• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HA! I was right Ademisk! Ness Matchups

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
That chart doesn't hold too much water. I see it as 50% accurate...
lol

Conda

50% was funnier.
Since there are two characters. Saying it's 50% accurate means it's not accurate at all...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That chart fails. Bowser isn't disadvantaged against everyone. Especially not Captain Falcon.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
That chart also says Sonic is good against Ness. >_>;;;;;

Can I just say it's plain wrong right now and it's ******** to try to tally up the matchups right now as nobody is good at the game. Even the melee chart was never fully completed lol. And since when do the IC's counter Ness lol. What do they do to him that give them an advantage. Or yoshi.

I see it as 0 percent accurate considering the input it's getting and the fact and un-experienced player is running it. I could just post a random matchup in that thread and it would go on the chart lol. I wouldn't even have to prove myself.

Edit; Apparenetly Sheik counter MK. LOL. And Marth has no bad matchups at all LOL.

He doesn't even have a good ranking system as it's only advantage, disadvantage, or neutral. It should be in numbers from 1-9 representing how many rounds a character would win in that matchup.

Plz tell me Smashbros 7 that this is your idea of a joke.

Masky

Smash Master
That chart is wrong, they even forgot a character (PK Thunder)

Browny

Smash Hater
That chart is a joke at this point in time. the creator of it has a good idea and proper intentions but he is far too easily influenced by what other people post. people offer matchups with absolutely no reasoning behind them (other than of course their melee match ups. marth ISNT THAT GOOD in brawl) and he adjusts it accordingly.

and sonic can gimp ness easier than any character in the game. seriously

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman

Can I just say it's plain wrong right now and it's ******** to try to tally up the matchups right now as nobody is good at the game. Even the melee chart was never fully completed lol. And since when do the IC's counter Ness lol. What do they do to him that give them an advantage.
Sonic is very good against Ness, well a lot better than Sonic is against most characters at least. And ICs are probably Ness' 4th worst matchup in my opinion. They can get him in a chaingrab spike combo that is impossible to get out of if they do it right. It an easy 0%-kill for them from most places on a map unless they screw up...also their entire strategy hurts Ness. He can't grab for kills(easily) when there are two of them which is a major disadvantage. Cant absorb ICs neut-B anymore. A bunch of other reason i dont feel like listing right now.(that chart may be largely inaccurate, but the Ness row is pretty well correct)

Jono

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, you can't rely on charts to give you info, especially at this early point in time.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace

Can I just say it's plain wrong right now and it's ******** to try to tally up the matchups right now as nobody is good at the game. Even the melee chart was never fully completed lol. And since when do the IC's counter Ness lol. What do they do to him that give them an advantage. Or yoshi.

I see it as 0 percent accurate considering the input it's getting and the fact and un-experienced player is running it. I could just post a random matchup in that thread and it would go on the chart lol. I wouldn't even have to prove myself.

Edit; Apparenetly Sheik counter MK. LOL. And Marth has no bad matchups at all LOL.

He doesn't even have a good ranking system as it's only advantage, disadvantage, or neutral. It should be in numbers from 1-9 representing how many rounds a character would win in that matchup.

Plz tell me Smashbros 7 that this is your idea of a joke.
It's not my chart, Sheesh.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
the chart sucks, there is no way sonic has major advantages against ness or even my main mario. I think that the dude played favorites for some characters. And freaking Ness is like a freaking God against Meta which is great, yet the chart speaks otherwise

Conda

I don't have problems with MK, and I rarely face them, so I guess that's a good thing.
I haven't had too many big problems with snakes either, but I've faced two so far. >.>
Pikas have been tough, but I've played Anther. Maybe that's why. lol

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Sonic is very good against Ness, well a lot better than Sonic is against most characters at least. And ICs are probably Ness' 4th worst matchup in my opinion. They can get him in a chaingrab spike combo that is impossible to get out of if they do it right. It an easy 0%-kill for them from most places on a map unless they screw up...also their entire strategy hurts Ness. He can't grab for kills(easily) when there are two of them which is a major disadvantage. Cant absorb ICs neut-B anymore. A bunch of other reason i dont feel like listing right now.(that chart may be largely inaccurate, but the Ness row is pretty well correct)
Wait, what can sonic do to Ness? He's outprioritized outranged everyewhar. Pk fire ice blocks, pk fire nana, repeatedly. Find other kill moves against ics (not that hard). IC's have that cg in brawl against everybody. Just try to keep Nana away from popo at all times and mash to get out of a grab if he grabs u and nana is approaching.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
Just because someone says it, doesn't mean it's true. Matchup list fails, Wario is horrible against Ness, and I always win.
Yeah umm, letme go ahead and second that statement Ademisk. What was this guy thinking when he made that chart?

