• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greatest moment in your smash career?

The Star King

Smash Hero
funny this is exactly what happened to me at apex 2015 in tourney. I somehow ragequit from di'ing so hard. Worst part was that it was a teams match so i totally screwed over my teammate by doing that. Sorry Annex :(
OH YEAH thanks for reminding me, after I saw Wookie's post, I was gonna say "someone did that to me recently", but I couldn't remember who so I didn't bother posting. But now I remember it was teams me Killer vs you Annex

Not top, but one of my favorite moments was at Weedwack's house in the basement. We put together a lonely set up (there was like 6 other set ups upstairs) and proceeded to play ffa with items on. I believe it was Weedwack, myself, Sensei, and Vice? Isai proceeds to come down the stairs alone and see what we were doing. Somehow it comes up that Cobr had claimed my TV lagged. Isai takes my (brand new at the time) controller, goes to Hyrule with Fox in training mode and proceeds to disprove Cobr's usual Samus johns of "this tv lags, 2 frames". The ffa was really fun too. But proving Cobr to be the johning Samus main he is was much more exciting.
I wish I was there to witness cobr getting exposed for the johning little ***** he is (luv u)

Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
It must have been 5 years ago when I was randomly in Japan at the same time as the kanto 2010 tournament. Isai helped me register and explain the tournaments location and how to get there, through messaging here on smashboards. When I got to the building I wasnt entirely sure if I was at the correct spot. Tokyo can really be hard to navigate sometimes. But I saw allot of young guys going towards the elevator, and one of them had a 64 controller with him. So then I though I should follow them and hope for the best.

The elevator was kind of small and we were like 8-10 people or something, so we were all kind of squeezed together. After a little while they all stop talking and looked towards me. Not only was I the only blond guy in the elevator, but probably the whole city, so I was kind of used to it there. Then suddenly one of the guys wispher "isai guy?" And im like looking at him, and then all the others start to ask one after the other "isai friend?"

So then I say "yeah". And everyone is litteraly freaking out and jumping up and down screaming "Isai friend! Isai Friend!" so the elevator allmost stops.

After we got out I got pretty much badly stomped the whole evening in smash. But it didnt matter. The elevator ride was my 3 minutes of fame. And not only was it my greatest moment in smash, but I have never felt, and probably never will fell more like a celeberty in my whole life.

If this isnt something to tell my grandchilden then I dont know what is.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Not top, but one of my favorite moments was at Weedwack's house in the basement. We put together a lonely set up (there was like 6 other set ups upstairs) and proceeded to play ffa with items on. I believe it was Weedwack, myself, Sensei, and Vice? Isai proceeds to come down the stairs alone and see what we were doing. Somehow it comes up that Cobr had claimed my TV lagged. Isai takes my (brand new at the time) controller, goes to Hyrule with Fox in training mode and proceeds to disprove Cobr's usual Samus johns of "this tv lags, 2 frames". The ffa was really fun too. But proving Cobr to be the johning Samus main he is was much more exciting.
i actually remember watching this basement ffa that was too fun

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
The time (just happened today) I didn't get completely and absolutely bodied horribly against fireblaster in an online tourney. (He still took it 2-0) I just ended up feeling good after playing his mario and Yosh

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
i actually remember watching this basement ffa that was too fun
That's right, you were there! Am I wrong or was Vice playing with us too?

I wish I was there to witness cobr getting exposed for the johning little ***** he is (luv u)
Unfortunately, Cobr was not present as he was hosting other players at his house for apex, so I didn't get to directly expose him.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
That's right, you were there! Am I wrong or was Vice playing with us too?

Unfortunately, Cobr was not present as he was hosting other players at his house for apex, so I didn't get to directly expose him.
i think people were rotating in and out. i remember vice being there at one point as well as banze

Top Bottom