• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja's Uair has a meteor effect at 0-8%...is it the first 0 to Death combo?

Do you personally think this discovery is the first 0 to Death combo?

• Yes

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Maybe we can Vector a Sling Spike into a Boost Grab. :troll:

Seriously though this has a lot of potential. I am glad to know you can spike in a new way in this game and I am sure this will be used.
I understand your first line was a joke about all the naming conventions (and the naming race) going on. But you CAN actually combo this technique into a grab on stage (as long as the opponent is low enough % where he doesn't bounce). I've done it myself.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Is this not simply using a move that has a downward hitbox during its multi-hit, and ending it before it ends? This was in Brawl iircc, I used to do it with Ness's fair - you could make people bounce on the ground if you used it while landing correctly.

It's cool.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Wonder if this works with Pikachu's F-Air or B-Air?
I've tried continuously with Bair, and it does have an effect to drag the opponents down with you, but it lack the last meteor hit, instea it has them fly up to the left/right. Which doesn't really match the "all multi hit moves do this" theory. Unless if I've been doing it wrong the whole time. I haven't tried his fair, I will see if it works.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I love that people are finding new things but these names are completely questionable..

If you're connecting the last hit then they're going to have non-semispike knockback because that is the last hitbox's coded knockback. What you have to do is NOT hit with the last hit. Try fastfalling it near the edge

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Is this not simply using a move that has a downward hitbox during its multi-hit, and ending it before it ends? This was in Brawl iircc, I used to do it with Ness's fair - you could make people bounce on the ground if you used it while landing correctly.

It's cool.

No multi-hits don't have downwards hitbox, they have a property where they will make your opponent match your speed and direction upon first hit. If you are fast falling when you hit the opponent then he will start plummeting downwards.

This isn't a "this move spikes" technique it's more of a: "you can make all of these different moves spike by doing them in this way".

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I've tried continuously with Bair, and it does have an effect to drag the opponents down with you, but it lack the last meteor hit, instea it has them fly up to the left/right. Which doesn't really match the "all multi hit moves do this" theory. Unless if I've been doing it wrong the whole time. I haven't tried his fair, I will see if it works.

The property all multi-hit moves share is that they carry force your opponent to match your speed and direction on the first hit.

In order to combo onstage your move is required to auto cancel.

In order to spike offstage you must be able to hit your opponent somewhere where he can consistently "leave" the hitbox before the final hit comes out.

Try hitting your opponent with the very tip of the hitbox and then moving away from him as soon as you hit.

Also after some though I think this technique should have an actual name as UAFF only works for Greninja and Sheik. Most people have Multi-Hits on their F-Air or B-Air.

How about MHS? Mulit-Hit Spike. Pretty self-explainatory.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
No multi-hits don't have downwards hitbox, they have a property where they will make your opponent match your speed and direction upon first hit. If you are fast falling when you hit the opponent then he will start plummeting downwards.

This isn't a "this move spikes" technique it's more of a: "you can make all of these different moves spike by doing them in this way".
Yes I know, that is what I meant haha :) A lot of moves don't have 'spike' properties, but if you're heading downward while using them, you'll drag the opponent down with you. It's a cool mechanic and I've enjoyed it on certain characters in the past.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yes I know, that is what I meant haha :) A lot of moves don't have 'spike' properties, but if you're heading downward while using them, you'll drag the opponent down with you. It's a cool mechanic and I've enjoyed it on certain characters in the past.
In this case you only need to hit your opponent with one hit while fast falling and it spikes him just like a real spike would. I don't recall being able to do that with any multi-hit before.

Shog

Smash Ace
God I hate this stupid names, can stop with that for once?

Otherwise this seems to be interesting. Not sure about me, a casual, but nontheless interesting.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
God I hate this stupid names, can stop with that for once?

Otherwise this seems to be interesting. Not sure about me, a casual, but nontheless interesting.
It's pretty easy to perform if you're on top of your opponent. It's good for everyone to know.

The technique does need a name as it affects about 1/3rd of the cast and it's something that will see a lot of play in the game.

I proposed UAFF (Up-Air Fast Fall) but it's fairly obvious that some characters do it with their F-Airs and B-Airs so how about MHFF? Multi-Hit Fast Fall.

That way, just like I explained above, you can write your follow ups in a very neat matter when you're trying to explain a combo. MHFF-Grab, MHFF-Spike, MHFF-Up Smash, etc.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Multi-Hit Spike or Multi-Hit Meteor Smash.

Like seriously wtf is a sling spike.

Shog

Smash Ace
Oh, Multi-Hit Spike actually fits and explains (to me) how it works or is similar to something I heard about. And is that the move which Metaknight does with Forward Aerial?
Is there a character in the Demo which can do that, so I could try this?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Oh, Multi-Hit Spike actually fits and explains (to me) how it works or is similar to something I heard about. And is that the move which Metaknight does with Forward Aerial?
Is there a character in the Demo which can do that, so I could try this?
Yes, this is what MK does in the video and everyone with a Multi-Hit can do the exact same thing Metaknight was doing.

Megaman and Pikachu both can do it with their B-Airs. MHS explains what is going on at a game level but doesn't really tell the player how to do it. I like the name though as people will understand exactly what the mechanic is going to do once they read the name.

Last edited:

B0NK

Smash Lord
Yeah, cause "wavedashing" really tells the player how to do it in any game.

And thanks, I'm glad you like the name lol.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
:201s::201t::201o::201p:
:201n::201a::201m::201i::201n::201g:
:201s::201t::201u::201f::201f:
:201b::201e::201f::201o::201r::201e:
:201i:
:201e::201x::201p::201l::201o::201a::201d:.
plzNtnkU
Explode*

Also, the technique does require a name. How are you going to communicate it to people otherwise?

Things are always bad in excess. Naming things just because is just as bad as being against naming things just because.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Although we all have to agree that the names should be reasonable, not completly random. For example, after reading Multi-Hit Spike, I understood this concept better and got reminded of MK combo video.

While the Sling Spike makes me think of Forward Aerial from Villager

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Although we all have to agree that the names should be reasonable, not completly random. For example, after reading Multi-Hit Spike, I understood this concept better and got reminded of MK combo video.

While the Sling Spike makes me think of Forward Aerial from Villager

I agree that we shouldn't be naming things to get famous or get the satisfaction of naming it whatever you want. Names shouldn't be ridiculous or confuse players. We should name things to make it completely clear to the player what the technique will do (or in some cases how to perform the technique).

Multi-Hit Spike is a perfect name IMO.

Last edited:
I still think this should be called an autolink semi-spike because thats exactly what it is but WHATEVER :224:

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
Sheik's uair functions practically the same way, so it doesn't seem like it's character specific with multihits

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
is there a trick to it im not getting i cant seem to catch the cpu with the start of the up air that or i cant get the fast fall for my uair

Top Bottom