• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guides Project

Mr Cats

Smash Rookie
Hello, Marth Boards. This is my first post here, though I'm not as new to the Smash community as my profile is. I would like to start a project here on the Project M Marth Forums. This would involve the writing and compiling of a series of Marth guides covering a range of important topics in an attempt to push the Marth metagame forward.

My initial hesitation with this project was that the Project M metagame is still relatively young and underdeveloped, but I'm starting to see this as even more of a reason to get this project going.

Here's what I'm thinking:
We recruit some reputable PM players to write up rough versions of guides covering material such as spacing, frame data, move summaries, match-ups, etc... I am willing to do research on tournament results and try and track down some qualified players for this job. Then, we can organize these guides (either by an index of links or in one thread) into a unified format (I'm willing to take charge of this). I believe that this community project would be instrumental in recognizing the state of Marth's Metagame, making advancements toward a more perfected playstyle, and developing the PM Marth community by serving as a resource for rising PM players.

Let me know what you guys think. If there seems to be some general support, I will get started.

To start things off, here are some areas that I think we should cover:
Frame Data
Counterpick Theory
Match-Up Information
Training Methods
General Gameplay
Zones and Spacing
Combos and Follow-Ups

SteezyWonder

Smash Rookie
I would be absolutely interested in this being a newer Marth player.
Starting off with something simple, like the "General Gameplay" section, even if not finished might be effective in drawing some attention to the thread.

I would help in any way if I could, sadly I don't really have any information to offer.

Last edited:

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I could help out if you need help. I was planning to make some giudes in my sommer holidays either way. Btw if you sum up the posts of a few people including me in the matchup thread you already have half of a matchup guide.

Top Bottom