• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

greninja, Greninjance, GRENINJACT6 - Greninja palette poll

Which of Greninja's palettes is your favorite?

• Blue (Default)

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Red

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • Pink

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Black

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Lavender

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Green

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Grey

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • Purple

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Bonus points if you get the thread title reference.
The question of the ages - what's your favorite color?

I like grey Greninja.

Here are ordered icons as a refresher because @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans doesn't know what colors are:

Last edited:
**** I don't know which one mine is but its the one that looks like it fell into a barrel of radioactive nasty

I think its lavender?

Last edited:

Spirst

Excellent thread. I too prefer Greyninja. Expecting black to be # 1

joaoTforce

Smash Cadet
NNID
joaoTforce
3DS FC
3711-7595-3873
I use shiny greninja most of the time, but my favorite is greeninja. just because green is my favorite color.

I like grey Greninja.

Here are icons as a refresher because @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans doesn't know what colors are:

1. Blue

2. Red

3. Pink

4. Black

5. Lavender

6. Green

7. Grey

8. Purple
I was going to be offended but this is a helpful post so I'm not

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Gee people really like the greyninja huh.

I go with default most of the time since that's the design that made me love Greninja in the first place, but sometimes I use the shiny palette. Never really used the others because I don't really think they work as well.

Does anybody really use the red palette? Seriously I've been playing since day 3 and I never saw anybody use red ninja.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Does anybody really use the red palette? Seriously I've been playing since day 3 and I never saw anybody use red ninja.
Nietono did, before he dropped Greninja.

I want to say aMSa used to since he usually plays red palettes, but I'm pretty sure he switched to the shiny palette.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Nietono did, before he dropped Greninja.

I want to say aMSa used to since he usually plays red palettes, but I'm pretty sure he switched to the shiny palette.
Huh. To be honest the only palettes I see people use usually are default, shiny, gray and pink. I don't think I've seen anyone use green before either but I disgress.

Overall I think Greninja has a nice selection of colors for him, it's just that it feels wrong to me to play Greninja without the default or shiny palette since I'm so used to those two =P

Spirst

Greyninja is winning. Now I can't be a special and unique snowflake

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
brb switching to pink until I vomit

ok that didn't even last until I finished typing

Spirst

Wow, I just realized that I have never seen a pink Greninja. I've seen red even but not pink. I forgot that was even a color palette.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I actually thought I'd be okay with pink as a sometimes palette looking at it on character select, but it is horrifying once you start playing.

I don't even have anything witty to say about it, it's just that bad.

MartinAW4

Smash Journeyman
I use purple Greninja 99% of the time, but I like green and red too.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I go with default most of the time since that's the design that made me love Greninja in the first place, but sometimes I use the shiny palette. Never really used the others because I don't really think they work as well.
Yeah. I've got the same thoughts on the palettes as well.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I like most of them, but I use the Black one more often than the rest.

Also, I think I might get the title reference, not 100% sure though.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Green because green is my favorite color in general but I love default and shiny (black) a lot as well.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Purple Greninja in celebration of Majora's Mask 3D! The announcement of that game is actually what pushed me all the way to purple tbh. I was stuck between grey/white, green, purple, and black originally, but then a remake of my favorite game of all time was announced, and I knew that I was destined to play that sublime deep purple. Also, blends into FD nicely enough. Love the thread title btw haha.

Completely unrelated but thought I might share it anyway: my first Smashboards account way back in 2008 went under the name of Majora's Incarnation lol.

MartinAW4

Smash Journeyman
Purple Greninja in celebration of Majora's Mask 3D! The announcement of that game is actually what pushed me all the way to purple tbh. I was stuck between grey/white, green, purple, and black originally, but then a remake of my favorite game of all time was announced, and I knew that I was destined to play that sublime deep purple. Also, blends into FD nicely enough. Love the thread title btw haha.

Completely unrelated but thought I might share it anyway: my first Smashboards account way back in 2008 went under the name of Majora's Incarnation lol.
That was actually my reason for choosing purple as my most used color, since it makes you harder to notice on FD.

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
I go default all the time but if there is another Greninja I don't mind going red or dark purple to avoid confusion. I'm not the type of person who is like "I'm the real blue Greninja" if you know what I mean.

But I do prefer the original the most

D

Deleted member

I used the shiny (black with red tongue) during the first few days of Smash 3DS. I've since changed to purple which I really like, and have never thought about switching back. The red one has to be my second favorite though, it reminds me of a poison dart frog.

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
I would use the black one occasionally if it was the real shiny one. It's not shiny Greninja, the real one is all black with a red tongue and doesn't have the yellowish body.

Still would like regular the most tho

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I actually prefer Smash's version of the Shiny palette more than the one in Pokémon. Entirely black looks really boring to me and black and yellow go along pretty well too.

Spirst

I actually prefer Smash's version of the Shiny palette more than the one in Pokémon. Entirely black looks really boring to me and black and yellow go along pretty well too.
Same here. All black is really montonous and the whole black/red color choice seems like something an edgy 11 year old would design.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I always use the black shiny-ish palette.In fact, like @ FullMoon FullMoon said, it's much more interesting than his actual shiny palette.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke

I like grey Greninja.

Here are badly rendered icons (in order) as a refresher because @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans doesn't know what colors are:

No one likes the pink one? really?

BlinkIV

Avenger
Guys, help me.

Regular: Greninja
Red: Greninblood
Pink: Grefabolous
Black: Greni**a (You know the term.)
Lavender: ?
Green: The Green Frog
Gray: Grayninja?
Purple: Prince

Me and Oracle play dittos often and come up with nicknames. We must use these..destined.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Guys, help me.

Regular: Greninja
Red: Greninblood
Pink: Grefabolous
Black: Greni**a (You know the term.)
Lavender: ?
Green: The Green Frog
Gray: Grayninja?
Purple: Prince

Me and Oracle play dittos often and come up with nicknames. We must use these..destined.
Lavender: Lavenja? Gravender?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
For me Lavender is Reptar Bar Greninja because his tongue turned green (that's my main color btw :) )

Also:
Pink is Lickitung
Purple is Gengar or Shadow Greninja
Black is Shiny
Green is Frogger
Red is Classy
Grey is Beta Mewtwo?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Red or gtfo.

Though I'll occasionally switch to pink if I wanna annoy my opponent. Will once in a while switch to another color if I'm feeling edgy. Never blue though. **** blue.

But mostly red.

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
I actually adore the pink one. He looks like a stick of big red gum and that pleases me.

Shog

Smash Ace
What the hell at the color names...it is obvious the color palletes are inspiried by Pokemon with long tongues...
Purple: Gengar
Pink: Lickitung
Green: Kecleon
etc.

I like the Gengar palette the most, followed by Pink

Shog

Smash Ace
I actually adore the pink one. He looks like a stick of big red gum and that pleases me.
THIS. I wasn't sure why I like the pink color so much, but the combination of Lickitungs Color-scheme really gives of a "gum" color, that's true! Pink is definitely my second fav. color after Gengar.

Pink grenjinja users, UNITE!
Yuss. Weird how the only Pink Palette I like on characters are Yoshi(nostalgia) and Greninja...both have tongues.

Something wrong with me.

Last edited:

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
I would imagine most Smash characters have tongues lol

Just not all of them use them in battle ;)

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I like to think of the grey one as being white, because his scarf/tongue is white. Kind of like a winter ninja. d:

Last edited:
Top Bottom