• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Group records doesn't have ZSS

Tatty_bonga

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure how many of you are complete statistic nerds like myself, but my 3 friends (who play on a daily basis just about) we keep track of wins losses, and what not. I usually like to look at specific character stats for all completed games, which I have used to track my stats for my other mains. It come to show to ZSS doesn't have her own name separate from regular Samus. Now my records are mostly useless for my ZSS since one of my noob friends plays regular Samus and losses every time. All the names slots are full as well, and I can't delete any of them since I can't lose specific person records.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
sorry i don't mean to be rude but this is a waste of topic i don't even pay attention to the stats because, My friends are to easy :/

Zero

Smash Hero
Actually I understand all too well. Except I don't have the noob friend Samus main dragging my stats down. It's quite annoying. But I guess this doesn't belong in character discussion.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
It's interesting that they give Zelda/Sheik different names but not Zero Suit/Power Suit, since Zelda/Sheik can freely transform and ZS/PS cannot. It's also odd that Zero Suit is just known as "Samus" when the stage mentions names (PS, PS2, and Pictochat) but has her own crowd cheer and is known as "Zero Suit Samus" at the end of a match.

FURTHERMORE, Pokémon Trainer has one generic crowd cheer but each Pokémon can be selected directly from the main screen and all have their own names at the end of a match. I'm not sure how they appear on stats.

At any rate, it feels like Sakurai wasn't planning for people to actually use ZSS as a regular character since she's so separated from the main cast in terms of selection. He even says on the Dojo, "Yes, Zero Suit Samus isn’t the stoutest of fighters, so picking up a Smash Ball is cause for relief." Were they not aware of how awesome they made her?

noradseven

Smash Lord
Man my friends got into a huge argument over this, complaining about the stats it was great, well norad you only have the most wins because you play FFA so much its harder to not lose in team matches(they only play the Olimar/Dedede, and the other only Sheik/MK, I go random alot. I can't believe I had to explain that that you only win if you get first place, not 1/2 wins or something for second, and considering the fact that ZSS was only 5th most played with 2 ZSS mains, and someone who uses samus as there number 3, and the most played was sheik(okay we all play either sheik or zelda), then Oli, then meta, they only play them there points where kinda moot.

TL;DR
Stats are silly, if you want to impress your friends, set compies to 1 health match pick fox, gooooo.

Top Bottom