• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to Ace Arwing Pilot Falco Lombardi - Updated for 2015 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilok

Smash Apprentice
I am unconvinced you know much about falco at a high level.
sorry for the nonconstructive criticism, but the way you talk about falco over the course of the guide, and the glaring number of inaccuracies just seems like you are not currently a good fit to write a modern falco guide (which is something I think would be useful).

LandMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Williaml19354
I am unconvinced you know much about falco at a high level.
sorry for the nonconstructive criticism, but the way you talk about falco over the course of the guide, and the glaring number of inaccuracies just seems like you are not currently a good fit to write a modern falco guide (which is something I think would be useful).
Thank you so much for the feedback, do you mind telling me what information is inaccurate about the guide because i'm new to Falco and it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me with this.

trilok

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much for the feedback, do you mind telling me what information is inaccurate about the guide because i'm new to Falco and it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me with this.
I'm not gonna go over everything, but theres things you say here and there that arent accurate to the current understanding of falco and how he is performing.

Arguably, falco is not fast. Some of his moves might be, but his jumpsquat, horizontal mobility, running speed and weak dashdance make him pretty slow/not mobile compared to the rest of the top characters. He gets by this because of his laser control compensates to some extent. He has many subtle weaknesses other than recovery nowadays including his speed and good sdi kinda limiting his combo game, as well as a bit of struggle against floatier characters. "he makes an effective counter for those tough Peaches." The current metagame does not reflect this, as top falco players are seen struggling against this character relatively. It is very controversial who has the advantage in this matchup, so calling him a counter is not very accurate. Falco is also not unstoppable on final destination. Marth has an advantage here against him, and very good foxes with accurate powershielding, chaingrabbing, and SDI games definitely contest falco here (maybe even very slight advantage). What stage he is good on really depends on the matchup rather than the stage itself (pretty much for all characters, really). Under the pro section: His grab game isn't really a pro compared to other top tiers. he can get grabs, but not really do as much out of them. falco's recovery is definitely not the worst in the game hands down, especially at short range. You again mention fast foot speed and overall speed being a pro which isnt really true. I dont believe falco has any infinites either.

Theres a lot of errors, and I will not go through and address all of them. Its just that some things you say are just so glaringly shocking, that it doesn't seem like you have the best grasp of falco as of right now due to maybe a bit of a lack of experience. Btw, I am definitely not going to claim that I am qualified to write such a guide or that I am even a good falco either for that matter.

Last edited:

LandMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Williaml19354
I'm not gonna go over everything, but theres things you say here and there that arent accurate to the current understanding of falco and how he is performing.

Arguably, falco is not fast. Some of his moves might be, but his jumpsquat, horizontal mobility, running speed and weak dashdance make him pretty slow/not mobile compared to the rest of the top characters. He gets by this because of his laser control compensates to some extent. He has many subtle weaknesses other than recovery nowadays including his speed and good sdi kinda limiting his combo game, as well as a bit of struggle against floatier characters. "he makes an effective counter for those tough Peaches." The current metagame does not reflect this, as top falco players are seen struggling against this character relatively. It is very controversial who has the advantage in this matchup, so calling him a counter is not very accurate. Falco is also not unstoppable on final destination. Marth has an advantage here against him, and very good foxes with accurate powershielding, chaingrabbing, and SDI games definitely contest falco here (maybe even very slight advantage). What stage he is good on really depends on the matchup rather than the stage itself (pretty much for all characters, really). Under the pro section: His grab game isn't really a pro compared to other top tiers. he can get grabs, but not really do as much out of them. falco's recovery is definitely not the worst in the game hands down, especially at short range. You again mention fast foot speed and overall speed being a pro which isnt really true. I dont believe falco has any infinites either.

Theres a lot of errors, and I will not go through and address all of them. Its just that some things you say are just so glaringly shocking, that it doesn't seem like you have the best grasp of falco as of right now due to maybe a bit of a lack of experience. Btw, I am definitely not going to claim that I am qualified to write such a guide or that I am even a good falco either for that matter.

Thank you so much for all the suggestions it helped a lot! I just edited in all the things you said to change, please tell me in the future if there is someone I need to change/delete

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
I agree you seem to have limited understanding of better Falco play and it might not be worth ur time to write a guide about him if ur new to the character. What you have written so far seems like a lot of filler with some superficial observations mixed in. Falcos frame data/move break down is readily available on the Falco discussion boards, so all u really have right now is the intro. You could always research like crazy to make the guide fairly good, however if ur unfamiliar with the character it'll be hard to even know what to look for.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
This looks like a slightly modified copy pasted version of cunning kitsune's guide. Also you used one of my videos without giving credit.

FriendGuy

Smash Cadet
Even though you mention that your guide is based on another, this should be considered plagiarism based on the fact that you copy-pasted A LOT.

Last edited:

LandMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Williaml19354
Even though you mention that your guide is based on another, this should be considered plagiarism based on the fact that you copy-pasted A LOT.
I suppose I have copied too much, but the purpose of this guide is only to help others get better and advance the meta-game of Falco. I did give credit to him but I suppose I should start creating more original content.

FriendGuy

Smash Cadet
This is by far the worse way to help others. A great deal of the stuff in "your" guide applies to fox only, while no one is learning anything specific to Falco. Telling someone to "waveshine grab" with falco isn't going to help anyone.

LandMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Williaml19354
This is by far the worse way to help others. A great deal of the stuff in "your" guide applies to fox only, while no one is learning anything specific to Falco. Telling someone to "waveshine grab" with falco isn't going to help anyone.
Ok, ill make sure too revise this guide to make sure everything is %100 accurate. This update will be done by Friday

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Take this guide down. You blatanty plagiarised half the guide from @ CunningKitsune CunningKitsune , and then tried to apply it to a different character.

The first thing you did wrong was think that Falco and Fox are identical and then think you could copy paste a guide and then use it for Falco. That simply doesn't work.

The second thing that you did wrong was include wrong information about your character. Falco doesn't have a Thunder's Combo AT ALL.

The third thing you did wrong was post it without really notifying any notable Falco mains. I know PPMD is working on a Falco guide, perhaps you could have collaborated?

Also your grammar was really bad and the entire guide was messy overall. I wouldn't mind the grammar if the guide was actually correct. The lack of proper grammar just takes away from it.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Take this guide down. You blatanty plagiarised half the guide from @ CunningKitsune CunningKitsune , and then tried to apply it to a different character.
Let the kid embarrass himself, if he wants to be a moron and copy most of Cunning's guide. Plus PPMD is actually making a guide for Falco anyways, a WAY BETTER Falco than you and has more experience in MU's and Tourneys.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
It is said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. All the same, LandMaster, I must request that you rewrite and resubmit your work as the similarities to my own writing are frankly impossible to ignore; while I appreciate your crediting my guide, rewriting is the best course of action with respect to your integrity as a fellow guide author as well as your development as a Smasher. You have my thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom