• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Greninja True Combos and Strings

Firox

Smash Master
I mapped jump to left trigger for a week after that MySmashCorner video came out, could never get used to it. I perform mine exactly as you describe, I guess just keep practicing man. Greninjas strings are so fun it doesnt even feel like practice to me lmao I love this frog.
lol I know, right? Greninja is a blast even in training.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
I mapped jump to left trigger for a week after that MySmashCorner video came out, could never get used to it. I perform mine exactly as you describe, I guess just keep practicing man. Greninjas strings are so fun it doesnt even feel like practice to me lmao I love this frog.
Well, don't get too used to it, it can backfire. Last time I got to play on a social they banned re-arranging the controls, even with a custom name. And due to being used to grab and jump with the right triggers, I got messed up HARD. Then again those guys let themselves get robbed by one of their own associates, so...

Firox

Smash Master
Well, don't get too used to it, it can backfire. Last time I got to play on a social they banned re-arranging the controls, even with a custom name. And due to being used to grab and jump with the right triggers, I got messed up HARD. Then again those guys let themselves get robbed by one of their own associates, so...
I'm sorry, not allowing custom controls is just stupid. First of all, tap jump should be defaulted to off, so that right there is a deal breaker for me. Secondly, 90% of competitive smash players have at least one button or another custom mapped for convenience. I, for one, played a lot of Sm4sh on the 3DS which didn't have a z trigger for grabbing so I got used to having X mapped for grabs. I also have the pro controller mapped to mirror the gamecube controller as closely as possible, with Y being special, B being attack and A being jump. If I didn't have my trusty GC controller and was forced to play without custom controls, I would literally be unable to function.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
I'm sorry, not allowing custom controls is just stupid. First of all, tap jump should be defaulted to off, so that right there is a deal breaker for me. Secondly, 90% of competitive smash players have at least one button or another custom mapped for convenience.
Yeah, that is about exactly what I said to them. I am used to the New 3DS default controlsin particular, except with the far right trigger swapped to Jump and the far left one swapped to grab. After mentioning as politely as possibe, I almost got kicked out of the event for this, wich honestly in hindsight would have been preferable to having to play with the default controls AND not being able to play Greninja or even my secondaries Corrin and Robin in half of the set-ups.

That aside, mapping a trigger to jump is almost mandatory on Greninja. Many combos require fast jumps and immediate presses of the attack buttnos, and literally become impossible if you use XY to short-hop.

Firox

Smash Master
Yeah, that is about exactly what I said to them. I am used to the New 3DS default controlsin particular, except with the far right trigger swapped to Jump and the far left one swapped to grab. After mentioning as politely as possibe, I almost got kicked out of the event for this, wich honestly in hindsight would have been preferable to having to play with the default controls AND not being able to play Greninja or even my secondaries Corrin and Robin in half of the set-ups.

That aside, mapping a trigger to jump is almost mandatory on Greninja. Many combos require fast jumps and immediate presses of the attack buttnos, and literally become impossible if you use XY to short-hop.
You're exactly right. I learned early on that fast characters like Greninja and Fox CANNOT be played optimally without a trigger jump, especially now that we have that A+Jump=Short hop macro in play. I've had to retrain my brain to add that tiny delay needed to not accidentally short hop.

Top Bottom