• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Greens

bolaseal

Smash Apprentice
I was playing on this level and I noticed two interesting things:

- you can walljump off of falling blocks while they are in midair
- if you are standing on the blocks, you recover very quickly from certain attacks (ex: as Fox you can do several dsmashes in quick succession)

Deus

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by meleeprodigy
ok and ur point is?
Just let the man have his fun with his random discoveries! I for one find it kind of interesting and am I going to try it.

Rukazor

Smash Ace
There is a fun glitch with the fast recovery from the blocks that was mentioned earlier...

Pick Jiggly, and get someone on the blocks. Downthrow them, and then immediatly rest - works everytime, cant be stopped. :D

dan smith

Smash Champion
Yeah I think that Jigglypuff trick works on Crush Blocks, Brick Blocks, and Spin Blocks. Very handy.

I am suprised I haven't seen it in competitive play more often.

ArC_man

Smash Ace
Pick Jiggly, and get someone on the blocks. Downthrow them, and then immediatly rest - works everytime, cant be stopped. :D
I'm pretty sure luigi's up+b will hit faster. Maybe the shine will also?, don't take my word on that tho.

Rukazor

Smash Ace
No, because they will still be recovering from the downthrow and will be stuck in a few frames of falling around. They will not be able to do any moves in that time, and it alows just enough time for Jiggs to fire off a rest.

Zeru

Smash Journeyman
who else benefits on green greens? i heard that sheik and falco do.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Originally posted by «Vü§»
I'm kind of curious after hearing about that Jiggly trick... what other combos benefit from this little Green Green trick?
Probably just about anyone who's down throw hits the opponent into the ground.

I don't really care to test or anything, but you could probably do stuff like dthrow - dair with ganon. or dthrow to fair with doc. It's not as big of a deal as you think though, because it's rather hard to get an opponent grabbed on a block. And concntrating on it will simply mess up your game.

The Cape

Smash Master
Zelda does really well on Green Greens.

Blocks = combo counter, and her kick kills at low percents there.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, you'd need a throw that breaks the block you're standing on, and a quick move that comes out within a few frames.

Top Bottom