• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero I & II

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I can't wait to hear the comparisons between this and Rock Band. I'm going with Rock Band because Harmonix did a great job on Guitar Hero and GH2.

Volrec

Smash Lord
does anyone find it weird that out of all the songs in the last tier, they just stuck cliffs of dover in? I mean you've got one, the devil went down to georgia, raining blood as evil songs

it's funny cuz cliffs of dove is calming

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I can't wait to hear the comparisons between this and Rock Band. I'm going with Rock Band because Harmonix did a great job on Guitar Hero and GH2.

There's no way the guitar riffs in Rock Band are going to be as challenging as those in GH3, but that's not neccesarily a bad thing. Rock Band is more about just hanging with your friends (preferably offline) and really enjoying the experience and working together. I think if you're looking for a more challenging single-player experience, GH3 is better.

(I'm getting both. :))

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
There's no way the guitar riffs in Rock Band are going to be as challenging as those in GH3, but that's not neccesarily a bad thing. Rock Band is more about just hanging with your friends (preferably offline) and really enjoying the experience and working together. I think if you're looking for a more challenging single-player experience, GH3 is better.

(I'm getting both. :))
See, I don't see your point. Harmonix MADE Guitar Hero. They know better than Neversoft on what works and what doesn't. Harmonix even said the drum parts will be difficult on hard to the point that if you can play them, you can play drums in real life.

Guitar Hero 3 feels like Activision milking what little is left of the GH franchise now that Harmonix left. Guitar Hero 2 was amazing, as was the first, but after a while, it's the same. Rock Band could add such a new element of playing.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Oh, and you've heard it right here, right now. I'm going to make a vain attempt to be the first person to FC Cliffs of Dover. Watch as I fail miserably.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hOLZeeCS0-4

Too late. :(

And CK, every review of Rock Band I've read so far says the guitar parts aren't hard as those in GH2, let alone GH3. Drums will of course be hard- but only becuase nobody has experienced them yet- and it will take time to adjust to the foot pedal, just as it took time to adjust to the Orange Fret the first time you played GH.

I dunno. I definetly see your point, so maybe you're right- and I hope so, I really do; I just don't see Rock Band having any songs that really make you practice and practice guitar-wise. Then again, FC's will also be a lot more fun and challenging since 4 people need to do perfect- so in that sense it will be difficult.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hOLZeeCS0-4

Too late. :(

And CK, every review of Rock Band I've read so far says the guitar parts aren't hard as those in GH2, let alone GH3. Drums will of course be hard- but only becuase nobody has experienced them yet- and it will take time to adjust to the foot pedal, just as it took time to adjust to the Orange Fret the first time you played GH.

I dunno. I definetly see your point, so maybe you're right- and I hope so, I really do; I just don't see Rock Band having any songs that really make you practice and practice guitar-wise. Then again, FC's will also be a lot more fun and challenging since 4 people need to do perfect- so in that sense it will be difficult.
Warhawk and Lair taught me an important thing: NEVER listen to reviews in games that require some type of skill or better sense of coordination than others. Reviews **** all over Lair for being too hard to steer. Not so much. Warhawk got blasted by PSM for being too hard to fly. Right now, my girlfriend has as much kills as me in flight and she isn't even a gamer. People will rate things negatively because it's too hard for them. Could Rock Band be too easy? Definitely. But I think with that, we will see more people play on Expert difficulties. Should be a BLAST online though.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wii version. Problem is, I was reading the manual online and it shows that they switched around the start and select buttons on the guitar.

Unless I can mod the guitar so that they switch, I'm gonna have some big sqeezing problems.

I'm hoping they just screwed up in the manual, because the other three versions are the same as normal.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I'm having a bunch of my friends stay over night so we can play a ton. Problem is, we're playing on my friends 360 version instead of my wii version so we can have multiplayer, and none of the stuff on my game will be unlocked. :(

I'm just gonna have to take one for the team.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Owned.

I was totally going to rent it tomorrow, but my 360 died about a week ago. Gotta call Microsoft finally tomorrow (I've been out of town) and order my coffin. Should get it back in time for Rock Band.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Normally, I don't often read reviews but I think I'm going to wait for the GH vs RB comparisons. In addition to learning which game is "better" there's been so much confusion surrounding the different console versions that I'd rather wait until the dust settles.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I preordered this game, and I don't know if stores get it sunday or monday. Is 10/28 a ship date, or release date?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Normally, I don't often read reviews but I think I'm going to wait for the GH vs RB comparisons. In addition to learning which game is "better" there's been so much confusion surrounding the different console versions that I'd rather wait until the dust settles.
I am going that method before I buy GH3. Rock Band will be amazing; I'm pretty confident of that, but I want to make sure the Rock Band controller can be played on GH3. If so, then I just need to get that and 80s and I'm set with guitar games for a while.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I have the same plan as Chill. I saw people standing in line for the MN release while I drove past Best Buy today at 9:00. The only game I would do that for is SSBB, and if I had a 360, Halo. Definately never GH3. However, it did get me excited for Brawl though. Just look at me (not really though :)), its nearly 5:30am and I'm still up. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
Guitar hero III Rocks even more than I. II Was pretty sucky because there was so many bad songs. III Has even better songs than I and same (or better) gameplay than II.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I have the same plan as Chill. I saw people standing in line for the MN release while I drove past Best Buy today at 9:00. The only game I would do that for is SSBB, and if I had a 360, Halo. Definately never GH3. However, it did get me excited for Brawl though. Just look at me (not really though :)), its nearly 5:30am and I'm still up. Whatever floats your boat I guess.
I never got why people waited in lines for games or consoles. Seriously, if you want it that badly, order it online. That's what I did with Rock Band. It'll come to my doorstep maybe a day or two later, but I won't look like a tool waiting in line for 10 hours and I won't have to deal with other people.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Apparently, in some Wal-mart's, x-plorer's are being packed in with the GH3 bundle, which is causing a lot of frustration.

So don't get it at Walmart.

I have the game, and me and my friends stayed up all night last night to beat it. It was pretty easy for the most part, except for maybe raining blood and the lou battle, which took about 5 tries. The songs are all great, and online works like a charm.

My only complaints are how horrendus the whammy effects and the singer's looks are.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Anybody feel free to make an actual Guitar Hero 3 topic. I don't like the "series" threads we have when they apply to new games, it's good for older games though because it cuts down on clutter. It's much easier to discuss new games when you've got a fresh thread available and more inviting to people who aren't in the Light House all the time and get turned away when they see the thread is 9 pages long on 40 posts per page.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hey Primus, you ever FC Ballroom Blitz?

JK JK. I love you brad.

Top Bottom