• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GVN Summer Bash 2 - Media, PA - Aug 23, 08

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
The second GVN summer Bash will be held Aug 23rd at the Virtual Rush lan center in Media, PA.

There will be a Regular and Tag Team Tournament for DOA4 and Tekken Tag. There will be a singles tournament for Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken 5 DR, Soul Calibur 4 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Sponsorship has not been resolved at this time. I know we are cutting it close but we will get it resolved soon.
If you wish to add a game to the tournament and can prove that there will be number to support it then contact either myself or SOR gaming.

Contact info - hubbsdoctor@gmail.com

Registration will be at 12pm. The show will begin at 3pm. Show up at least an hour early for registration.

Alternative Transporation!

Directions by train and bus from Center city Philly.

Take the R3 train towards Media/Elwyn. Hop off the train at Elwyn station. Walk to the bus stop and take the northbound 117 bus. The next stop is to the granite run mall. Get off at the mall and walk to the AMC theatre. Virtual Rush is located behind the AMC theatre.

Venue Information:

Virtual Rush
1145 W. Baltimore Pike
Media, PA 19063
www.virtualrush.net
610-545-9300

Sponsor information:
http://gamingvisionnetwork.blogspot.com

Feel free to bring additional equipment(tvs, consoles, etc). Doing so will give you 50% off entry fee.

Entry fee is subject to change depending on the awaiting info on sponsorship.
Entry fee - $10

DOA4.1 Tag $10
DOA4.1 Singles $25(might change once the sponsorship thing is settled)
VF5 $10
T5DR $10
Tekken Tag $10
SSBB - $10
SCIV - $10

Each game will roughly start at the Following times.

DOA4 tag - 3:00pm~
DOA4 Singles - half an hour after tag ends
Tekken 5 DR - 4:00~
Tekken Tag – right after T5DR concludes
Virtua Fighter 5 - 4:00
SSBB - 5pm~
SCIV - 5pm~

Basic rules

Rules:
-You are allowed to bring your own controller or arcade stick (please mark it)
-Programmable/macro controllers/sticks are not allowed.

DOA Rule set:
-Best of 5 rounds/3 match points
-Finals will be Best of 5 rounds/matches
-Double Elimanation
-60 second time limit
-Random level select
-Dangerzones allowed
-Life is set to Largest

Tekken 5 DR and Tekken Tag rule set:
-Double Elimanation
-Random level select
-Character customization is not allowed.
-Life setting is 100%
-Guard damage is off
-Jinpachi is banned(T5DR)
-No button mapping

Virtua Fighter 5:
-Double Elimanation
-45 second time limit
-Custom Characters is not allowed.
-Random Stage select
-Character Customization are banned

Soul Calibur 4:(PS3)
-Double Elimanation
-No button mapping
-Default round time
-Vader is banned
-Custom Characters are banned
-Random stage select

SSBB Ruleset:
-No wireless or 3rd party controllers
-3 stock
-2/3 sets
-3/5 finals
-8 minute time limit
-double elim
-Items off
-Final Smash off
-Stalling is prohibited. There will be a warning, followed by a disqualification of the round if continued.
-Metaknight cape glitch is banned.
-Ties broken by lives, then %
-First stage agreed upon or random
-DSR (Dave's stupid rule) - No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
-Match Stalling Tactics are banned. You will get only one warning. If you get caught again you are disqualified for the match.
-The following stages are banned. - 75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Mario Bros., Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom, Norfair, Onett, Pictochat, Pokemon, Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Temple, WarioWare, Inc., Yoshi's Island

Prize money will be divided as such until the sponsorship is resolved.
1st place - 70%
2nd place - 20%
3rd place -10%

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, what? 25 bucks for DoA 4? You do know that very few people actually play that game because it's not really that deep, right? With a 25 bucks entrance fee, even less people will attend.

And why is only one Mushroomy Kingdom banned?

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
that single mushroom kindgom was one of the stages I saw banned in one of the other threads. lemme know if the others should be banned. If not that'll be discussed day of.

And my DOA turnouts have always been huge. MJy last 3 turnouts were 18, 24, and 27 Last tournements 1st place got over $460.

*edit - I'd also like to point out that I am part of the DOA community and we have agreed that for Major tourneys the pot would be $25. Big turn out = Big pot.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
we will see there are a lot of things im doing right now....doing a circuit for smash is a lot fo work...plus working everyday is something new to me. I hear also that your venue has this other group doing a smash tournament as well. You may be weary of them

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
A quick request. If someone could bring an extra wii /w game you will get a venue fee discount. It would help out alot with making the tournament go by faster.

Also for some reason I am having problems getting a hold of Paul on the phone so i am going up there to talk to him face to face to get the sponsorship thing squared away. I feel that this is taking a lot longer than it should have.

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
Smashtality is run by TSA and Vrush themselves. I know nothing else other than that seeing as the thread has no information posted in it. They even have no mention if they are playing brawl or Melee or both.

GVN is run by me and Vrush gave me their place to run it. I am also running multiple games besides Brawl.

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
Here's some information on a hotel down the street from the venue. To get to the mall, info is in the main post. To get to route 352 just walk northbound on route 1 and walk up the ramp.

MacIntosh Inn(located next to Denny's, might also be called express Inn)
$60-70 a night
Located on route 352 and route 1(baltimore pike)

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
1 month to go. And I will now start to stress on the importance of speaking up. I dropped 3rd Strike and Guilty Gear when the SRK peeps didn't speak up, I'll do the same for SSBB even if we have a month left. I WILL drop this game well before the day of the event. I don't want to waste my time or vRush's time.

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
I did see the rules.... at the time I was making this thread and I did not see final smashes or sky world recommended as banned. And please don't be promoting another tournament in my thread and disguise it as what the rules should be. That's pretty disrespectful. They have a thread dedicated for rules only. How about linking to that next time?

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Was unaware there was such a thread, I apologize. I wasn't promoting that tournament, I was just using it merely as a reference. Almost every tournament I've seen / been to used the same ruleset. Typically only price fluctuates.

I'm just saying it's more fair if Final Smashes are banned since they are really based on luck and not ability to fight. Prime example, I was knocked out of the nintendo tournament by a guy who couldn't take more than 1 stock from me regularly, but he killed 5 of my stocks with 4 final smashes in that tourney.

Skyworld because once the floor disappears you cannot grab onto anything and pressing down in the slightest causes most characters to instantly die if they weren't expecting to fall through the floor already.

Either way I should be participating in the tournament, I was just suggesting slight rules modification.

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
In terms of sponshorship one company might be willing to give VR $2k for their all their tournaments. So Paul of VR "might" give us $1k for my event if they get the money. If so then instead of splitting it 5 ways of $200 each I might make it $250 guarenteed to the 4 games with the biggest turnout. Reason why I say that is because I am having my doubts about VF and Smash Bros. turnsout since no one in either community seems to give a flying **** or just haven't spoekn up.

Anyway just to remind you this isn't 100% gaurenteed yet so don't come in thinking you are about to get a load of cash for 1st.

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
bump. I'm also gonna make a breif appearence at Smashtality the weekend before this event.

TheKirbster

Smash Rookie
just curious.... for the ssbb tournament when u say no wireless you mean the wavebirds not the wii-motes

Boog!!!

Smash Rookie
yea epic im kinda mad that i didnt win :(..lol Jails a good player but i think i more so choked in the finals then anything -__-...oh well... Sucks that Brawl is dropped from u guys tourny list....but wat can ya do.....wish i knew when the next and closest one was..im lookin forward 2 playing some pros!

Top Bottom