• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Cloud Strife is in Smash.

Cloud. ****ing. Strife.

Holy crap.

This is just incredible. This completely broke my brain. This opens up so many possibilities for characters. STAGE LOOKS AMAZING I LOVE YOU SAKURAI

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
I AM HYPE.
ALTHOUGH I NEVER PLAYED FFVII
BUT THIS CHICK SAYS ITS COOL
SO IT IS COOL RIGHT GUYS?

(The stage is amazing though, I laugh dem old summons. Ifrit, Ramuh...good stuff)

BlackCore8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BLCore
I never saw Cloud coming since I don't play final fantasy games but that was a good stage. Can't wait to see who will be the best with him.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Even being a casual fan of the series my **** broke many a limits during that trailer.

THE SMASH BALLOT HAS RETURNED TO US!!!

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Gotta hand it to sakurai. The man knows how to shatter our minds and expectations.

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
I am happy beyond belief, oh my God. Not even a fan of FF7, but it's just so awesome!

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Well, I believe nothing can top this. I've always wanted Cloud in Smash, and I'm not even a fan of his game. I haven't supported the thought much, because it seemed so unrealistic. But this is absolutely insane.

Thank you, Sakurai. Cloud might just be my most wanted character of all time, next to Isaac.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Welp, this broke me. Cloud is probably my least favorite FF hero, and I'm still so freaking excited I can't stand it. FF is my favorite series, and having it repped so awesomely... I need to lie down.

That stage, tho. Ohmagosh. And limit break. What.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I remember writing this off years ago...

Times have changed loool

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think my ****ing brain exploded.

Sakurai, what mysterious world do you live in? HOLY ****.

"CLOUD FROM FINAL FANTASY 7 SHOULD BE IN SMASH" is no longer a memetic joke.

...Oh jeez, so many ****ing people are going to be asking for characters that have never been in Nintendo games now. Moreso.

But whatever, he looks ****ing glorious, AND THEN STAGE. AND THE UEMATSU MUSIC.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Yay more swordsman!
Because swordsmen are completely incapable of being something fresh even if they have loads of unique stuff from their respective franchises to bring to the table.

I mean isn't this sort of like sarcastically saying "YAY MORE PEOPLE WHO PUNCH THINGS"

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
We finally have a Square character in Smash, yaaaaay :D

My biggest congratulations to you guys. I for one am just as hyped as you are.

Gaminguy010

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gaminguy010
Is this Nintendo's revenge for Square Enix leaving Nintendo and making the FF7 on PlayStation?

Did we even a thread for Cloud?
I went looking for one to give the people in the thread a nice congratulations and read the raw jubilation, but none popped up. It doesn't look like there was ever a Cloud thread; literally no one saw this coming.

Personally, I am way more excited for the December Smash Direct then Cloud. The only effect Cloud has on me is that the doors are wide open for nearly anyone to be added. *insert Goku joke here.*

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Is this Nintendo's revenge for Square Enix leaving Nintendo and making the FF7 on PlayStation?
Either that or SE wants to promote the upcoming FFVII remake like crazy.

I'm hype over the fact that this came out of completely NOWHERE. The upcoming Smash Direct next month better have answers as to why he's in as to who else is coming with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom