• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Oaks Havoc tournament tracy, ca

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Iv been in discussion with many people about reviving my old tournament series held in tracy, ca. Tracy happens to be a cross road town for many cities with talent as lonf as people are willing to drive 30 to 60 minutes. The closest being modesto, merced, and stockton. There is a pretty decent following of smashers in this area as iv seen from going to modesto ball z smashfests. Also antioch is 45 minutes away. And any bay area crews should be no more than 70 minutes away. Having said all that, tracy has the potential to bring several areas of interest together if done right.

WE STILL NEED TVS GAMECUBES GAME DISCS MEMORY CARDS MULTI-OUTLETs AND POWERCORDS!!!

ALSO COME DRESSED UP FOR HALLOWEEN!

DATE:
Saturday october 15
Doors open at 10.
Lasts until 9pm

ADDRESS:
2929 n. Macarthur drive tracy, ca (find the office/rec room in front)

EVENTS:
Melee single $5 entrance fee
Marvel vs capcom 3 $5 entrance fee
Given the time i mite consider experimenting with a new crew format involving random select and tiers.
There will be a $1 venue fee unless u bring a setup or other contribution.

PRIZES:
60, 30, 10 melee
60, 25, 15 mvc3

RULES:
-Double elimination
-stock-4
-timelimit- 8 min
-Items off
-sets are best 2 out of 3 except finals and semi-finals which are best 3 of 5
-STAGE SELECTION WILL "NOT" BE REDWOOD. this means im going with a traditional stage selection method. both players select a character then each player bans one stage not to be used for the full set. double blind picks may be used at any point in the set. first stage is random. players may change characters after first match. Loser picks the next match from the counterpick or random stage list. If the same person wins the set it over, if not then both players select a character and the loser selects a stage in the same manner.

RANDOM STAGES- final destination, battlefield, dreamland 64, fountain of dreams, yoshi's story, Pokemon stadium.
COUNTERPICK STAGES-Kongo Jungle 64, rainbow cruise, brinstar

-Daves stupid rule applies. The winner may not counterpick a stage he's previous won at.
-Gentlemens clause. this means any stage or method of character/stage selection may be used if BOTH players agree to it.
-No glitches, wobbling/ blizzwobbling, various ness glitches etc.

RULES and general info for
Marvel vs Capcom 3

Tournament starts at between 2 to 3
32 man max don't want it to be too big. Should be 2 set ups total.
PS3 only!

Standard 99 second match
Best 2 out of 3 with Double Elimination
Losers, Winners and Grand finals will be best 3 out of 5.
All characters are allowed
Loser can switch their team
Winner must keep the same team with the same assists
And no SIMPLE MODE

Additional info: Bring your own controller/stick. There will not be any spare controllers are sticks on site. Wireless controllers are allowed, and controller must be turned off when not in a match.

Pause during match will result in a forfeit the round IF its between players. Pauses caused by a wireless controller of someone NOT participating in the current match will be DQed.

Any other questions about mvc3 please contact foxmcCrack. Melee questions please contact superskeetbro

About the venue.
It is a rec room for the neighborhood i live in and is spacious enough for 30 to 40 people. They provide 4 or 5 fold out table big enough for 2 tv's each. I usually get about 10 setups. They provide plenty of metal fold out chairs, two couches, a kitchen with refridgerator sink oven microwave and stove. I will be selling concessions or u can eat at subway or jackinthebox a block away. Two bathrooms. Parking directly in front of the building. Bottomline is its a good venue.

Hope to see you all there especial all the familiar faces i used to see.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
A few of my friends cant make 8 th either so im starting to strongly lean towards the 15. Iv got a bunch of people from tracy livermore and pleasanton who r on board. They arent anybody recognizable but r pretty decent players. Plus they should sweeten the pot

:phone:

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Ok so this is supposed to be an image of the venue but the picture isnt showing up. I posted the pic on facebook so that i had a had an address for the pic. Any help on a better way to get a pic from an iphone to this post

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Hmmm, I've never tried to link to a picture on facebook before.

I usually just post stuff to my photobucket account and link to it there

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
And then you can pick me up and take me to the tournament, followed by dinner and a movie.

Then maybe we can do somethin stranger for a little piece of change.

ITS A DATE MOON!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
getting slightly hyped.

i wanna see bizzarro flame vs moon

hopefully project styles can try his luck vs alan

MasterShake

Smash Lord
LOL alan. I'm only a tease.

Though I'm always down to grab a bite to eat with the homies.

But I'm broke afterwards, strangeness cannot ensue lol.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Ya im bout to reserve the room for the 15. Unless its taken which is doubtful im confirming for the 15th.

Btw some of my friends have been asking if they could throw a side tournament for marvel vs capcom 3. What do u guys feel about that. It would only be a 16 man tourney since i dont want it outshining smash.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hey now

if more people enter marvel, just let it be hahhaha.

actually that makes me want to go even more!!!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
You can throw the MVC3 tournament, but you'll probably need flatscreen tvs. I've hosted tournaments for other fighting games in the past and I literally couldn't get anyone to even play friendlies on a CRT Tv. I can bring 3 setups for the smash tournament but can't provide anything for the Mvc3 tourney. And I WILL NOT ENTER IT. I like the game and all but... haha, andre knows why I can't

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Basically someone bet me $50 that I wouldn't be able to make it one full year without entering an mvc3 / umvc3 tournament. I don't own the game and have only played it a handful of times so it's a pretty random and easy to win bet IMO, plus I'm poor as **** so I could use the cash lol. It's one of the guys from my crew who made the bet actually. He's also the best player in modesto (mains marth/ICs) but not many people know about him.

More than anything I'm just doing it to prove him wrong, but yeah... just noting that I'm not getting in on that tourney since andre's a mutual friend and will undoubtedly read this hehe

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Lets start talkin setups. I have 2 copies of smash 2 gc and a wii 2 tvs ( only friendlies quality. They cut out randomly). I have plenty of friends who can bring setups but the more the merrier. Anybody? Plus il waive the venue fee to those who contribute

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Well as I mentioned I've got a ton. We should be fine for setups.

i'm really looking forward to this though. It'll be cool playing the other tracy smashers who end up going

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i hope they aren't all skeet bro clones who will dress up as various characters and do impressions of all of them

might as well play Super Smash Bros: Real Life

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahahah simna. the guy was weird, and ness sucks. he figured out a lot of stuff though

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
He definately defied the laws of tiers thats for sure. Did u notice the giant sausage i threw at him at the bigining. He tried fsmash but missed lol. He also had a replica ness yoyo

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha he def had the ness costume down

but if by defying laws of tiers you mean losing to every average sheik....

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Simna seemed pretty good to me. Then again, the only time I played against him was at the first tournament I ever attended lol

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Gkinfinity, choknater, whats it look like on your end for who is planning on coming. Iv got some noobs, novice, decent, and 2 or 3 good players from people that i kno on a day to day basis saying they will most likely be attending. Plus iv been talking to vans who is with the asians from the bay crew. She should b makin it and the others still have to see but have been invited. Kizzo is also interested and i have alot more i have not been able to contact yet. I plan on inviting dbr plus people from antioch and also teamscape altho they've been inactive lately. Still considering marvel do help boost attendance. I just really dont want it outshining smash. Choknater do u kno alot peeps that both marvel and smash?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
A good chunk of people are most likely going to come to this because of how little tournaments we actually have booked for this September/October.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I tried contacting the random people who used to come to my tournaments last year, but haven't had any responses yet. They probably don't even play smash anymore honestly because I haven't seen them post on smashboards in the last 6 months. And besides that there's everyone you've already contacted, merced, fresno, sac, and stockton. Merced already knows about it, fresno's pretty likely to come I think, and idk about sac or stockton

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha dont worry so much. the venue is great and some good people are already coming

as for me, you can never be sure with me. hahahaha.

Top Bottom