• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2H Tournament, London, Ontario

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Zen: I'll cook some fried rice for you... I dunno if it would be to your taste though, my fried rice is wierd taste >_>

Lanowen: xD

Jagg: good stuff I'll bring richie along so you can shop that crappy place you shopped before XD

Everyone who is driving, weather's bad recently, so wear gloves and get those winter tires on and make sure you aren't having lewd activities while driving. Hope to see you guys all tomorrow :chuckle:

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
Wow, man that place seems liek rly cool! we should get some like game hours there, because its soo fun. GGs everyone, shoutouts laters greaopgeagoinegnaokea

sprocket

Smash Journeyman
im a loser so i couldnt make it. Good luck to those still playing freindlies, and congratulations to.... hmmm

Anthony first
Jake second
Art or Ambrose third, i cant decide.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I GOT FIFTHAS!

well.

MN0: Woot woot, nice time at your place. I will maybe get those videos up later if I have lag.

people I played: woot

people I didn't play: woot

Ambose: Woot! Thanks for the ride, it was pretty cool and interesting XD. I have no complaints though. Nothing bad could have happened really, it made it for fun in the end. :D

Sprocket: D:<

D

Deleted member

im a loser so i couldnt make it. Good luck to those still playing freindlies, and congratulations to.... hmmm

Anthony first
Jake second
Art or Ambrose third, i cant decide.
alas I have failed your predictions :(

edit: And admittedly mine lol
[johns]

needs more sleep ftw

[/johns]

Anthony we gotta play more..some hot friendlies. I swear, I was doing so well when I played normal stages, I dunno why, made no sense. Anyway shoutouts later

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
np for the ride everyone.

Andy: too bad i didint play u in the tourney, but i played u in naruto lol. I suk at that game. Well i had good games with u at anthony's and some cool team matches.

jake: lol..for some reason i thought my fox would do well against peach, and i was wrong. I should just stick with Marth forever. I like the second match, it was a close one, lol. But i had some good matches with u. And u sure got ur revenge for from the crew match last time lol.

daniel: gg with u. I remember i faced u in one of nnr's tournies. U just started using peach and fox. We had some friendlies there. U werent that good, but now, wow u are sooo much better. Your fox and peach are good lol. I had some nice friendlies with u before the tourney which was cool.

Runawayfire: I only got to face ur luigi once in a friendly before the tourney lol. Wish i could of got more games with u. Good game tho.

Zen: ahh, marth ditto marth ditto..haha. I was not expecting that. Thought u were a fox/falco user all along. I sure suked in that match lol. How was my sheik? I just didnt know wat to use. But we had tight matches, gg.

MK0: Congrats on 1st. Gooddd games. Your fox is great. Your mewtwo is great. But stop hacking. lol, again, i had nice friendlies with u, and team matches against u at ur house. Anndd why didnt u give me any rice? haha thought u were making some. As for guilty gear. I want a REMATCH. I just had not played for half a year, forgot the moves and combos. But dizzy and zappa ownsss. lol, i think i'll download it and start playing again. I'll definitely beat u next time. Conker's bad fur day was hella funny. U and rich are such hackers.

Sprocket: too bad u didnt come. Wanted to have some games with u.

Everyone else that i played: Good games.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, gg Jake. After talking all that sh*t. XD

Nice job Daniel, that's awesome.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Yeah he used Peach.

The way the tournament was set up was pseudo-pool double elim. Two double elim brackets were set up with a couple of players in each. Top two from each double elim (aka what would normally be the finals) moved on to a final 4 man double elim. The reason it wasn't pool play was probably to have a couple of tvs open for casuals (at h2h people play like hours of casuals while waiting for the next tournament matches to happen)

I played Jake twice, once in the first double elim and once in the final double elim. Both times I sent him 3-0 into losers. The matches were pretty close too, down to last stock everytime. After the second loss I guess he lost his will to win and lost against Ben Vidler of Zen's crew.

Shout-outs later... still. I have to see who's who first since I dunno names >_>

D

Deleted member

And ****, looking back, I made some ******** counterpicks. WTF was up with that, I played best on FD when I didn't want to play that stage.

**** Anthony, I want rematches. You made some ridiculously good calls. (Drop down from ledge to Upair on Corneria? That **** impressed me)

As for Noah, I didn't say you suck when I beat you after your 8 hour Gears of War stint with no sleep at the mississauga tournament :/

And did you see Monster yet? You're kinda ****ed as today is the last day.

Xelyst

-_-
goood shiiz at this tourney ..... and still anthony is the one i cant beat lol <___<

lol jake i shoudave used fox not sheik.. lol ..

D

Deleted member

goood shiiz at this tourney ..... and still anthony is the one i cant beat lol <___<

lol jake i shoudave used fox not sheik.. lol ..
No.. I was playing well when I faced you

What I'm trying to say is your Sheik gave me a harder time. Strange?

Xelyst

-_-
jake: my fox would have been a better choice, i dont play sheik. figured a char counterpick would be different, i use fox for everything.. but i guess you had enuff fox beatings ^___^

I doubt were going to the mont tourney tho sorry man (<__<) but the EC vs WC one is something i'd like to go

brenden: sux that you couldnt attend the tourney but i'll be in london sometime to play anthony again so you should come too

anthony: your hat distracted me from getting teh rice =(

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
shoutout time!
anthony: Good matches. I found it hilarious that my fox did best against you. but ggs all around. Didnt do as bad as i thought i would in a ditto. congrats on 1st

nate: Didnt get to face you. Not even sure we had any friendlies. but proooo playing SC and WC3 afterward lololol. Game hours ftw!