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Just because someone says it, doesn't mean it's true. Matchup list fails, Wario is horrible against Ness, and I always win.
apparently you haven't found a good Wario to play against Ademisk, because Wario is not horrible against Ness. but please i encourage you to prove me wrong with a video of you versing any experienced Wario main that shows you undeniably dominating them. I usually win against Warios too...because i am better...but on an even field he has the edge.

J Tangle

Smash Cadet
NNID
JTangle
yeah what ever... **** Sonic and Wario, I say the only way Wario could give you problems is if you don't know his moves. As for Sonic his speed rush does give me problems at times, but giving aerial attacks and forcing him to come to me for a PK beat down always gives my Ness the advantage.

SeeKay

Smash Rookie
NNID
rati-kun
3DS FC
1349-6611-7266
The chart is worth being patient for. Its based on statistics from our feedback. It will only work as well as long as everyone gives their feedback about matchups. That way people can be guided but will seperate the really good players from the ones who want to follow a chart to (try) to win. No one can just start the game with a chart and run to the next big tourney and expect to do well. People still make mistakes in the game and those human mistakes can be very costly.

The chart may not be all that great now, but the threads that are linked to it do show promise. For example, the Lucas thread actually goes into some detail about what you are dealing with on each matchup based on other's experience and game mechanics. I look forward to learning more about my characters that I may have missed both in-game and here.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
More Ness players should voice their views there before the public and the backroom thinks Ness has bad matchups. Sonic is no good against Ness. He outprioritizes everything Sonic has.

Gindler

Smash Champion
This chart does suck, it puts yoshi at a disadvantage to everyone except olimar (which he is at a major advantage to). and it also has MK and marth as having an advantage to everyone else in the game. Sigh matchup charts are never accurate.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
More Ness players should voice their views there before the public and the backroom thinks Ness has bad matchups. Sonic is no good against Ness. He outprioritizes everything Sonic has.
Brawl Ness players that have access to the sbr:

Simna....

Ness' running attack outprioritized mk's neutral b!

Gindler

Smash Champion
OMG does it really? I'll have to start using ness against mk, I didn't know that MKs tornado was out prioritized by such a basic attack, and I'm sure most MKs won't either. With al of these components this would be sure pwnage.

Conda

I want access to the back room! *sqweals*

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I was joking about the Wario thing. He's not horrible. He's not great against Ness either. Stop working on Wario, work on Diddy Kong, he's really good against Ness.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
jono has a point. and we gotta remember to hav fun with the character we are playing with?????

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
The chart has yet to be finished

Can I just say it's plain wrong right now and it's ******** to try to tally up the matchups right now as nobody is good at the game. Even the melee chart was never fully completed lol. And since when do the IC's counter Ness lol. What do they do to him that give them an advantage.

The Ice Climbers chaingrab, and it's pretty hard to DI out of. You won't know by fighting a Level 9 CPU, because the CPUs are foolish AND don't chaingrab (I didn't say they were foolish because they don't chaingrab!). Ness tends to have problems against SOME chaingrabbers.
Yeah, but that chart is screwed up. Lulz, the day that Ness is bad against Sonic is the day that people stop overusing Meta-Knight XD

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

The Ice Climbers chaingrab, and it's pretty hard to DI out of. You won't know by fighting a Level 9 CPU, because the CPUs are foolish AND don't chaingrab (I didn't say they were foolish because they don't chaingrab!). Ness tends to have problems against SOME chaingrabbers.
Yeah, but that chart is screwed up. Lulz, the day that Ness is bad against Sonic is the day that people stop overusing Meta-Knight XD
Um... what? The only cg IC's have on Ness leads him and anyone else they grab to death anyways >_>;

Top Bottom