• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hacking Brawl's Online Play

izic

Smash Cadet
Has anyone thought of hacking Brawl's WIFI to add things like a ranking system, a lobby, or even a way to reduce lag. Or is doing something like this impossible?

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Adding a ranking system or a lobby is something that'll never happen. I'm not so sure about reducing lag. Although I seriously doubt anything will happen.

We have a Q&A, you know.
You should've asked there than making a whole new thread about it.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
MikeKirby - The Q&A Police.

Lag reducing MIGHT be possible. I think i've seen a video on it.
Other than that I doubt any of that is possible. Just gotta wait for the next smash if there ever will be one.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Not possible. The only way big wifi hacks are possible is by editing packets which requires illegal hacking and offers limited options anyway.

Don't know if it's related to this thread, but since it involves hacking and online... does anyone know if it's possible to use any of the brawl hacks (+, -, etc) online?
I know this might be a stupid question, but the past few times I played online, before my Wii got broken, I played some weird matches... it was too speedy... contrary to the usual lag, everything would be like on turbo.. it definitely seemed like the other people were using a hack, but then again could be some reverse-lag thing from the wifi.
And in one of those sessions is that my Wii ****ed up, and now doesn't want to read any disc... so, coincidence? weird counter-lag thing? or actually people managed to play the hacked versions online against people using the normal disc, causing other systems to die?

awsomesauce

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if it's related to this thread, but since it involves hacking and online... does anyone know if it's possible to use any of the brawl hacks (+, -, etc) online?
I know this might be a stupid question, but the past few times I played online, before my Wii got broken, I played some weird matches... it was too speedy... contrary to the usual lag, everything would be like on turbo.. it definitely seemed like the other people were using a hack, but then again could be some reverse-lag thing from the wifi.
And in one of those sessions is that my Wii ****ed up, and now doesn't want to read any disc... so, coincidence? weird counter-lag thing? or actually people managed to play the hacked versions online against people using the normal disc, causing other systems to die?
Right before one of my wiis broke and could not read any discs, something similar happened to me. I was in a room during this past summer with a decent ike/ marth. Everything was going normal, a lot of noobs on basic and such. After awhile he started to gain my trust. The next thing I know we are at that one stage that is in adventure mode. It got to sudden death and the stage went black. I stayed for a bit of time then quit. I got some error message relating to the disc.
I don't know what happened but my one wii does not read discs anymore.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Right before one of my wiis broke and could not read any discs, something similar happened to me. I was in a room during this past summer with a decent ike/ marth. Everything was going normal, a lot of noobs on basic and such. After awhile he started to gain my trust. The next thing I know we are at that one stage that is in adventure mode. It got to sudden death and the stage went black. I stayed for a bit of time then quit. I got some error message relating to the disc.
I don't know what happened but my one wii does not read discs anymore.
What stage are you talking about? Do you mean the All-Star/Boss Battles rest area?

So I guess my Wii ****ed up because other people were actually playing with the hacked Brawl?

Ok, I'm never playing Brawl online again. I'll have to get my Wii fixed, it doesn't read any disc now.
I hate tourney***s and their need to "fix" games. This isn't PC gaming.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Your Wii won`t screw up because someone else has a hacked game.

It just doesn`t work like that.

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
So I guess my Wii ****ed up because other people were actually playing with the hacked Brawl?

Ok, I'm never playing Brawl online again. I'll have to get my Wii fixed, it doesn't read any disc now.
You're blaming your problem on competitive players for no reason. You can't even use gameplay changing hacks online without the other players also having the same hacks.

Are you 100% sure? because I was using the original Brawl disc, no hacks, and when I went online the game was glitchy as **** (or as "competitive" players would say, "more balanced").
Might be just a coincidence, but given the fact that other people also had the same problem, experiencing the same... I'm not sure. I *would* like to think it's not possible to play the hacked brawl online if you don't have it patched... I hope so.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
1. I've never been to a tourney, and 2. I prefer brawl. So lol, no. You better drop that mindset fast or you're gonna hate these boards. I usually don't talk like this but your post was seriously the most annoying one I've ever read.

Welcome to SWF, btw. Most people are nice.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman

The hacks like Brawl+ don't work on wifi. The only hacks that work are ones that do not directly affect gameplay. Also, I use hacks on wifi all the time and my opponents' Wiis never break. It's impossible to break someone's Wii over wifi, the worst you can do is freeze it.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Guess your Wii just probably over-heated or something. Something similar happened with an old gamecube I used to have. This one day it just didnt want to read discs anymore. One of the saddest days of my gaming career TT_TT. Until I got the Wii that is.....

Top Bottom