• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to Getting Boss Trophies

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
The Best Way to get Bosses as Trophies

Hey, after practicing and practicing, I think I’ve got the best way to get all of the bosses as trophies. Here are the usable characters:
Jigglypuff (Aerials)
Ganondorf (Power)
Pokemon Trainer (Avoidance Abilities)
Zelda (Din’s Fire, Teleportation)
Sonic (Speed, Avoidance Abilities)
Ice Climbers (Power)
Fox (1% Laser)
King Dedede (Avoidance+Power)
Pokemon Trainer (Evasiveness/Stretchable)

Please note, that I’ll almost always be using Pokemon Trainer. He can deal with any type of enemy. The technique is advanced, so I’ll tell you why now. Pokemon Trainer has three different games. An aerial defense game (Ivysaur), a power game (Charizard), and a speed game (Squirtle). Pokemon Trainer is also the best against Tabuu. His Winged Ring attack is easy to dodge. With Pokemon Trainer, use a spotdodge for the first ring, then use your down special. You’ll miss the last two! And since you switch when you dodge that, you have to change to a new game. However, all three of the pokemon can hit Tabuu at any spot.

Now, I’m going to make a part for Adventure Mode and Boss Battles. NOTE: YOU’LL ALWAYS BE PLAYING ON INTENSE MODE!! The only one not included in adventure is Crazy Hand (not mentioned). I’m also going to tell you how to get the other version of all the trophies. Here we go.

First Up: Petey Piranha!

Petey Piranha is by far the easiest boss to fight. His only attacks include swinging one of the cages (roll to avoid) and jumping high up to crash down on you (run, then roll).
BOSS BATTLES MODE: In boss battles, you should probably have Fox if you are going for his trophy alone. His laser only does 1%, so it can be used to do the least amount of damage possible. If not, Jigglypuff is what you should use, as there are more in the air type bosses. I also recommend Zelda, as she can teleport, and use Din’s Fire to damage it from afar. And of course, Pokemon Trainer. Just be careful to not destroy it. The safest thing to do is get both cages down to the point where one more attack would kill it, then throw a trophy stand at the beast’s head.
ADVENTURE MODE: You can only have 4 people for this one. I would suggest starting out with Pokemon Trainer (his defensive abilities are absolutely amazing thanks to switch) as your first character. Then, have King Dedede come out. Hi power will allow you to get very close. Then, use Sonic. He’s so fast, the cages can never ever touch him. Then of course, send out Fox. He can deal minimal amounts of damage with his laser attack, and he’ll never get hit.
HOW I DID IT: I had the lineup that I suggested before. However, Pokemon Trainer had about 250% after fighting Mario, and died against the first primid. King Dedede’s agility was so low, the amount of Primids overwhelmed him, and Sonic was just plain terrible at dodging them. I eventually used Fox’s Down Smash a lot to kill them. He had about 80% at Petey, and he didn’t take 1% more. I used his Side Smash and Up Special to damage Petey a lot, and when his HP got low, I let loose with his laser gun. Waiting for the trophy was a pain, and when an exploding box appeared, I almost had a heart attack when Petey hit it. He happened to survive (lol). It didn’t take me more than 5 minutes for the whole thing overall (thought it seemed like half an hour).
SPECIAL TROPHY: There is none L

Next: Porky!

Porky is quite a bit more powerful than Petey. Most of his attacks are meant to deal damage. His arm thrusts, speed walk, and laser orb all do more than 100% damage! He is a very difficult boss to defeat, and he must be destroyed quickly.
BOSS BATTLES MODE: In Boss Battles, since you have to destroy him quickly, I would choose either Bowser, Ike, Ganondorf, or King Dedede. There has been some debate (not necessarily on Smash Wrold Forums) about which one is the most powerful. Well, it turns out that Ganondorf is the most powerful with a Reverse Warlock Punch. Bowser comes in second, with Ike right behind him. King Dedede is last. However, King Dedede’s float type jump makes his evasiveness very good. For a boss like Porky, I would choose him, because many of Porky’s attacks involve attacking across the bottom of the screen. I would choose Ganondorf next. His power makes it easy to defeat Porky. Also, his recovery lets him escape many of Porky’s attacks. Next would be Ike. His sword gives him longer reach, and both his B and Up B allow him to take damage with absolutely no knockback during most attacks. Bowser is last, because his recovery sucks, and he can’t really do that much without charging up his Side Smash to the max.

I'll have to finish the rest later.

UberMario

Smash Master
You can use pretty much any character on Intense, I obtained all the boss trophies without using any sticker enhancements. I'd like to note one thing for when you continue (just to make it way easier for you), when you get to Meta-Ridley, don't throw the trophy stand until he attempts to body slam the CENTER of the Falcon Flyer from above the top of the screen, that way the trophy will land on the stage and you'll have a near 100% chance of capturing him (with a vertical throw when he has low HP).

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I just want to say that sticker enhancements have done nothing to help me.

I put big boss ( trophy stand drops +30) on G&W and could'd get a stand to drop for Duon for like 10 min. which I was just ledge stalling.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
I don't ever use trophy stand drop stickers on my characters. I like to use launch resistance for Fox, who's always my final. Also, I already knew that about Meta-Ridley. There is another place that I like to use it though. When he is preping his giant ifreball, get on the back of the Falcon Flyer and hurl it upwards. He's easily yours. Plus, for me, he likes to use his fireball attack more often than the drop.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
My only problem with getting a lot of them is that you still have to play though the level afterward. Just a quick question: if you die, do you lose the boss trophy?

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I actually hate having to get the boss trophies. Its annoying waiting for a trophey stand and the boss somehow kills himself.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I actually hate having to get the boss trophies. Its annoying waiting for a trophey stand and the boss somehow kills himself.
lmfao after like 7-8 tries on duon (it kept spinning the stand off) a stand fnially drops in the middle and then a bomb-omb exploded on duon killing him :mad:

Top Bottom