• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja's hats/alternate palettes/whatevers speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
What do you think his/her alternate costumes will be?

ALL 8 COLOURS ARE NOW CONFIRMED

Here are my speculations:

Shiny, frogadier, politoed (because it's also a frog), mewtwo (because greninja may replace mewtwo), and slowpoke (because, water type? WYNAUT)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The Kirby hat better have the tongue. If it does, it's going to be ****ing glorious.

Also, I like the color palettes in the OP, but which one is for the red team?

I know Pink is probably the answer, but don't they normally have a great deal more of the actual team color on them for those outfits?

The Shiny tongue is red, but I'm not sure if that fits. Still love those colors. Alot. Especially the last one.

Last edited:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Shiny Greneninja would be really really awesome imo.

I think Sakurai will implement it.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Shiny must be an alternate color. It's interesting, though, that no Pokemon in Brawl had shiny colors. I hope it's not the same this time around.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Shiny must be an alternate color. It's interesting, though, that no Pokemon in Brawl had shiny colors. I hope it's not the same this time around.
Pikachu did in a way. Then again, his shiny isn't that different that normal colouring anyway.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm actually more excited about pink and green colors than I am the shiny, despite him having an amazing shiny.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Maybe I'm crazy, but I want a hat alt that has a sombrero.

And maybe a poncho....or his tongue acting as a poncho

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Blazekin instead of Slowpoke in my opinion. It's a better Red Team option (Unless shiny is red team, then awesome) and Blazekin is probably the only super-fan-favorite Pokémon that will never get representation. Yeah, it isn't a frog, but... Whatever.

edit: Oh, and also, I really like the Politoed design, but I prefer to think of it as an Ivysaur design to mourn for the forgotten.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Pink is the manliest color, if Captain Falcon and Luigi (the manliest characters in Smash) have pink outfits, Greninja needs a pink color too.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I would definitely not be surprised if Shiny Greninja is an alt for Greninja (just like how I wouldn't be surprised to see shiny forms as alts for PIkachu, Lucario & Charizard). I love the Frogadier alt posted in the OP by the way! Not sure what else they could do, but I do like what the OP posted!

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I would definitely not be surprised if Shiny Greninja is an alt for Greninja (just like how I wouldn't be surprised to see shiny forms as alts for PIkachu, Lucario & Charizard). I love the Frogadier alt posted in the OP by the way! Not sure what else they could do, but I do like what the OP posted!
Thanks! I was really struggling for ideas when I made the Mewtwo and Slowpoke ones, though.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
But Red Pikachu IS a shiny. He just has a cap. Same goes for Jigglypuff. I thought everyone knew that...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I want hats for all the pokemon. I don't know what Charizard would wear, but Greninja could have a ninja hood.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I would imagine that Shiny Greninja is an obvious choice for color swap, and it does look cool. But I would like to see what Greninja looks like with the colors of the other Kalos starters. That should make for some easy choices with the Red and Green teams.

SVGK

Smash Rookie
I love the shiny so much, I'm looking forward to greninja despite not having played pokemon, he just looks too awesome to not play as.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Lucario's wasn't in Smash until PM 3.0, so hopefully that'll change in Sm4sh 4. Especially if they're putting work into alt costumes, the necessary colors seem like a no brainer.

D

Deleted member

If Greninja has a Politoed styled recolor, l don't think I'll ever use another character.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
So am I the only one who feels like Greninja would look perfect in a cowboy hat? Just the expression and position of his eyes makes me want him to have a cowboy hat.

NNID
Majorasmask66
shiny greninja wouldnt be a change to his model like a costume, it would just be a color change. thats all they can do. alternate costumes though are a tough one. maybe they should make some up on the spot like a assassin inspired outfit or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom