• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

greninja, Greninjance, GRENINJACT6 - Greninja palette poll

Which of Greninja's palettes is your favorite?

• Blue (Default)

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Red

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • Pink

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Black

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Lavender

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Green

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Grey

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • Purple

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
The only problem I have with the grey, as well as the green and the lavender, are why on earth are tongues different colors? I get that it looks cooler and less "tongue-y" but it just seems unnatural :p

RedBeefBaron

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redbeefbaron
The grey one is sweet. I call it withered Greninja. Shiny Greninja is obviously sweet too, but I dont feel I've earned the right to use it yet lol.

I play red the most.

Last edited:

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
brb switching to pink until I vomit

ok that didn't even last until I finished typing

Just tried it now, after you reminded me that pink was even an option.

Ewwwww. It's like Greninja got stuck in a cotton candy machine. I'll stick with the default, thank you.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Oh, don't come at a lifelong critter-catcher with a Biology degree trying to get uppity with the frog knowledge. I'll show you things you've never seen before. "Hairy" frogs, frogs with bone claws, burrowing frogs, and frogs in every color of the rainbow, son. I've seen a bullfrog snatch a swallow straight out of the air during a field study. I know my frogs, and I like my Greninja classic, cartoony green. :laugh:

All joking aside, dart frogs are pretty sweet. Greninja really isn't that crazy-looking by frog standards besides his tongue scarf. The colors of a dart frog, lanky limbs and proportions of a tree frog, and head projections of some horned frogs are all cues taken pretty directly from the natural world.

Gator

Smash Cadet
As much as i love greninja, i honestly dont like too many of his alternate colors. Gray and blue are the only ones i really like, but out of the two, i think the gray is the prettiest one.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Oh, don't come at a lifelong critter-catcher with a Biology degree trying to get uppity with the frog knowledge. I'll show you things you've never seen before. "Hairy" frogs, frogs with bone claws, burrowing frogs, and frogs in every color of the rainbow, son. I've seen a bullfrog snatch a swallow straight out of the air during a field study. I know my frogs, and I like my Greninja classic, cartoony green. :laugh:

All joking aside, dart frogs are pretty sweet. Greninja really isn't that crazy-looking by frog standards besides his tongue scarf. The colors of a dart frog, lanky limbs and proportions of a tree frog, and head projections of some horned frogs are all cues taken pretty directly from the natural world.
tELL ME EVERYTHING

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
tELL ME EVERYTHING
Taking a brief side tour from the primary topic to sate your amphibious curiosities:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy_Frog This is a description of the Hairy Frog: also known as the Horror or Wolverine Frog. Males develop hair-like protrusions during the breeding season, and they have retractable "claws" that are actually bones they intentionally break and force through the skin to ward off attackers.

Here are some pics of species which bear a few similarities to our buddy Greninja. From top to bottom - Malaysian Horned Frog, Red-eyed Tree Frog, Indian Bullfrog

I would also recommend looking up the Flying Frog, the Purple Frog, the Pacman Frog, Darwin's Frog, the Glass Frog, and the Surinam Toad. All have super interesting appearances and behaviors. Also check out the Goliath Frog and Paedophryne amauensis to see the range in size they can achieve, from good-sized beasties to the smallest known vertebrate.

I will leave you with this adorable little fellow, the Desert Rain Frog:

Disclaimer: I have a wide-ranging interest in the natural world and a BS in Biology, but have mostly studied birds (that's when I saw a frog catch and eat a bird) and marine life in the field. Amphibians are just cool, and I grew up catching frogs and toads all over the place.

darktrickster101

Smash Cadet
My personal favourite is the red greninja. red as in the colour of the enemies blood plus red greninja looks badass. Not to mention I never see anyone play red greninja so its kind of a signature look.

Last edited:

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
I'm officially switching to either purple or black greninja. Haven't decided on which, leaning towards purple because everyone uses the black one.

Shog

Smash Ace
I'm officially switching to either purple or black greninja. Haven't decided on which, leaning towards purple because everyone uses the black one.
JOIN THE GENGAR NINJA SIDE
(yeah everyones black, that's also a good motivation)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
My favorite palette would have to be Black Greninja, followed by Red then Green and Grey, but most of the time I'll go with the Black palette (if it's taken, then I roll with the Grey palette, or the 2 that precedes it).

The palette in between the Black and Green alts is a nice palette as well

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I used to like the green palette best, but now I find myself leaning towards Red and Blue the most, especially Red. Blue is my favorite color overall, but I think Red looks cooler on Greninja for some reason so I go with that (and its still my 2nd favorite color too).

I love all of Greninja's colors though and tend to switch from them all from time to time..... except the Lavender one, its bleh :glare:

KERO

Smash Journeyman
A little off-topic, but I'm loving the discussion on frogs going on in here. Been obsessed with frogs since early 2009, entirely because of one song, but never got around to formally studying them (I have no business getting a biology degree or anything like that). Funnily enough, I've only ever seen a frog outside once in my life when I was really young (even though I tried to back in the summer of 2010).

Oh, and uhh, purple Greninja is best Greninja.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
A little off-topic, but I'm loving the discussion on frogs going on in here. Been obsessed with frogs since early 2009, entirely because of one song, but never got around to formally studying them (I have no business getting a biology degree or anything like that). Funnily enough, I've only ever seen a frog outside once in my life when I was really young (even though I tried to back in the summer of 2010).

Oh, and uhh, purple Greninja is best Greninja.
Hey at least you saw more frogs than me.

Greninja is the main reason I got somewhat into frogs though I've never gotten anywhere close to one in my life.

To get on-topic, I'm starting to appreciate purple Greninja more now.

D

Deleted member

Purple Greninja is still my favorite palette of them all. I've started to like the red one and also the black one with orange tongue, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom