok....let me get this strait.....

1. those stages are available for download onto an SD card right?

2. when your friend sends you a stage it says you cannot edit a stage you did not create.

3. but since we download these to an SD card it tricks the wii and thinks we made the stage?.

4. so then we should be able to go in and edit these hacked stages right? 5. or will the game completely freeze and blow up? 6. if it does let you edit will all the normal rules apply? 7. or do we get to edit using hacked pieces safely?

8. im not testing (risking) it...so someone else try! :p
Currently his forums are down, btw.

1. you can download the stages directly from here http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/stages/tag?tag=hack.

You put them in the "st" directory on a sd card
Root->private->wii->app->RSBE->st

put them in the wii, and you can play the stages

2. I think you can edit stages put on a sd card, just not ones friends send you over wifi.

3. Yes

4. Yes...

5. No, a stage can never hurt your wii EVER, or your game, or your sd card

6./7. ... But If you try to edit the stage, I think you can only remove pieces, as moving pieces will cause the game to think you're overlapping pieces, and you can't set it down. (another account said you can't leave the edit screen) not because the game froze, but you just need to exit the game, you don't even need to turn your system off, or unplug it.)

8. I've done it, the stages are fun. There is absolutely NO danger in putting these stages on your wii and playing or attempting to edit them

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
The guy's forum is down in case anyone was wondering. Although if you check the very first link, you can download 2 new stages he created.

anyway, to be more back on topic, please post some ideas of ways the goal of hacking stages could be accomplished.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
i'm not quite sure of that, but this should be brought to the attention of those able to decrypt and edit stages somehow, and hopefully someone will make it available for all

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
The first post is changed. also I posted the same thing right here:

It's Happening!

Someone broke the code for stage files, and people are working on a way to create a stage editor for the PC, which would also give you even more options when creating custom stages. here's the post that had the crack: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5061965#post5061965

so now you'll soon be able to make stages on your PC, without even Ocarina, or USB gecko, meaning making stages is completely FREE soon.

also the crack can be used to modify replays and pictures, but you can't do as much.

more info:
http://z11.invisionfree.com/The_Odd_Man_Out/index.php?showtopic=334

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065

Yea.. and I'm currently working on the Stage Builder for PC again.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well.. I'd really like to support multiplatform.
But since I don't own a Mac, it might be somewhat difficult~
Well, if you want someone who knows what they're doing and is currently porting the Code manager from Windows to Mac I'd think about contacting brkirch on the USB Gecko forums and see if you guys can work something out for us Mac users. :)

PizzaBoy

Smash Cadet
The guy's forum is down in case anyone was wondering. Although if you check the very first link, you can download 2 new stages he created.

anyway, to be more back on topic, please post some ideas of ways the goal of hacking stages could be accomplished.
My forum URL changed. We tried to change it before it became super popular, but seems we were a bit late.

http://s11.invisionfree.com/The_Odd_Man_Out

EDIT- oh, didn't read page two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom