• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greetings UK! S. FL smasher coming for School at Epsom

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone. I'm coming to Epsom on Sept 22 this wednesday. I interested to see what the smash community/tournaments are like around the UK, particulary near Epsom for Melee. I've been out of smash for a bit but looking to get some rust off. Though I'm not sure how much free time I'll have since I'll be studying here for Med School in Epsom till June. I'm a doc/peach/falco player but play other characters as well. Hope the competition good.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

hi honors, I'm Willz (I got super banned on this site so someone is using this account to post for me). You actually live quite near to Jolteon, who lives in Surbiton. Try and get in contact with him, maybe you could meet up with him or something and play smash =]

also it sucks that you came this week, if you arrived a week ago then you would of possibly been able to attend the monthly on the 18th in Barkingside (this is where mostly all tournaments are held in London).

Honors

Smash Journeyman
that sucks. How close is Surbiton to Epsom General Hospital? Also, do they still sell GC controllers over there? That would be the only thing preventing me from playing.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Willz Says:

according to google it's about a 15mins+ drive to Surbiton from Epsom.

You can purchase unofficial GC controllers at GAME, although they suck. If you want official then you'll either have to search for 2nd hand ones at local markets or other gaming shops (Gamestation sells 2nd hand ones where I live, some are in pretty good condition). Ebay is also good as well.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
My ex lives in Epsom, it's quite close. I think the 406 goes from there to Surbiton.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
wow, the delay for that reply lasted longer than I've been in the smash community.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good :)

I look forward to playing you....BTW do you have any videos of yourself on youtube or anything?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uE0uJMOPTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm-PJJJu5kY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBc7GFNuV6Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-XtKMNQHo0&feature=related

These are the only ones on youtube, there used to be a video vs. Doodah (fox) vs. Honors (doc)

Just bought gamestation gear for my stay here 5 sterling pounds, so I'm ready for challenges now.

wow, the delay for that reply lasted longer than I've been in the smash community.
Don't worry, I'll post more earlier next time, that way I won't find you old, decrepited or in your grave missing the chance to face you ;).

Tamoo

Smash Master
wow that's over 2 years old lol, not bad at all though

You going to the monthly on the 5th Feb? Should be a good experience

Edit: nvm just read the london thread. The best people to call would either be Fuzzyness or Jolteon.

My number's 07964489774 if them two fail but I'm really bad at giving directions around there as I find it confusing myself :/

Honors

Smash Journeyman
wow that's over 2 years old lol, not bad at all though

You going to the monthly on the 5th Feb? Should be a good experience

Edit: nvm just read the london thread. The best people to call would either be Fuzzyness or Jolteon.

Thanks Tamoo, I guess I'll end up being the grandpa at the monthly. Started in 03, that video was practically when I stopped playing smash. Last tournament I went was in 09.

my cell is 07923531777

My number's 07964489774 if them two fail but I'm really bad at giving directions around there as I find it confusing myself :/
I live close.

!
Let me know when you are free and how to find you or if you want to find me instead, though I don't have the game or system.

Jolteon

Uh I'm free most weekends xD since I live like 20 mins away from Epsom via bus it's not very difficult for me to travel there at all! My mum doesn't really like me having a load of people over but if prof is up for it I could invite you and him over so you can play him?

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Uh I'm free most weekends xD since I live like 20 mins away from Epsom via bus it's not very difficult for me to travel there at all! My mum doesn't really like me having a load of people over but if prof is up for it I could invite you and him over so you can play him?
Sure that would be great. Either place works for me.

I live in the accomodations, they provide 14'' tvs in the rooms and a large tv in the common room(though flat screen not sure if lag will be a big issue). My flatmate owns a wii(no game) but is away at the moment, so if you guys come you'll ned to bring the wii. When he comes back I could ask him if I can borrow it.

Or I can try coming over, as long as you provide directions on how to get there.

Jolteon

Sure that would be great. Either place works for me.

I live in the accomodations, they provide 14'' tvs in the rooms and a large tv in the common room(though flat screen not sure if lag will be a big issue). My flatmate owns a wii(no game) but is away at the moment, so if you guys come you'll ned to bring the wii. When he comes back I could ask him if I can borrow it.

Or I can try coming over, as long as you provide directions on how to get there.
Yeah that's fine, I can bring a set-up/give directions. Are you free any time this weekend?

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's fine, I can bring a set-up/give directions. Are you free any time this weekend?
Friday anytime after 2:30, that's the last hospital teaching
Saturday anytime after 6pm, I should be back from football(soccer)
Sunday after 10:30 or 12:30 depending on the mass service I go to.

Whichever of the 3 is fine. If you can to let me know what time to meet so I can plan accordingly.

The accomodation is right by the hospital on woodcote rd, all you need to do is call me since the accomodation needs a card swipe. I believe the 293 drops you right in front of the accomodations, I see it stop there frequently.

If you want me to come over, please let me know which bus to take or a direction, so I can try and figure it out.

Jolteon

Friday/Sunday is fine for me, I finish at 3:20 on Friday and I'm pretty much free all of Sunday.

I'll speak to Prof and see what he wants to do, if he wants to come over I'll ask my Mum about it, if not then I'd prefer to go to yours. When I have more info on what to do (sometime tomorrow most likely) I'll PM you with my number and other stuff.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I spoke with my flatmate who came back and he's cool with me borrowing the system this weekend. So if you do come, all you need to bring is the game and the memory card. Though I wonder, would be any problems since the wii is from america and the game is PAL?

I was provided a few websites that can help me get around.

www.traveline.org.uk
www.metroline.co.uk
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/routes.htm

So when you get a chance, let me know what is the decision.

Jolteon

Alright, I spoke with my flatmate who came back and he's cool with me borrowing the system this weekend. So if you do come, all you need to bring is the game and the memory card. Though I wonder, would be any problems since the wii is from america and the game is PAL?

I was provided a few websites that can help me get around.

www.traveline.org.uk
www.metroline.co.uk
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/routes.htm

So when you get a chance, let me know what is the decision.
I'll bring my cube, NTSC Wiis can't play PAL games or PAL saves. :(

www.tfl.gov.uk <-- this site is very good for public transport information.

Top Bottom