• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja Timeout Character?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
You can certainly do it if you want. Especially if your opponent is slow.

A character with some of the best mobility in the game and a great projectile for camping should be able to do time outs pretty well.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Yes, he can time people out extremely well with the buffed shurikens. Can be done through a combination of speed camping (think Sonic) and normal zoning. I'd say he's one of the best characters for timeouts.

Fanttum

Smash Cadet
I've timed out against a Robbin, and a few mega mans.
If your going for a time out, Duck Hunt is your friend.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I've timed out a Ness before with Greninja. Even though I hate doing it because I know it's frowned upon, it is necessary if you're playing to win, especially if you have the % lead with only 30 sec left.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Given Greninja's mobility specs, it is indeed possible to work Greninja as a time-out character.

Though I think it'd be best as a tactic against much slower characters, as Full stated.

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
You need to be so careful as Greninja that sometimes you time out without even meaning to.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
There are moments when I play Greninja where I have to time-out a match because my opponent is playing very defensively forcing me to stand back and throw WS's ...

If your opponent is not approaching just try to force them to approach by "Spamming" WS and if that doesn't work then you have successfully timed out a match! :p

Top Bottom