• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] Connecting to Brawl/PM Wifi post-WFC shutdown: Occasional server issues are temporary

Deckete

Smash Cadet
I had done as this tutorial teaches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMVTS9lJFT8
It worked here in my emulator, but now after the server had dropped the 20100 error appeared. The strange thing is that the server seems back to normal, but still continues to appear the error here in my dolphin. That was supposed to happen?

Edit: On my wii, works normally.

Last edited:

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
Is it me or the new servers have alot more input lag but nintendo wifi had alot of studder lag. I play pm and im just wondering.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Is it me or the new servers have alot more input lag but nintendo wifi had alot of studder lag. I play pm and im just wondering.
The overall connection quality of these servers has actually felt much better than NWFC to me, particularly the input lag. The relatively miniscule traffic plays a part in that. I haven't played P:M on the new servers yet, however. Perhaps it's just the people you're playing?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Both servers have been hit-or-miss in my experience

These connection problems are server-side and we'll have to wait them out.

ChanceuPantsu, the only thing I can recommend is trying a fresh PM ISO :(

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
so if i erase my brawl save, how do i register my non-existent friend code on that website? If i do 'play online' will the website assign me a friend code itself?

Saiyan Man

Smash Rookie
NNID
SaiyanManX
3DS FC
5086-2435-4982
So Pidge,your saying that if I use the hackless method for both Brawl and Project M,I could use gecko,and then use texture hacks?

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Is the save file a 100% complete save file, or is it just all characters and stages?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
anyone else getting 20100 (NTSC)? PAL is working but not NTSC...

nvm repatched it works now

Last edited:

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I'm sorry, I'm not quite understanding things from the OP so I have question(s).

Can you connect to wifi with Project M via USB Loading?

If so, how exactly can you do it (or which part of the OP should I follow? The Brawl + USB part?)

I've been following the brawl + USBLoading guide and I'm stuck at putting a wbfs on the root with [RSBE] in it on the SD card, as the patched ISO couldn't possibly fit since it's 7.7 gigs or at least too large for a 2 gig SD card.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Only use usbloader with a usb (requires homebrew), not an SDcard.

KatanaStrife

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlueLightningWlf
I had error code 20100 yesterday, I assume it got patched or whatever. I woke up today and tried connecting to wifi and got error code 51330, can anyone help me out?

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Brawl seems to freeze if I try to play CPUs with the SD card with wifi hacks in the Wii... If I take it out, it's fine. Is this normal?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Brawl seems to freeze if I try to play CPUs with the SD card with wifi hacks in the Wii... If I take it out, it's fine. Is this normal?
It happens to me. I'm pretty sure it's normal.

It also happens with a P:M SD card if you're on Brawl and the SD card is in.

Just remember to take it out if you're playing CPU's.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I mean, if there's been stuff that changed. Wouldn't it be better to give me a summary of what I NEED to know, and a summary of what is NICE to know?
i appreciate where you're coming from but i'm not rewriting the OP that i've been working on for two months

Last edited:

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
i appreciate where you're coming from but i'm not rewriting the OP that i've been working on for two months
I asked for a summary, not a refurnish. I just like information at its most recent state - it's why I don't read books; so many words, trapped in a stasis by their author's past self.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I asked for a summary, not a refurnish. I just like information at its most recent state - it's why I don't read books; so many words, trapped in a stasis by their author's past self.
The op is in the most recent state, I update it as soon as it becomes available, that's why I don't repost it every few days

yohoos

Smash Apprentice
Having problems with PM here got Brawl to work. Idk how to access PM after I load Brawl using the patcher. I thought it would be through the stage editor but nothing happens it just gets stuck at the stage editor.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
The op is in the most recent state, I update it as soon as it becomes available, that's why I don't repost it every few days
Alright, then. Here are some things you may need to know.

I have home brew. Which step do I take to assure the most convenience?

Phazon_Chaos

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phazon_Chaos
3DS FC
3952-7010-9777
While Brawl seems to work fine for me, I've been having the same problem with Project M as multiple other people here, where once opening Brawl through the patcher, upon going to the stage builder there's one "stage" that is trying to load and never does. I've double checked to make sure there isn't a stage on the Wii itself when I take the SD card out, and I've tried re-downloading the hackless/Wi-Fi safe version of Project M, as well as formatting my SD card, but still no luck. Has any who had this issue managed to get it working properly?

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
It happens to me. I'm pretty sure it's normal.

It also happens with a P:M SD card if you're on Brawl and the SD card is in.

Just remember to take it out if you're playing CPU's.
Turns out you just have to go through Stage Builder first to enable the hacks. Then if you try to play CPUs it works.

KatanaStrife

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlueLightningWlf
Anyone else not able to join other people's games now? I'll send a request to join someone's game and it won't show up for them, the smae thing happens for them if they try to join me. Any solution or is it just maintenance?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Anyone else not able to join other people's games now? I'll send a request to join someone's game and it won't show up for them, the smae thing happens for them if they try to join me. Any solution or is it just maintenance?
Presumably just more maintenance going on. Can't say for how long it'll last.

Last edited:

KatanaStrife

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlueLightningWlf
I was about to ask the same question as KatanaStrife.
Yeah, it's still not working, I barely got it working last night but I had to wait forever for the actual message to show up, now it's just not showing up at all, no matter how long I wait. I'm hoping the wiimmfi servers won't be this faulty for this long.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Interesting. I stopped getting notifications.

The problems are stemming from the server hardware. Wiimm is planning on upgrading asap, but he's very ill right now. Hang tight, guys.

Seibu

Smash Cadet
Sincerest sympathies to Wiimm. Wish there was something more I could do to help him out with either issue. Now understanding what the problems are, I have a greater patience for the server problem getting resolved. Thank you dearly for clarifying, pidgezero!

May Wiimm make a soon recovery from his illness.

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
Okay this is MONTHS late xD I apologize. Okay so I have the Hackless Full-set for Project M , is it possible for me to get Riivolution on the same SD card?

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
So Project M still has that stuck on "Joining room..." screen bug? I don't get it, when this new backup server first went up it was all fine but like two weeks ago this happened and it's still happening?

link2702

Smash Champion
so i hooked up my old wii to test out the servers(wii u still can't get it to work....) and I'ma deciding to wipe my friend list clear(since Its unlikely I'll ever see any of em on, i doubt any of em even know about riivolution....) so I'll add anyone here.

in the meantime while waiting for replies, i'll head to basic brawl and see if anyone pops up lol....

Top Bottom