Jake: same goes for you. didnt get a chacne to face you either. except like 6am at my house :ohwell:

Andy: GGs man. really. it was soo close. Looking forward to next time we vs.

Zen: I think i only friendlied you. but ggs. look forward to next time we play.

ambrose: again. gotta say it was really pro driving us. and we had some awesome friendlies. Our matches was a really good warm up for the tourni. and thanks for the compliment.

To everyone else: ggs. glad i came out.

Xelyst

-_-
shouts

anthony: missed the rice =( , i'll be in london again sometime to play sum

jake: tight shiat, u hate fox (resort to crack <__< lol)

ambrose: i had a feeling you would go marth, + i ditto ben all the time (i think u dittod him to) and i like your sheik style, got me down to the last stock son.. good games

dan: gratz on 2nd, i like your peach too, last stock a few times as well but i pulled em all off (luv dat peach)

nate: snap, your puff is great, out for blood so keep getting better lol ^_^

andy: you freak, stop powersheilding!! lol ^_^ wtf at the controller loss btw ?

random: i wish we (ben/dave/me) could come to STYD2 but lol thats probly not going to happen = (

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Overall this tournament was pretty smooth. The competition was great, probably the highest it has been for a while. I feel really bad about the lost equipment (daniel and andy :( ) and I guess it's partly my fault for not being more stressing about the activity that occurs at the place.

Longer shoutouts:

Jake: Hahaha you have probably one of the most fun playstyles to fight. Against you I had to really go with the thinking and strategy to come out on top. I'm glad I surprised you by being able to beat you on your counter-pick stages. I've trained on a lot of the difficult to play stages so I can do stuff like hop around on Chansey all day long :chuckle: . Was great fighting you, glad to see a good Peach. Why didn't you come to my house though (you divine knight and nate apparantly)

Divine Knight: You have a good, diverse cast of characters. I saw you use Peach, Luigi, and Fox. You've got skills in those hands, you just have to learn to be patient and work on your opponent's habits. When you beat me in the final set it was because of patience and thinking. Keep on trucking. btw I'm sorry but I can't locate your ssbm disk = (

Nate: wtf @ almost 4 stock. You're really really campy patient and smart. Jigglypuff is easily your best character, you should concentrate on Jigglypuff and use Sheik and Luigi as counter picks. Overall good stuff, again I wish you went to my place = /

Zen & Crew: Nothing much to say really. Overall good stuff. My Mewtwo was doing a lot better then last time around :chuckle:

Ambrose: HAHAHA you're such a danger to people. No parking ticket but wtf @ 150 km/h and staring out the bottom of the windshield? Good matches, don't remember anything in particular though, I especially had fun with the team matches we had. Make sure you get Guilty Gear XX SLASH so I can fight you again?

Andy: haha derren brown pulling mindtricks on me. I hope you get those vids up there's some good stuff on it. In fact we should've recorded CBFD me and rich hax that game up like mad XD. You need to play GGXXS too so me and richie have competition = o

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Had a fun time, definetly learned some things about my own playing style.
Shoutouts:

Ambrose: Thanks again man, we didn't really play much but ggs with Me and You vs
the frost on your windsheild. We need to play more next time.

Anthony: GG's congrats on 1st, yeah you're right though... if there is one thing this tournament taught me, its to focus on Jiggs. Anyways, yeah... its too bad we didn't head by, play you again next time.

Jake: Hah, what can I say.... good match and fun hanging out, I'm quite interested in going down to STYD so it'll be cool if we all do go. Oh yeah, Turtle Shell is broken.

Daniel: Congrats on second, lol we never play much at tournaments but its only because we're so used to it already. And how about not rushing in my base and killing all my probes right after Jake nuked me LOL.

Zen: GG's man, you play pretty mean too, learn to fight puff and you might catch me, unless puff is at a whole new level by then lol.

Other dude's I played: GG's

D

Deleted member

Anthony: Rematches must be had at a later date, good stuff.

Daniel: Good Gay-mes, start eating non Superfine stuff, like at Mascot's Family Restaurant

Nate: Keep it tall, and you're getting a lot better, pro. Went to 5 matches!

Ambrose: Thanks for driving, huge favour, we owe you one. Close matches, lol.

Art: Like I mentioned before.. I'd rather fight a good Fox than a good Sheik, just my preference I dunno

My DI that day: You suck and I hate you

Ben: Good games, I need more coke.

Ben / Art / Whoever: COME TO MONTREAL, NO ****ING JOHNS, WE NEED PEOPLE. SRSLY.

Andy: I dunno why we never play but whatever get M3 DS

The fact that there are too many Fox players that it gets boring: there are too many fox players and it gets boring

GGs all around

Xelyst

-_-
Art: Like I mentioned before.. I'd rather fight a good Fox than a good Sheik, just my preference I dunno

The fact that there are too many Fox players that it gets boring: there are too many fox players and it gets boring
i totally agree lol so i think i did you a favour then XD! i didnt feel like playing fox but i'll play em full next time

Ben / Art / Whoever: COME TO MONTREAL, NO ****ING JOHNS, WE NEED PEOPLE. SRSLY.
we cant make it =( sry man, even a small event like h2h is a stretch on our travel accomidations = / (it took us a ****ing long time before we even made it to one of your tourneys)

we'll try to make it to the EC vs WC tourney

Top Bottom