• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GUIDE ON HOW TO DEAL WITH BAYONETTA AND HER WITCH TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
No, this isn't a guide. Why? Because if you're looking for advice on beating Bayonetta or her "overpowered" qualities, then you've came to the wrong board.

This board is for Bayonetta players to help themselves and others on how to IMPROVE Bayonetta and EXPAND Bayonetta's meta. If you're looking for a help on fighting Bayonetta, then go to your MAIN'S board, or a character you use that's not Bayonetta.

If you're here for COMPLAINING about Bayonetta being powerful, then take it SOMEWHERE ELSE. Twitter exist for a reason.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Ooook, and so, uhhhh, what is the point of having a thread like that?
To get rid of salt and beating Bayonetta advice threads that take up space, and add stress to the Mods. The Link boards did it and its working decently.

Last edited:

GerudoKong

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only player who thinks Cloud's limit cross slash is far more BS than Witch Time?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Uhm

Helping opponents learn how to counter Bayonetta benefits Bayonetta players as well. It helps us develop a counter to the counter. It's not just complaining, it's the basis of meta game advancement. A better opponent means you get better also.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Uhm

Helping opponents learn how to counter Bayonetta benefits Bayonetta players as well. It helps us develop a counter to the counter. It's not just complaining, it's the basis of meta game advancement. A better opponent means you get better also.
You're right but it doesnt belong to the Bayonetta boards. They're clearly other boards that can achieve this just as easily.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You're right but it doesnt belong to the Bayonetta boards. They're clearly other boards that can achieve this just as easily.
Well we could probably host that information better all in one place rather than every character needing a Vs Bayonetta thread.

Every board should have a "How to beat" thread so we're not just getting free wins against uneducated opponents. That only holds you back.

Last edited:

bryanz

Smash Rookie
Threat is pointles. Clearly this provokes it even more. So I dont see any point to it.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Well great. Instead of making a thread with actual use, I became an asshole and now everyone is ganging up on me, I guess I have no point in trying to help anyway if im naturally unlikable...

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Nooooo this is a learning opportunity. It's all good witch sista

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Thank you for your effort of... helping... by... not helping?

You are not wrong: we as the Bayonetta community don't have the obligation of sharing our secrets, we benefit from others not knowing how to beat us, and other communities are perfectly able to find counter-strategies.

But just helping helps the Smash community as a whole better and faster than not doing it, and as added bonus, it benefits us by adding counter-counter measures.

Also, you're not wrong either that a lot of people simply complain for the sake of it and we don't really welcome brokesayers, but I personally don't mind legitimate questions on how to improve.

:196:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
So this thread is a Bayonetta advice thread? I am sorta confused about what to post here, but the idea is good. Though I am actually FOR keeping some info, I have labbed a lot, and it isn't fun a lot of the times. You lab something for a solid 30 hours, create a long foolproof article, and then have everyone disregard it and get the wrong idea from it, and then complain about it, and then test it themselves, and because they don't know what they are reading, they say it is false and all misinformation, so I reprove it to everyone who comes along....again. Don't be a labber.

In other words, I am not labbing how to get out of her combos, and probably won't post them in the meta thread unless everyone from the Bayonetta boards really wants them.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So.... Since the thread title is what it is, someone may as well answer the question. How do you deal with her and it?

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
Well I'd argue 1.1.5 just helped you deal with it =). Anyway, it's a counter move -- you bait it. It won't always work but it's the only option you have. If you have projectiles/good throws, they help too if your opponent is spamming it (much harder now anyway)

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
I'm also just going to use this thread for real advice, and I'm not complaining about bayo. I actually really don't understand how Bayo functions at all and I'm having issues dealing with her with my Roy. She can both outrange and outmaneuver me. Usually I use my speed to try and feint my opponents out a bit and punish, but it feels like she can be pretty non-committal with her moves both because she's fast and she can use said moves to maneuver around. Does anybody have any tips for a Roy player dealing with her, or what he has that she might not like? I also ask in the spirit of understanding her character too, since she's one I'm not interested in really paying the money for yet.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ok, so given how misleading this thread is, if you actually want to ask something, use the Q&A Thread.

If anything, this thread is the precedent of Bayonettas' actual stance on the matter.
:196:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom