• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hacked Pokemon Tournaments/League?

highfive

Smash Lord
For those of you still left in the PC, has it ever crossed anyone's mind to actually create a League for Hacked Pokemon?

I'm not saying 999 attack Wingull or Wonder-Whatever, I'm saying hacked pokemon only hacked just to fix some faults and to have a viable moveset for competitive play? And maybe some more "dreamy" abilities (Illusion Porygon-Z is pretty fun just by itself in-game.) I'd really like to see what the community has to say about this.

And if in the event that it is accepted, what major faults would it have? What could be done to remedy this? What would you hate about it most? What would you like about it most? What abilities would be banned right off the bat? Would you participate in hacked tournaments if there were prizes like... wii points or gift cards?
-----------------------------

Banned Abilities and Reasons.

Huge Power- Pretty self explanatory, anything with a decent attack will become a walking atom bomb.

Moody- Meh. It seems more like it would be less helpful than it really is, but after just two turns, it could be a nightmare.

Regenerator- Kinda cheap if placed on Shuckle/Chansey/Miltank?, not really sure what else could benefit besides them

Sap Sipper- Could negate all damage to say... I don't know. Discuss?

Wonder Guard- Just about makes Eelektross untouchable with Magnet Rise. And Wondereyes in general.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The PC actually had something like this running on a personal online server at some point (with some community-created new Pokémon as well, I believe), though I can't recall where/what the thread was exactly.

I don't believe it's running anymore, though -- at least, it's not being actively worked on in the PC -- and it wasn't exactly a league or anything, so I think some discussion of this could be pretty cool, especially since I believe it shut down before fifth gen came out. I'd certainly think it could be an interesting project to think about, and it would be fun to actually play with the modifications as well.

I don't really have any specific ideas to contribute myself since I'm not all that immersed in the competitive Pokémon scene, but I fully support this idea.

highfive

Smash Lord
The PC actually had something like this running on a personal online server at some point (with some community-created new Pokémon as well, I believe), though I can't recall where/what the thread was exactly.

I don't believe it's running anymore, though -- at least, it's not being actively worked on in the PC -- and it wasn't exactly a league or anything, so I think some discussion of this could be pretty cool, especially since I believe it shut down before fifth gen came out. I'd certainly think it could be an interesting project to think about, and it would be fun to actually play with the modifications as well.

I don't really have any specific ideas to contribute myself since I'm not all that immersed in the competitive Pokémon scene, but I fully support this idea.
I wasn't exactly pointing to an online server but I'll take it! For those that aren't familiar with it, Pokegts is a site that can literally create and send a pokemon with any moveset and ability (lol Regigigas with Speed Boost) straight to your ds/3ds. That means no codes or modding of any sort. You still need to obey the31 IV and the 510 EV limits, and random Wi-Fi matches bar hacked pokemon. You can however; play against your contacts with hacked pokemon.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
There's Street Pokemon, if want balance in the form of everything being ridiculous. Our NU / UU to OU projects come relatively close, though.

highfive

Smash Lord
There's Street Pokemon, if want balance in the form of everything being ridiculous. Our NU / UU to OU projects come relatively close, though.
Define Street Pokemon and projects? Sorry, I haven't been that active since '10

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Street Pokemon is a secondary server hosted by Smogon where there are no rules and abusing Glitches such as the Mimic glitch to get any combination of moves on Gen III and older Pokemon are possible, as well as a few newer Pokemon.

The NU to OU projects were old **** hosted on one of Crashic's servers (I have the files still around somewhere that I can host) to buff many NUs to make them OU back in Gen IV. We also had other weird *** stuff going on the server with really broken mons in Poketrainer fight things, but I don't think those files exist anymore.

highfive

Smash Lord
Street Pokemon is a secondary server hosted by Smogon where there are no rules and abusing Glitches such as the Mimic glitch to get any combination of moves on Gen III and older Pokemon are possible, as well as a few newer Pokemon.

The NU to OU projects were old **** hosted on one of Crashic's servers (I have the files still around somewhere that I can host) to buff many NUs to make them OU back in Gen IV. We also had other weird *** stuff going on the server with really broken mons in Poketrainer fight things, but I don't think those files exist anymore.
That sounds fun and all, but perhaps a more "balanced" system would be better than free for all glitchfest.

I guess I'll start this out. I'll be making a list of abilities that should be banned. I'll try to keep it more along the lines of "if anymon had this, how broken would it be?"

Top Bottom