• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gunner 1.10 Patch

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
So what changes did Mii Gunner receive? We should list them.

Patch 1.10 changes

+Missiles have less cooldown. Can chase behind homing missiles now.
+UAir kills much earlier now. A 26% difference without rage.
+Cannon Uppercut knockback increased
+Uair landing lag reduced 26 → 22 frames
+Charge Shot (Neutral 1) any charge end frame reduced 45 → 39
+Missile (Side 3) end frame reduced 76 → 62 on homing, 59 → 49 on smash
+Lazer Blaze damage increased 3.6% > 4%
+Lunar Launch knockback angle changed 70 > 55
-Grenades disappear instead of exploding upon contact with projectiles/specials

Last edited:

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
- Missiles have less cooldown. It's possible to chase behind homing missiles now

- UAir received a damage buff by 1%.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Did Down Smash always move you forward? lol

That seems new to me.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
The hits on Up-smash link better and deal 15-16% damage total

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
You sure? They look about the same during comparison between last patch and this one.

EDIT

Bair damage reduced by 1% (12% => 11%)
Maybe I'm under placebo or extremely lucky, but it seems easier to connect with it.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Ok it's looking like UAir can kill much earlier now
It really does and I love this buff!!!

Tested it out on Bowser on both Updated Wii U and pre patch wii u on the very top platform on battlefield.

Pre patch Bowser died to up air at 179%

Updated bowser died to up air at 153%

That's a 26% difference!!! This is a huge buff!!! Up air is long ranged and can kill earlier now!!! It's gonna kill even faster once we are in rage mode!!!

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
It really does and I love this buff!!!

Tested it out on Bowser on both Updated Wii U and pre patch wii u on the very top platform on battlefield.

Pre patch Bowser died to up air at 179%

Updated bowser died to up air at 153%

That's a 26% difference!!! This is a huge buff!!! Up air is long ranged and can kill earlier now!!! It's gonna kill even faster once we are in rage mode!!!
Yep. I'm already loving this change.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Yep. I'm already loving this change.
Sadly I think that's the only buff she/he got. I wish they'd fix the up smash and down smash problem of the opponents avoiding the final hit, but oh well. Up air buff is amazing! Killing characters at 90-110% out of a good up throw read is amazing!!!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I found the worst nerf.

Don't pick up normal items or you break your arm.

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
I am pretty sure Cannon Uppercut got buffed too from reading and testing. I could be wrong.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Grenades don't blow up on contact whenever they hit another projectile or special anymore, they just disappear.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Wait, seriously? Charge Shot was made WORSE in damage? It's already the worst charging storable projectile in the game, by far. Did they at least give us a knockback increase to make up for it?

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Wait, seriously? Charge Shot was made WORSE in damage? It's already the worst charging storable projectile in the game, by far. Did they at least give us a knockback increase to make up for it?
Charge shot is unchanged.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Good to know. I'll be over here playing other characters then, unfortunately. I want to like Gunner, but currently feel they have too many shortcomings and this patch didn't seem to address them.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yep, everything is true. Grenade change was good for balancing the move.

Uair can do 12% from 10% I thought.

Cannon uppercut has a pretty large knockback increase as well.

NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
  • Up Air landing lag reduced 26 → 22 frames
  • Charge Shot (Neutral 1) any charge end frame reduced 45 → 39
  • Missile (Side 3) end frame reduced 76 → 62 on homing, 59 → 49 on smash
Changes confirmed by main patch thread.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
  • Up Air landing lag reduced 26 → 22 frames
  • Charge Shot (Neutral 1) any charge end frame reduced 45 → 39
  • Missile (Side 3) end frame reduced 76 → 62 on homing, 59 → 49 on smash
Changes confirmed by main patch thread.
I wish I could use the missile now lol Soundslike it's amazing, put customs aren't legal in many tournaments sadly. I wasn't aware of the landing lag reduction on up air. That's nice! I do wish they'd fix the up smash and down smash with its connections.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
So do I. 'My kill moves randomly don't work right' is the major thing keeping me from spending much time with Gunner. If they fixed those and her throws, I'd probably come back.

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Jab upsets me more than smashes dropping; Depending on opponent fall speed and weight it can be unsafe to use past 100-130%.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
This is just wifi so I'm posting it here, but this shows how the charge shot, missile, and uair buffs help gunner somewhat:

What's most important from the video is the property of the moves and what frame data allows than some random wifi match. Charge shot, missile, bomb drop, cannon uppercut, and dtilt offer some nice shield and long distance pressure.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
This is just wifi so I'm posting it here, but this shows how the charge shot, missile, and uair buffs help gunner somewhat:

What's most important from the video is the property of the moves and what frame data allows than some random wifi match. Charge shot, missile, bomb drop, cannon uppercut, and dtilt offer some nice shield and long distance pressure.
Is that the 0/0 size?

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
So the area I'm from(SoCal) is only doing 1111 default size right now, but said they can possibly do a vote later regarding Mii's custom moves.

I gave them 2 special cases they can do for Mii's.

1) Mii's must always stay default guest weight. No size/weight modifications, because modifying a Mii's weight and size is too time consuming and every Wii U has a default guest Mii available and they can use their custom moves.

2) Mii's must always stay default weight. No size/weight modifications as said above. Mii's have a new pemenant set that is chosen as the most popular to use. EX) Mii gunner default is 1111. If the vote approves Mii gunner will go through another vote process on what moveset she will shock with. The SoCal committee say votes 3133 to be gunners new set and she can only use 3133 from now on.

"But Elite Gaymer why so limited? Why no size alterations and why a bloody new pemenant set!?"

Why you ask? Because SoCal is anti customs. They did a vote and the vote for customs was this

No to customs: 77%

Yes to customs: 23%

Its clear as day that they hate customs. I am literally the only one who uses default Mii's in tournament here in SoCal(Mii Gunner). I would love to see all 3 Mii's gain some massive usage and the only way that'll happen is if they can use their customs. Making them guest standard weight is a good balance, because super tiny Mii brawler with helicopter kick is pretty broken. That's why many are against Mii's is because of tiny Mii brawler. Making them all standard guest size prevents that from happening since Mii's lose out on extra mobility, speed and recovery from not being tiny anymore.

This is just testing out and getting customs somewhat into the meta and show it isn't a bad thing to do.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
SoCal is just one region people play Smash at :U
And that voting thing was customs for all characters, Mii Fighters are a unique situation and "default" guest Miis aren't even what Smash players define as default.

At my local in SoCal, nobody has any issues with me transferring a Mii Fighter through Smash 3DS. It's literally just as long as doing custom controls and nobody has any issues waiting for that so yeah.
Though I suppose going with a community voted set isn't that bad of an idea, I do think forcing standards on height and weight is dumb. I mean it's not like every super competitive Mii Fighter player is going to have absurdly different height/weight setups.

edit:
and apparently everything I know was just thrown out the window. perfect

Last edited:
Top Bottom