• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja D-air

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
So I was watching a video of Nietono, who seems to be a pretty solid Greninja player right now, and I saw him use d-air and then either counter or shadow sneak. Could someone clarify this for me, and explain how to do it?

Here's the link, its at about 4:12 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd6K3UrtPfk#t=250

Br0kenEng1ish

Smash Cadet
After landing with your down air you can cancel the landing lag with shadow sneak, it's pretty well known and not always that safe because of shadow sneak long ending animation.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
After landing with your down air you can cancel the landing lag with shadow sneak, it's pretty well known and not always that safe because of shadow sneak long ending animation.
It's something you'll get away with for quite a while this early in the meta until opponents start picking up on it. But still even then it's an excellent option to have and it forces your opponents to respect your d-air even more.

Br0kenEng1ish

Smash Cadet
It's something you'll get away with for quite a while this early in the meta until opponents start picking up on it. But still even then it's an excellent option to have and it forces your opponents to respect your d-air even more.
Of course having options is always good, just saying not to make a habit of it. Use it every now and than to punish until opponents respect it, that's where you can start with your 50/50 mind games for when they want to punish.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Of course having options is always good, just saying not to make a habit of it. Use it every now and than to punish until opponents respect it, that's where you can start with your 50/50 mind games for when they want to punish.
Pretty much, its an option for a reason, its not your only option and it should be taken advantage of that you have more than 1.

Her0Noi5e

Smash Cadet
It's a pretty good move in my opinion, because the lag at the end of the dair is really punishable, but having that extension oft he shadow sneak is really nice too get out of an awkward spot. Definitely don't make it a habit though, you shouldn't be spamming your Dair as much, you've got to be unpredictable with him, so using it too much will be really bad later on if your opponent starts to pick up on it.

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
I played a Greninja Ditto in For Glory yesterday and my opponent did this. I had not learned about it yet, but it really caught me off guard. It seems to be a really good mixup, and helps you avoid getting Dair punished (though you can get punished off the Shadow Sneak if you don't play your cards right).

木西Galaxy

Smash Rookie
I agree that it may still be punishable though. It seems as if most of his b moves (excluding his water shuriken) have a lot of ending lag. So although going into side b from dair may catch your opponent off guard, if you miss or the opponent is expecting it, there is still a lot of ending lag. I would rather just drop nair bombs on people.

Top Bottom